Ronda = most popular fighter in UFC?

Sounds legit, given I've never even heard of anyone who's heard of someone who knows of a Ronda fan in real life, but that just means she's such a big star that she's shot the moon and become secretly beloved...

when was the last time chuck/gsp/brock/jones/silva fought in a co-main event to defend their belt?

also, did you miss out UFC 170 when Ronda was the main event?

This guy knows whats up, if she was as big a star as the UFC is claiming, why waste her in a co main?

Ronda has pulled 450k. And unlike Jones, she's pretty much carrying fights by herself, as pretty much none of her opponents have much of a name, as opposed to, say, Rampage, Rashad, shogun etc, hell, even Glover was a more intriguing opponent than anyone Ronda has faced.

I'm not saying that she is or isn't the "biggest star of the UFC", but desperately insisting on her NOT being just that, to the point of ridiculing her obsessively is just annoying.

People are so desperate to degrade her it's sad.

Why can't you accept she is here to stay? She has proven herself a lot of times and we can't do anything agaist that. Accept, just it, and move on.

You should know by now that dealing with reality is a complicated task that many Shertards have complications with.

It's pretty obvious that she's not. She doesn't draw the biggest PPV numbers and she got sent out of the actual popularity contest (UFC game cover vote) in the first round.

She's a star though and gets a pretty insane hype push from the UFC. It's also a lot easier to look like a star when GSP and Anderson aren't there.

Until she gets some decent competition....

I dont think she is the most popular fighter, simply because so many ppl seem to hate, but she is likely one of the most well known UFC fighters of any era, period. People who dont watch the fights follow her.

Popular just isnt the right word, its like with the Diaz brothers, lots of people are willing to pay money to see Ronda or a Diaz get punched in the face.

Until she gets some decent competition....

I dont think she is the most popular fighter, simply because so many ppl seem to hate, but she is likely one of the most well known UFC fighters of any era, period. People who dont watch the fights follow her.

Popular just isnt the right word, its like with the Diaz brothers, lots of people are willing to pay money to see Ronda or a Diaz get punched in the face.

She's fighting the top girls OF THE DIVISION . If that fails to qualify as decent competition , then I don't know what to say. Maybe the cans that Holly Holm's fighting is ... decent competition. LOLOLOLOL

Highlighted the phrase "OF THE DIVISION" as I don't want to reply to a possible Cyborg comment

I'm looking forward to when the novelty wears off, I'll say that much.

1) The UFC isn't mainstream popular so what kind of popularity are we talking about here?

2) Ronda is the most popular fighter in the UFC judging by how much UFC fans like to talk about her. Hate her or love her because she plays the heel..people are talking about her.

3) Jones is a close 2nd for the same reasons.

then how come she is the co-main event in UFC 175 under Weidman vs Machida?

Remember, her next fight is to defend her belt.

Shes reaching media outlets that were not covering mma and not to mention attracting more fans to the sport.
:icon_conf

No doubt she can sub and KO her opponent now. Only the LW and below and some MW can do the same nowadays consistently finish a match. :icon_chee

No she isn't no matter how hard Dana tries.

No, she is not the most popular fighter in the UFC.

Being known/famous is not the same thing as being popular.

Out of active fighters probably Anderson then here. If GSP was around he'd be #1.
Ronda's dominant, outspoken, can talk smack, talk smart, and has the looks, and is a polarizing figure, so it makes for a big recipe to get your name out there.

During the week of her debut PPV, that's aboot it. The world already forgot about it.

No, she is not the most popular fighter in the UFC.

Being known/famous is not the same thing as being popular.

I would say its close between Ronda and Miesha. I can't really think of any current men as popular. Maybe Machida or Sonnen? People like to watch Jones to cheer against him, but I wouldn't call him popular.

Back