Ronda - "I'm going to give you the most devastating loss you've ever seen"

This is her fault, how?

Maybe she should be unskilled, like the rest of the girls.. would Sherdog like her then?

Never suggested it was her fault or that there is even fault in it. It's just a fact. If the UFC started up a midget division and they had mediocre skillsets I wouldn't be too excited about them either. Would that make me sizeist, because I didn't happily accept the king midget into GOAT discussion?

When all is said and done, Ronda's skillset has one solid area and the rest of it is... Meh. That makes her a fighter I might be interested in, but it wouldn't make me put her into GOAT discussion - which is precisely what is thrust at us. Frankly, it puts me off of an otherwise serviceable fighter. It's not a women's rights issue, if you consider it sexist you're stretching and, simply put, I treat her like I treat male fighters - I judge them by their skills and, to a lesser degree, personality. Based on this judgement, I find her *horrifically* overrated. If that's sexism to you, you might be a wee bit overly sensitive about it.

Says anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant - check.
States anyone who has a negative position on Rousey holds the position of "men are better than women" - check.
Implies that people take "no effort" to discredit Rousey, further implying that their disliking her is based on misogyny - check.

So, you've come in, accused sexism, implied anyone who doesn't think Rousey is just so bloody wonderful is sexist, and repeatedly express your incredulity at anyone who doesn't think Rousey is just such a wonderful fighter, suggesting they are outdated in their thinking. Are you a feminist by any chance? Because you *sure* argue like one.

Some of us just think she's a sideshow fighting weak competition. Just watching a fight will show you a clinic in bad footwork, looping punches, with mid to high end ground games. Simply put, the competition in her division is a decade behind the men's division. Some of us aren't so inclined to show her overwhelming respect for competing against that that as we don't feel she has earned it compared to other champs. She's a great Judoka fighting mediocre fighters and her general game is still rudimentary but rapidly improving - I look forward to her potential in the future, and the potential for the whole division. If that's sexism to you, well, I guess there are a lot of sexists around here who wholly believe in equality.

Its not a decade behind the mens "division" That's absurd.

Look at the HW division.

ko-4.gif

Ronda just makes her opponents looks like amateurs the same way Jon Jones can make legends like Shogun look like children with no training.

Well considering "Betche" is undefeated, a boring decision would be the "most devastating" so far, wouldn't it?

All good, not close to "living death". That's all right, it's not a debating contest anyway...

This. The "you've ever seen" part makes it funny because no one has ever seen Corriea lose a professional fight. Ah....semantics.

Jarl

The fuck are you talking about?

This is what she said:

"I'm going to give you the best women's title fight you've ever seen and the most devastating loss you've ever seen from Betche, and my best win."

It wasn't a mess-up or blunder of any sort - the sentence didn't end after "loss" and she wasn't accidentally or otherwise referring to herself.

The most devastating aye? Thats not saying much, Correia has never lost

Lol at Ronda being insecure. Just lol.

What a ridiculous claim. Shes not insecure.

Shes the best WMMA fighter of all time. A self made millionaire. An actor. And on the cover of magazines. A female idol.

Look at the HW division.

ko-4.gif

Ronda just makes her opponents looks like amateurs the same way Jon Jones can make legends like Shogun look like children with no training.

A few factors to consider here.

First, you cherry pick what is widely considered to be the least skilled division in the UFC, a collection of B level athletes who couldn't make it into other sports. This is a division that not so long ago had a guy who worked full time as an engineer competing for the belt against a WWE superstar who couldn't take a punch. That engineer had a host of first round knockouts and devastating early wins - again, in what is widely considered to be the least skilled division in the UFC. Go figure, no one ever said "look, it's the GOAT!" - which is precisely what they do with Ronda. Gag.

Second, you cherry pick pictures of a fighter who is A) barely relevant any more, and B) has been fighting for roughly 14 years. You know how I said "10 years behind the men's division"? Isn't it interesting that you choose a fighter from even before that... A guy who has stiff footwork, looping punches, and go figure, has never been in the GOAT discussion.

Ask yourself - when is the last time a HW was in the discussion for GOAT? A Fedor based on performances from PRIDE? There is a reason for that. The HW division has a few standouts, but for the most part, it's a division of guys who look slow and sloppy compared to each and every single weight class beneath them. In short, it's the least skilled division by a longshot - unless you count the women division which is even worse.

You cherry pick pictures of a 14 year veteran who is not a gatekeeper in the least skilled division to say "See? YOU SHOULD THINK RONDA IS THE BEST TOO!" Actually, she has a lot in common with Frank... Good ground game, mediocre everything else. I find putting either one into a GOAT discussion offensive to far more skilled fighters.

The Jon Jones comparison is just.... Sad.

