Ronda Rousey is just not that good

Iverson75

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure what fight many of you saw but from what I observed the simple crux of the matter is just that she is not very good.

Very poor distance control.

Absent groundgame.

Judo only works if you can get somebody to the ground.

And her submission game is extremely limited.

Only armbars?

LOL

Big deal.

Why so many think she is this amazing all around fighter really boggles my mind.

I guess I will watch the rest of her fights now to see why so many think she is this all time great.

She started her career off at 12-0, finished all of her opponents, some of them in seconds.
Many of the people she destroyed are still highly regarded.

Some of us were saying this for years... WMMA is still insanely shallow which allowed Rousey to be dominant as a one trick pony. It took awhile for some strikers that could keep the fight standing to come along and challenge her.

She will be remembered as the Royce Gracie of WMMA. She was extremely skilled in one aspect of the sport which her opponents didn't have the skill set to neutralize.

Rogan calling her a once ever athlete and saying she could beat half of the men was a complete joke that made him lose nearly all credibility in my eyes.

Some of us were saying this for years... WMMA is still insanely shallow which allowed Rousey to be dominant as a one trick pony. It took awhile for some strikers that could keep the fight standing to come along and challenge her.
How is she a one trick pony? Takedowns and submissions are just one trick? Or is that just because she got both of those from one martial art? Is Fedor a one trick pony because he got his striking, takedowns and submissions just from combat sambo?

BS.

Ronda just got lost, stop trying to downplay her achievements and I wouldn't count her out just yet.

Ronda Rosie is just another version of Royce Gracie.

Prove me wrong

BS.

Ronda just got lost, stop trying to downplay her achievements and I wouldn't count her out just yet.
at this point i would recommend counting her out. that was another extreme ass-kicking.

I'm not sure what fight many of you saw but from what I observed the simple crux of the matter is just that she is not very good.

Very poor distance control.

Absent groundgame.

Judo only works if you can get somebody to the ground.

And her submission game is extremely limited.

Only armbars?

LOL

Big deal.

Why so many think she is this amazing all around fighter really boggles my mind.

I guess I will watch the rest of her fights now to see why so many think she is this all time great.
Nope. second to none ground game. she even ko'd people.
whats for sure is she has no natural talent for avoiding strikes. no idea how to move.

Nope. second to none ground game. she even ko'd people.
whats for sure is she has no natural talent for avoiding strikes. no idea how to move.

So you are saying she has a better ground game than BJ Penn, Demain Maia and Frank Mir?

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

I think her half time actress, half time overweight recluse schedule just allowed the division to catch her and pass her by athletically.

Bottom line, to stay your best, you have to bust your ass every damn day, year round, and Honda just hasn't done that in a long while.

How did her stance get worse?!? She didn't hold her elbows up by her ears vs Holm.

How is she a one trick pony? Takedowns and submissions are just one trick? Or is that just because she got both of those from one martial art? Is Fedor a one trick pony because he got his striking, takedowns and submissions just from combat sambo?

Judo throw into arm bar was her one trick. Her ju-jitsu skills are barely noteworthy.

Back