Ronda Rousey is just not that good

In years past, I always thought she was benefiting from limited talent in the women's division. I always wanted to see her against a striker that had footwork and knew how to defend an arm bar. Instead she was fighting women with very limited skills.

She will have to improve her striking dramatically if she ever wants to be champion again.

at this point i would recommend counting her out. that was another extreme ass-kicking.

Herb saved her from unnecessary damage. She is still healthy, she is still young, she was and can again be a bad mother fu**er. She just needs to find herself again and get the fu** away from Edmond AND Travis imo.

She is basically another Royce Gracie, no?
matt hughes.jpg 1363917403978.jpg
Ronda was like a female version of Matt Hughes. A dominant grappler with very basic stand-up skills. Eventually both of their divisions evolved to expose their weaknesses. Hughes lost his last two fights by KO.

Ronda is good at 2 things -- a judo throw and basic arm bar

No striking

No wrestling

No Jiu-Jitsu

And she is supposed to be this well rounded alltime great?

Is this a white supremacist thing?

I just don't see it.

Name one man at 135 that Ronda can beat.

What was Roe Jogan thinking?

No striking

No wrestling

No Jiu-Jitsu

I just don't see it.

It's a marketing thing. If she would've been black it would've been the same shit.

Well yeah pretty much nailed it

No striking

No wrestling

No Jiu-Jitsu

I just don't see it.

Why don't you just use your real account?

If she ditched that fraudulent cunt who pretends to train her I think should could come back and do quite well for herself.

Time passes everyone by eventually.

Her stance is horrible. Kind of like a fat kid learning how to salsa.

Her legacy will be that of bringing the women's division to the masses. The UFC saw a chance to make a lot of money and boy did it ever pay off. Part of the scheme was to have a champion. Rhonda was selected as a champion for her looks, olympic pedigree, and ability to dominate a shallow division. Her skillset, while limited was enough to get the job done and keep the hype machine rolling. What is surprising to me is how many people were fooled. Sure the casual fan or person that watches the Ellen show Isn't going to know how limited her skillset is, but Joe Rogan...he should know better.

I'm not sure what fight many of you saw but from what I observed the simple crux of the matter is just that she is not very good.

Very poor distance control.

Absent groundgame.

Judo only works if you can get somebody to the ground

And her submission game is extremely limited.

Only armbars?

LOL

Big deal.

Why so many think she is this amazing all around fighter really boggles my mind.

I guess I will watch the rest of her fights now to see why so many think she is this all time great.
Aren't these contradictory statements?

Back