Ronda NEVER beat an elite fighter.. EVER

This is like Gina Carano Version 2.0. Big Name at the time. Looking back... just another "pioneer". The age of a definitive Babe Ruth - Michael Jordan level WMMA competitor has still yet to arrive.

Miesha Tate = champ
Zingano busted up the double champ herself
I also think Carmoche deserves an honorable mention, she is kinda tough, check out this sneaky left hand
Liz-Carmouche-landed-a-LC-OHR-that-cut-Alexis-Davis-R2-.gif
For WMMA thats "elite".

Tate was a legit win. Everyone else was meh

Answer:

I disagree with your edit. I don't believe Miesha Tate is elite.

Her best wins are Sarah McMann, Holly Holm (who is incredibly overrated), Marloes Coenen, and Liz Carmouche.

Yes, she was usually competitive in the fights she even lost but if if the division had more depth I doubt she'd win the belt.

Heck, think of this, if Dana had given her the title shot she deserved against Rousey, she would have likely lost again and that win against Holly Holm wouldn't exist.

Holm got a title shot against De Ranime and lost. After De Ranime moved to BW she got another instant title shot and lost again. Tate is good, she's a grinder, like you said but she is not elite.

And let’s think who beat tf out of tate:

Ronda x2.
Cat Zingano devastated her nose for the first time.
Amanda Nunes finished Cat’s work and needed surgery after it.
Sarah Kaufman; yeah, an ELITE fighter...
Raquel Pennington RETIRED her
<{Heymansnicker}>

Not enough talent in WMMA to actually beat so many elite fighters. That being said, her resume is still stronger than Cyborg's...funny.

You know after the weeks since I posted this , that’s kind of been my take away. Chris is a warrior in there but she has really had a fluffy ass line up of fighters. And she got the same treatment Ronda did vs nunes almost exactly. Cyborg could actually be a huge fraud.

You know after the weeks since I posted this , that’s kind of been my take away. Chris is a warrior in there but she has really had a fluffy ass line up of fighters. And she got the same treatment Ronda did vs nunes almost exactly. Cyborg could actually be a huge fraud.

To put Cyborg's record in perspective, she has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145, and three of them have zero wins. She has fought six women who have fought at 125. She has missed weight four times, failed two drug tests and has attempted to cheat by altering a weigh-in scale.

Could be?

Also, as I have not done the math recently, when Cyborg, Ronda and JJ were the female champions, Cyborg's opponents had the lowest winning percentage.

Numbers pretty much say it all.

Miesha Tate is elite.

It's not Ronda's fault that she fought in an era with garbage competition.

It is her fault that she ducked Cyborg though.

I more so blame guys like Rogan for over hyping her to the moon, and mindless sheep buying into it.

Rogan said she was a "once ever" athlete and she could beat 50% of the men's BW division. LOL! What a joke.

looking back, she might be the bigget fraud in UFC history. In her entire career she has not beaten any fighters that a logical mma fan would consider elite. She never beat any goats, never fought a champ from a bigger class. Her best win is Tate 2x. Tate is a grinder and deserves her respect but lets be honest and say she wasnt truly elite. Before people in love with Tates ass come in and say but she was the champ...so was bisping lol, sometimes a non elite contender gets an upset.

Ronda crushed every can she could before having to truly even fight an elite fighter and got crushed as soon as she did. God damn the UFC Hype machine is amazing and casuals are crazy lol. People actually thought she could beat floyd?!? LMAO

EDIT- i have to always keep it real its something i pride my self on. After our discussion in this thread i am willing to concede one point. Tate is elite. I discredited her wins in strikeforce more than i should have. I wont change anything in my posts so you can have a good read and decided for your self but i will have to just say i think i was wrong about this. I love sherdog because even though it can be full of try hards,nut huggers, and haters..theres a fuck ton of really knowledgeable guys around here. Great talk fellas
She beat Zingano, who beat Nunes, and beat Tate, who beat Holly.

So uhh.....what?

ronda destroyed julia budd who is the current FW bellator champ, therefore ronda beat a champ from a higher weight class

ronda destroyed cat zingano who demolished amanda nunes, the WMMA GOAT

ronda destroyed sara mcmann, a silver medal olympic wrestler

also if by your standards holm is elite, then tate beat holm and ronda destroyed tate.

RONDA BLESS
olympic champion, MMA champ, WWE champ
the combat sports GOAT
Ronda-Rousey-WWE-Raw-4.jpg
lol, just stop

Controversial: Rousey would still be a good fighter if she was still in the UFC.

She only lost to Holm and Nunes, who also gave Cyborg trouble.

Isn't Bethe Correia still ranked?

Meisha Tate is basically the Michael Bisping of that division, I wouldn't call either one of them "elite". Two gate keepers that lucked into a title.

Last edited:
Ill be honest: I really haven't given a Crap about w.m.m.a since she left.

O.p secretly wants to smell her feet wraps.

Back