Ronda Rousey makes Forbes "30 under 30" list

The amount of haters in these two pages amazes me. Rousey is undefeated with all R1 finishes, was a SF champion, is currently a UFC champion, an Olympian, obtained some amazing endorsements by some pretty well-known companies most fighters would drool at having, is now recognized by Forbes and people dump on her?

It sounds to me like certain posters aren't getting enough sex. Just a theory.

Oh, and neither Cyborg or Gina came even close to the notariety Rousey obtained.

[QUOTE="Rush";78538005]With the way this forum is...I can't even tell if you're trolling or not.[/QUOTE]

How the hell am I trolling? If Dana hadn't made her a UFC champ do you think she'd be mentioned in Forbes? HELL NO.

she is so pretty, and she trolls like chael sonnen!. this is not what fightsports is supposed to be about. image is now taking precedense over actual ability and results. :icon_neut

Seems like there is a full court press to push her. I don't mind women's MMA, I believe women should be treated with respect and equality, but I think this is the wrong woman to be the front person. She is coming across as unlikeable and even a little nutty. Apparently her manager is just as nutty.

I will be happy to hear no more about either and if her losing is what it takes, so be it.

[QUOTE="Rush";78538279]Where did i say she deserves to be there over other male fighters? Semi attractive girl that is an Olympian, has 9 first round armbar's and talks a lot shit - something that gets you far in this game.

Lol, guys having to post photos that are 9 years old.[/QUOTE]

well you are acting like she deserves to be there as you are not calling bullshit. and i dont care what she looked like 9 years ago, and i definately dont give a shit now. this is MMA, not a beauty pageant

Why Ronda over Jones, Aldo, Bendo, JDS, Weidman or a lot of other MMA fighters under 30 who have done more/can do more?

ginafatty.jpg

yep too many haters.

katy perry is the best singer of all time!, she is so pretty, if you dont agree with that then you are just a hater. what a lame cop-out

[QUOTE="Rush";78538193]Weak competition? You dont know what you're talking about. Plus half of Cyborgs opponents now fight at 135 and even some at 125.

Heard of a guy called Chael Sonnen? He's popular because he talks a lot, so does she. She has a UFC contract because the UFC see an opportunity to make money. Wow so many people are clueless. Cyborg plays into Ronda's strengths and how you know how she'll perform without PED's too? Her game was to overwhelm and bully her opponents.[/QUOTE]

Miesha Tate is probably her best win, who I like also. What's sad is I know your points valid, it's all about talking and making money. I don't keep up with WMMA too much but from what I can see, it's all about image and it's getting on my nerves..Im just saying a lot of WMMA fighters were discredicted and Dana even said No womens division ever in the UFC...then Rousey comes and gets some 1st round wins and suddenly DW is headlining cards with her.

Cyborg is bigger and stronger, well rounded enough to stick straights and keep distance, she's just too much of an animal imo but I don't know how she will do without the PEDS and that's a subject we can't even put into play.

Okay when Cyborg was doing shit this good nobody mentioned her. Now Rousey suddenly appears arm-barring weak competition and is being shoved down our throats.

Neither Gina nor Cyborg were offered any thing like the UFC, and they were imo doing just as good as Rousey is now if not better, and imo would probably put the hurt on Rousey. (Gina maybe not, but I know Cyborg would get the TKO)

haha... "When Cyborg was doing shit"... you mean steroids?

As already pointed out, half of Cyborg's wins are over women who fight one or two weight classes below her. They went up in weight to take their beating for the paycheck. Cyborg has never competed without a huge weight and testosterone advantage. I see absolutely no way a clean Cyborg at 135 can beat Ronda. Cyborg's wins come from steroid bullying girls to the ground and using GNP (no way she can do this against Rousey) or by using the Thai clinch to accumlate enough damage to get a TKO. No way clinching works on Ronda, either.

At the time when WMMA was getting big it was hard to ignore the roar they put out. Rousey has never made it to the second, but that's now back then those two were the best WMMA had and got shoved under the rug like nothing.

I agree tho I do think Gina was heavily promoted. They definitely didn't promote Cyborg at all. As soon as Ronda beat Tate they promoted the hell out of her, I have an idea why but Ill just keep that to myself.

I agree tho I do think Gina was heavily promoted. They definitely didn't promote Cyborg at all. As soon as Ronda beat Tate they promoted the hell out of her, I have an idea why but Ill just keep that to myself.

A lot of this is just B/S and the people who are fighting for Rhonda's case, nobody is saying she is a bad fighter and nobody is saying anything about her negative..It's just obvious she is being shoved down our throats, so obvious it's bugging people and some of us feel other women should have had the lime-light/ deserved it or earned it at the time.

The amount of haters in these two pages amazes me. Rousey is undefeated with all R1 finishes, was a SF champion, is currently a UFC champion, an Olympian, obtained some amazing endorsements by some pretty well-known companies most fighters would drool at having, is now recognized by Forbes and people dump on her?

It sounds to me like certain posters aren't getting enough sex. Just a theory.

Oh, and neither Cyborg or Gina came even close to the notariety Rousey obtained.

I agree, either they don't get enough sex or they're gender confused homosexuals that are jealous they can't get the dick a pretty successful woman such as Rhona can get. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Back