Ronda NEVER beat an elite fighter.. EVER

Nunes
JJ
Rousey
The rest
Cyborgs resume is lacking, she also got koed by a smaller women in Nunes
Lol at rose

she started MMA at 145. Cyborg was in the same promotion in the same weight class. Then cyborg came over. a real WMMA warrior went up and beat the fuck out of here.

What does that have to do with anything? No one should argue she's on that level.

But in her time/era, she was certainly elite. She was just someone who was caught between eras where the talent level at the top rose fairly dramatically.

Babe Ruth wouldn't be hitting shit in 2019.

What does that have to do with anything? No one should argue she's on that level.

But in her time/era, she was certainly elite. She was just someone who was caught between eras where the talent level at the top rose fairly dramatically.

Babe Ruth wouldn't be hitting shit in 2019.

lmao wtf are you talking about. there is other elite fighters in her era, she lost to 2 of them and ducked the other 1.

go ahead and name them..ill wait lol.
Stop moving the goal posts
You ignored my main post
I’ll re post the part you ignored
“Miesha Tate you know the woman that beat Holm isn’t elite?
Cat Zingano the woman who beat Numes not elite?
You’re clearly a butt hurt Rousey hater who still isn’t over it two years later”
Counter that

Sir Bisping the pillowfist knocked out Rockhold in the first round.

Tate did what she does best against Holly, grind on her opponents until they wilt or make a mistake.

Those 2 scenarios shouldn't be compared.

Tate was elite.

you would? her only win vs anyone eltie her self is a hail marry sub vs holm.

she fought cans mostly

What an inane statement, elite is not just the calibre of opponent she beat but the skill too.

Holm is a great win.

You could say the same thing for many male fighters who are "elite"

Nunes
JJ
Rousey
The rest
Cyborgs resume is lacking, she also got koed by a smaller women in Nunes
Lol at rose

you think ronda is a better fighter p4P than rose? are you sick? Ronda is a product of hype and fighting BUMS! you cant be serious. If you really are i will go through the rankings and break down who all is better than she is. Ronda is a can crusher man lol

What an inane statement, elite is not just the calibre of opponent she beat but the skill too.

Holm is a great win.

You could say the same thing for many male fighters who are "elite"

no thats not insane lol. Holm is a great win, greater than any win ronda ever got. The fact remains there was at least 3 elite fighters in her era, she ducked 1 and got fucked up by 2

you think ronda is a better fighter p4P than rose? are you sick? Ronda is a product of hype and fighting BUMS! you cant be serious. If you really are i will go through the rankings and break down who all is better than she is. Ronda is a can crusher man lol
Cans like Tate and Zingano? Also stop ignoring my main point I’m not gonna let you sweep it under the rug
She has the most defences and the fastest submission she has beat hall of famers and was the first ufc women’s champ
No amount of bull shit narrative will change this
“ Miesha Tate you know the woman that beat Holm isn’t elite?
You’re clearly a butt hurt Rousey hater who still isn’t over it two years later“

lmao wtf are you talking about. there is other elite fighters in her era, she lost to 2 of them and ducked the other 1.

The Nunes we have now was a categorically different fighter back then, and Holm wasn't even in the UFC when she fought Tate 1.

An ELO-based ranking system puts her 2nd all-time (ELO is a bit funky in some aspects for MMA, but it speaks to the idea that normed to era, she did serious work):
http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-womens-open/

WMMA doesnt really have elite fighters, if anything she did beat other olympian...thats wmma for you.

How many women could actually be classified as elite, exactly?

lets be conservative and not include people too small.

I would say the bullet ( i wont hold that agaisnt her the bullet didnt come out yet)
Cyborg- She ducked her
Holm- KTFO
Nune- KTFO

so she had 3 chacnes to get at least one elite win and didnt. it wasnt like she had nobody to fight. The UFC was very smart about how they promited her and who they matched her up with. They had shills saying she could beat floyd lol.

In fairness. Its not as if there was a plethora of elite talent in wmma during Ronda's run..

And there's still not, but it's a bit better. I'm no fan or defender of Honda, but you can say the same thing about any top male fighter from the 1990s...none of their opponents were truly elite, well-rounded fighters by today's standards. But that's using hindsight analysis in an unfair way. All you can do is judge them by their level of competition and ability to evolve. Ronda was very dominant against her early WMMA competition (with the big disclaimer that she never fought Cyborg), but she failed miserably in the "evolving" department. Contrast that with a fighter like Frank Shamrock, who evolved a lot from the early 90s to the late 90s.

She lost to an extremely ripped top level striker who is top 5 wmma and the lost to the arguably GOAT wmma fighter.

You telling me none of wmma knew had to defend a fucking armbar? Which is considered one of the easier subs to defend.

She is the Royce Gracie of WMMA. Even the haters tuned in to see her fight cause it was exciting and people wanted to see how quick she would armbar girls. She never ducked anybody, she was just mentally weak in defeat

no thats not insane lol. Holm is a great win, greater than any win ronda ever got. The fact remains there was at least 3 elite fighters in her era, she ducked 1 and got fucked up by 2

Zingano finished Pennington, Tate and Nunes in a row before losing to Ronda, how was Zingano not an elite win for Ronda?

She beat herself,

That's a win against the GOAT.

Rose has zero wins vs good grappler in UFC.Zero. She faced one and lost, it was Carla Esparza. Rest of her oponnents are strikers with almsot no grappling , and when she faced strikers using clinch like Kowalkiewicz and Torres she struggled (dunno why Joanna in 2nd fight was not clinching, probably because of "great" gameplanning).
Andrade will be very good test for her.

Stop moving the goal posts
You ignored my main post
I’ll re post the part you ignored
“Miesha Tate you know the woman that beat Holm isn’t elite?
You’re clearly a butt hurt Rousey hater who still isn’t over it two years later”
Counter that

First of all, im not a hater of anyone or butt hurt about shit. I try to make at least one or two posts a day that people will acutally post in a talk about. With the rousey boxing clip popping up it was a good time to bring it up. I love everyone in MMA so just remember that for our future encounters lol. Im not a hater at all

secondly sorry bro, i didnt ignore anything on purpose, i jsut had quite a few quotes to respond too and didnt mean to over look yours...the answer to them......

No they arent elite lol. Getting a big win does not make you elite. Cat is not elite and neither is meisha. Do not put them in the same class with Holm, nunes and cyborg thats not fair lol.

is serra elite because he beat GSP? getting a huge win doesnt mean you are elite lol.

at best meisha was a one eyed king in the land of the blind. The true tests and elite fighters WHERE out there. She avoided them until she couldnt anymore and then got blasted and pulled the pillow face, came back, faked a bunch of people out. She was the only one promoted leading up to UFC 200 and she got FUCKED UP AGAIN and then retired. she didnt even look average when she was in the cage with an elite WMMA fighter. She didnt even win a single second of either fight, and avoided cyborg at all costs

Last edited:
Cans like Tate and Zingano? Also stop ignoring my main point I’m not gonna let you sweep it under the rug
She has the most defences and the fastest submission she has beat hall of famers and was the first ufc women’s champ
No amount of bull shit narrative will change this
“ Miesha Tate you know the woman that beat Holm isn’t elite?
You’re clearly a butt hurt Rousey hater who still isn’t over it two years later“
That Ronda was first champ, means nothing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back