Ronda = most popular fighter in UFC?

Toothless King

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
then how come she is the co-main event in UFC 175 under Weidman vs Machida?

Remember, her next fight is to defend her belt.

She's not even the most popular female

Popular

Haha

She's a joke

She's arguably the most talked about and most sought after (by the media etc.)

Absolutely not. Main and co-main events (and most fights on a card) are in order of importance, not popularity. Ronda's the champion so of course hers will be co-main event. I think in all cards with two title fights they have been in the order of heavier fights being on later and this one is no different.

Heavier weight class always holds higher rank for main events.

She is a joke
And the joke is on you fools who believe she is this world class fighter that ufc is trying to promote her as

Jesus christ. Whether you agree or don't, she is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC. How do I know? Listen to half the MMA media talk about traffic to their site, only a few fighters do it consistently:

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Rousey and Lesnar. Maybe she isn't a big PPV draw, or maybe they just wanted to make the July(?) card stacked (Like everyone keeps asking for). But she is very popular. Media appearances and Hollywood movie deals add to that.

There is more evidence that she is the 'biggest star' than there is against the notion.

She is a joke
And the joke is on you fools who believe she is this world class fighter that ufc is trying to promote her as

Yeah, fuck the Olympics. Fuck her weight class. Fuck her undefeated record full of finishes. Women should just stick to synchronised swimming and pole dancing.

Last edited:
I'd have to look at the numbers but I think she is somewhere from Top 3-5 in ppv draw. With all the new champs, that could be different now however.

Higher weight class = higher on the card. If it was a HW title fight and a MW title fight, HW title fight is automatically ME.

Higher weight class = higher on the card. If it was a HW title fight and a MW title fight, HW title fight is automatically ME.

that's not the point.

the point is if she is so popular, they would give Ronda her own card instead of being the co-main event for a championship fight.

that's not true, just off the top of my head Barao vs Faber headlined 169 when Aldo also defended his title.

She is a joke

I'm not a Rousey fan, and I don't think she is the star of the UFC. But she is definately a world class fighter. Give anyone in the UFC bantom weight woman size and strength and she would destroy most of them besides maybe a few champs. Woman can't reach the same level of strength as men, but she is strong for a woman of her size, and she's got amazing grappling.

the ufc's most popular fighters are Chuck Liddell and Brock Lesnar and chances are that isn't going to change any time soon.

Back