1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Ronda Rousey is just not that good

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Iverson75, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Doug22 Brown Belt

You're taking the comparison a tad too literally. They were both dominant by relying on being exceptionally skilled with a limited tool set that their opponents had no clue how to stop. I definitely agree that Gracie's accomplishments were far more impressive and he will have the better legacy.

In Ronda's defense though I will say that her opponents at least were familiar with all of the prominent disciplines in MMA. Some of the guys Gracie was subbing had never even heard of ju-jitsu.

2. Madbomber Blue Belt

Royce was beating guys who outweighed him by 100lbs. Ronda is not even close to being that good.

3. SmilinDesperado Gold Belt

Who knows? If Cain hadn't pulled out we could've saw a legend be born

4. Lint jmp dword ptr [ebp+8]

No probs, I just think it's really unfair to compare both exactly because the world was all different back in that time.

And I agree with your point of view defending Ronda, but at the same time Royce probably never heard of savate back in that era (nobody i Brazil did), and yet the guy who fought savate did awesome, remember?