Ronda NEVER beat an elite fighter.. EVER

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
looking back, she might be the bigget fraud in UFC history. In her entire career she has not beaten any fighters that a logical mma fan would consider elite. She never beat any goats, never fought a champ from a bigger class. Her best win is Tate 2x. Tate is a grinder and deserves her respect but lets be honest and say she wasnt truly elite. Before people in love with Tates ass come in and say but she was the champ...so was bisping lol, sometimes a non elite contender gets an upset.

Ronda crushed every can she could before having to truly even fight an elite fighter and got crushed as soon as she did. God damn the UFC Hype machine is amazing and casuals are crazy lol. People actually thought she could beat floyd?!? LMAO

EDIT- i have to always keep it real its something i pride my self on. After our discussion in this thread i am willing to concede one point. Tate is elite. I discredited her wins in strikeforce more than i should have. I wont change anything in my posts so you can have a good read and decided for your self but i will have to just say i think i was wrong about this. I love sherdog because even though it can be full of try hards,nut huggers, and haters..theres a fuck ton of really knowledgeable guys around here. Great talk fellas

Last edited:
What made you post this years after she stopped fighting?

Rousey is the 3rd best female fighter ever imo.

Not bad at all.

Elite is a relative term.

Almost no one on her resume would be in the upper-crust circa 2019, but no one can deny WMMA has basically risen a whole level since she was in her prime.

How many women could actually be classified as elite, exactly?

Miesha Tate you know the woman that beat Holm isn’t elite?
Cat Zingano the woman who beat Numes not elite?
You’re clearly a butt hurt Rousey hater who still isn’t over it two years later

Elite is a relative term.

Almost no one on her resume would be in the upper-crust circa 2019, but no one can deny WMMA has basically risen a whole level since she was in her prime.

she started MMA at 145. Cyborg was in the same promotion in the same weight class. Then cyborg came over. a real WMMA warrior went up and beat the fuck out of here.

looking back, she might be the bigget fraud in UFC history. In her entire career she has not beaten any fighters that a logical mma fan would consider elite.
In fairness. Its not as if there was a plethora of elite talent in wmma during Ronda's run..

During her time the people she beat were elite
A lot of them are still relevant today or would be

In fairness. Its not as if there was a plethora of elite talent in wmma during Ronda's run..

in all fairness she would still be an mma fighter if she would have been able to beat the ones that were around WHEN shes fighting.

Who in WMMA was/is elite? Maybe 5 now?

She was better than the rest except for Cyborg during that time.

Id say Meisha is elite for WMMA standards at that time too.

Who in WMMA was/is elite? Maybe 5 now?

She was better than the rest except for Cyborg during that time.

Id say Meisha is elite for WMMA standards at that time too.

you would? her only win vs anyone eltie her self is a hail marry sub vs holm.

she fought cans mostly

Back