Ronda = most popular fighter in UFC?

Why are you even saying that when the exact post you quoted had Ronda pulling pretty much the exact same numbers as Jones?

really? Jones consisting pulling in 400K+ in all his main cards except for UFC 165 and 172. Plus, he never need to be a co-main for his title fights.

340 is not bad. Still not on the level of jones/silva/gsp/brock like Ronda's nut huggers are claiming

Excactly what level is Jonny Bones on ? Jones headlined 172 and got 10k more buys.

FYI :

UFC 140 Jones vs Machida 480k
UFC 152 Jones vs Belfort 450k
UFC 165 Jones vs Gustaffson 310k

UFC 157 Rousey vs Carmouche 450k

When Jon has an opponent that can hype and sell the fight through the media (Rashad, Rampage & Chael) his numbers are up over 500k, otherwise as great as a fighter as he is he does not seem to be doing more than 500k buys, which is in the same range as Ronda. If the women's 135 division had fighters with the ability to hype and sell fights like Chael, Page and Rashad have, her numbers would be even higher.

really? Jones consisting pulling in 400K+ in all his main cards except for UFC 165 and 172. Plus, he never need to be a co-main for his title fights.

Ronda has pulled 450k. And unlike Jones, she's pretty much carrying fights by herself, as pretty much none of her opponents have much of a name, as opposed to, say, Rampage, Rashad, shogun etc, hell, even Glover was a more intriguing opponent than anyone Ronda has faced.

I'm not saying that she is or isn't the "biggest star of the UFC", but desperately insisting on her NOT being just that, to the point of ridiculing her obsessively (not targeting you in specific here) is just annoying.

Ronda has pulled 450k. And unlike Jones, she's pretty much carrying fights by herself, as pretty much none of her opponents have much of a name, as opposed to, say, Rampage, Rashad, shogun etc, hell, even Glover was a more intriguing opponent than anyone Ronda has faced.

I'm not saying that she is or isn't the "biggest star of the UFC", but desperately insisting on her NOT being just that, to the point of ridiculing her obsessively (not targeting you in specific here) is just annoying.

it's no difference than Ronda's nuthuggers desperately trying to persuade everyone that Ronda is the biggest star on UFC

WTF are you talking about ? People bought 170 to see the Starbucks guy who made Cormier cry. Get your facts straight man. Jeez

If Rousey / Tate 2 wasn't the co-main of 168 , but it was the main event of 170 , in my personal opinion ofc , the card would have over 400k buys.

It is a curious decision to place Ronda in another co-main event slot after she already proved she could pull decent numbers as a main eventer coming back on 8-weeks notice against a largely unknown opponent, on a card that pretty much fell apart due to injury and ended up featuring an unknown barista in the co-main event. The UFC seems to be really feeling some pressure to pull another big number like UFC 168 did.

it's no difference than Ronda's nuthuggers desperately trying to persuade everyone that Ronda is the biggest star on UFC

Oh, sure. It's just that I kinda tend to think that it's more sympathetic trying to talk up someone rather than talk them down.

I, personally, would simply refer to her as "one of the biggest stars/names of the UFC".

She's on the same level as biggest of the the active guys. The currently inactive guys Anderson Silva and GSP - are bigger.

People are so desperate to degrade her it's sad.

Why can't you accept she is here to stay? She has proven herself a lot of times and we can't do anything agaist that. Accept, just it, and move on.

It is a curious decision to place Ronda in another co-main event slot after she already proved she could pull decent numbers as a main eventer coming back on 8-weeks notice against a largely unknown opponent, on a card that pretty much fell apart due to injury and ended up featuring an unknown barista in the co-main event. The UFC seems to be really feeling some pressure to pull another big number like UFC 168 did.

Ronda being the co-main is a fail-safe ( at least that's how I see it )

If Weidman / Machida get injured ( NO GOD , NO ! ) .... Boom , they've got Ronda

If Sonnen / Wandy get injured ( INB4 " YOU FUCKING JINXED IT YOU MORON " ) ... Boom , they've got Ronda

If everyone's healthy *fingers crossed* , they've got UFC 168 numbers as you correctly stated

Heavier weight class always holds higher rank for main events.

Ultimate2008.jpg

Edit- I misread that poster; it's laid out weird lol. Wasn't Nog vs. Mir for the interim title? The HW title picture was really confusing back then.

Also, I already addressed the fact that UFC breaks this format, but Dana himself has said the heavier fights take priority.

Perhaps it does. Perhaps it doesn't. Perhaps one day it will. Perhaps never. Perhaps she'll lose her next fight and will never become champ again.

But fact remains. She has become a fixture in the media and in online MMA communities.

yup this is the truth.

Id add ppv numbers probably arent the ultimate barometer of success.

Ronda has to be one, if not the most popular stars (within the US) the UFc has ever had

And how many other times has it happened ?

Aldo was initially scheduled to headline 169 before the UFC opted to go against their own protocol and have Cruz's return fight as the headliner. But Dana has said it before that the heavier weight class takes precedence in determining which order title fight are presented on PPV.

it's rare to have two championship fights on a card but GSP has headlined two cards with HW title fights as co-mains. That's three times and I'd bet it's happened other times. you can't trust Dana as far as you can throw him, if there are more than one title fight the biggest name is in the main event no matter their size.

Nobody is trying to persuade you of anything. All most are saying is that there is merit to her being the 'biggest star' in the UFC.

Good PPV Numbers: check
Draws website traffic: check
Mainstream media interest: check
Hollywood Interest: check
Solid fanbase: check

What more do you want?

Edit- I misread that poster; it's laid out weird lol. Wasn't Nog vs. Mir for the interim title? The HW title picture was really confusing back then.

Also, I already addressed the fact that UFC breaks this format, but Dana himself has said the heavier fights take priority.

I don't agree with half of your posts, but that poster got me too.

Back