Ronda = most popular fighter in UFC?

Don't get caught up in the UFC hype train. What do you think they mean by "build a fighter up". They do stuff just like this. There are a lot of people out there that are easily manipulated. If they hear "Rhonda is the most popular" then they think "well maybe I should like her too".

Monday morning and we are already knocking out a Ronda hate thread.

I hate to break it to everyone Ronda is too busy riding a tank at Cannes to read this shit thread.

cannes_expendables_840_561_100.JPG

Monday morning and we are already knocking out a Ronda hate thread.

I hate to break it to everyone Ronda is too busy riding a tank at Cannes to read this shit thread.

cannes_expendables_840_561_100.JPG

LOL you type that like it matters. WOW she is riding a tank with a bunch of old men. Kinda nasty when you think of it.

She doesnt deserve to be there. Its a great opportunity that she can use to expand upon. An whether or not it pays dividends we will find out on another day.

She doesnt deserve to be there. Its a great opportunity that she can use to expand upon. An whether or not it pays dividends we will find out on another day.

You are exactly right. Sadly a lot of stuff in this world is not about deserves. These movie company's see the "fruit of the day" and want to put it in their movies.

LOL you type that like it matters. WOW she is riding a tank with a bunch of old men. Kinda nasty when you think of it.
If she's willing to put out to Dana in return for extra praise dont be surprised if she rubs off a few old guys for a tank.

Im personally not a fan but i get asked about her more than any other fighter by coworkers who dont watch fights..... *shrug*

that's not the point.

the point is if she is so popular, they would give Ronda her own card instead of being the co-main event for a championship fight.

She can carry her own card. But this is the second biggest weekend of the year for ufc (july 4th weekend).

They want to kick the crap out of PPV numbers. She's unquestionably in the top 5 as far as draws based on my regular frequenting of the sports bar. Probably top three.

You have to remember that while Davis is elite and can push Rousey, nobody but the hardcores know anything about her besides her ufc fights.

She can carry her own card. But this is the second biggest weekend of the year for ufc (july 4th weekend).

They want to kick the crap out of PPV numbers. She's unquestionably in the top 5 as far as draws based on my regular frequenting of the sports bar. Probably top three.

You have to remember that while Davis is elite and can push Rousey, nobody but the hardcores know anything about her besides her ufc fights.

you are joking, right?

UFC 157 - first woman UFC event ever
UFC 168 - co-main under Silva/Weidman
UFC 170 - shitty card because she was the main

the hype train is over since UFC 157

She is a joke
And the joke is on you fools who believe she is this world class fighter that ufc is trying to promote her as

if rousey is a joke and she isn't a world class fighter with her ufc belt and olympic medal in judo, what qualifies as a world class fighter? a glorified amateur high school wrestler like tate?

it's okay if you're not a rousey fan, but at least, separate your emotions from reality. the reality is rousey is the ufc champ for a reason and she's earned the title by defeating her opponents whether you think it's a joke or not.

Most popular active fighter? No. Jones still wins that one.

Most popular including inactive fighters? Still no. GSP has that one on lock for years to come.

If popularity means how much people talk about her, then definitely.

To all this 'hater' go to any mma gym and you'll see that people that actually train and know about mma are interested on Ronda, she may not be the biggest draw, but she's well known for her abilities and no mma fan want to miss her fights

Jesus christ. Whether you agree or don't, she is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC. How do I know? Listen to half the MMA media talk about traffic to their site, only a few fighters do it consistently:

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Rousey and Lesnar. Maybe she isn't a big PPV draw, or maybe they just wanted to make the July(?) card stacked (Like everyone keeps asking for). But she is very popular. Media appearances and Hollywood movie deals add to that.

There is more evidence that she is the 'biggest star' than there is against the notion.

Yeah, fuck the Olympics. Fuck her weight class. Fuck her undefeated record full of finishes. Women should just stick to synchronised swimming and pole dancing.

She sucks, plain and simple.

that's not the point.

the point is if she is so popular, they would give Ronda her own card instead of being the co-main event for a championship fight.

Ronday reportedly asked the UFC to book her in another fight so they went with Davis since CZ is not ready. Perhaps Ronda (or the UFC brass) are hoping to get the CZ fight out of the way on the 178 or 179 card to open the possibility of Rousey vs Carano on Super Bowl weekend.

Ronda may also have obligations to fulfill over the summer (like the Expendables 3 premiere in August) which could play a factor in why they chose to put that fight on the July 4th card.

that's not true, just off the top of my head Barao vs Faber headlined 169 when Aldo also defended his title.

And how many other times has it happened ?

Aldo was initially scheduled to headline 169 before the UFC opted to go against their own protocol and have Cruz's return fight as the headliner. But Dana has said it before that the heavier weight class takes precedence in determining which order title fight are presented on PPV.

bahaha the tears of Rousey haters get more delicious by the day.

You guys are so cute.

I'm not a fan of Ronda but the fact that there's a thread about her every other day does say something about sherdogers' obsession with her. Which plays right into her and Dana white's hands.

at your workplace, ask everybody if they have heard of weidman, machida, and ronda. I bet ronda gets the most acknowledgement. espn really helped her reach a chuck/ gsp level

Back