Don't worry Bethe, if Herb Dean is reffing all you have to do is appear slightly wobbled for more than .1 seconds and he'll be sure to step in to protect the UFC's investment, I mean step in for your safety

Hahaha, hilarious, but I fully agree.

Fuck early stoppages, let Ronda beat her into a living death.

Look at the HW division.
As your example you are showing what is considered one of the worst punches in UFC history. The HW division sucks - but that ridiculous punch is not why.

But even the HW division cannot possibly be compared the WMMA. WMMA has no depth like Werdum, Cain, Stipe, JDS, Overeem, Andrei. Hell even Ben Rothwell is much more well rounded than any WMMA fighter but Ronda.

And 10 years back you had Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Barnett, Randy etc. Again many years beyond WMMA.

WMMA is literally two decades behind.

They are approved and assigned by the local athletic commissions, just like boxing refs. They are paid by the commission via fees charged to the promoter. The commission assigns them to the individual fights. The commission also reviews their performance and handles any disciplinary actions. Not employees.

Jesus christ boys and girls, if Herb was given a sack of cash, do you think anyone would admit it? Perhaps years from now, but cmon, no one knows.

A few factors to consider here.

First, you cherry pick what is widely considered to be the least skilled division in the UFC, a collection of B level athletes who couldn't make it into other sports. This is a division that not so long ago had a guy who worked full time as an engineer competing for the belt against a WWE superstar who couldn't take a punch. That engineer had a host of first round knockouts and devastating early wins - again, in what is widely considered to be the least skilled division in the UFC. Go figure, no one ever said "look, it's the GOAT!" - which is precisely what they do with Ronda. Gag.

Second, you cherry pick pictures of a fighter who is A) barely relevant any more, and B) has been fighting for roughly 14 years. You know how I said "10 years behind the men's division"? Isn't it interesting that you choose a fighter from even before that... A guy who has stiff footwork, looping punches, and go figure, has never been in the GOAT discussion.

Ask yourself - when is the last time a HW was in the discussion for GOAT? A Fedor based on performances from PRIDE? There is a reason for that. The HW division has a few standouts, but for the most part, it's a division of guys who look slow and sloppy compared to each and every single weight class beneath them. In short, it's the least skilled division by a longshot - unless you count the women division which is even worse.

You cherry pick pictures of a 14 year veteran who is not a gatekeeper in the least skilled division to say "See? YOU SHOULD THINK RONDA IS THE BEST TOO!" Actually, she has a lot in common with Frank... Good ground game, mediocre everything else. I find putting either one into a GOAT discussion offensive to far more skilled fighters.

The Jon Jones comparison is just.... Sad.

Umm you said. The "Mens division"

There are several mens divisions, and the HWs are by far the least athletic, more so than the womans division.

Frank Mir is ranked #10

The Jon Jones analogy is perfectly accurate

Jon Jones did to do Shogun what Ronda does to her opponents

The gap in skill is that great.

As your example you are showing what is considered one of the worst punches in UFC history. The HW division sucks - but that ridiculous punch is not why.

But even the HW division cannot possibly be compared the WMMA. WMMA has no depth like Werdum, Cain, Stipe, JDS, Overeem, Andrei. Hell even Ben Rothwell is much more well rounded than any WMMA fighter but Ronda.

And 10 years back you had Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Barnett, Randy etc. Again many years beyond WMMA.

WMMA is literally two decades behind.

"The HW division sucks"

Most of these guys suck compared to their lower weight class counterparts.

Most of the guys you mention from 10 years ago were in an organization with predetermined outcomes. Thats not a credible reference, look what happened when they entered sanctioned organizations.

Also Bethe is undefeated... so no matter what the loss looks like it'll be the most devastating she's ever experienced....

Well considering "Betche" is undefeated, a boring decision would be the "most devastating" so far, wouldn't it?

All good, not close to "living death". That's all right, it's not a debating contest anyway...

She's talking ABOUT Betche... but she's talking TOO the audience. She's going to show them the most devastating loss they've ever seen.

If Ronda ever does not finish someone but wins every minute of the fight the forum is going to blow up and say Ronda almost lost.

"The HW division sucks"

Most of these guys suck compared to their lower weight class counterparts.

Most of the guys you mention from 10 years ago were in an organization with predetermined outcomes. Thats not a credible reference, look what happened when they entered sanctioned organizations.
LOL. Taking pages from Fail Sonnen eh? :D

Those fighters did just fine after the UFC/Pride merger. Almost all UFC fighters of the pre-merger era became irrelevant quickly, while Pride guys are still clogging top 10 rankings today.

It was newer younger fighters who displaced and were superior to the Pride guys, not the UFC fighters of the merger era.

Can't believe I'm being dragged into a Pride vs UFC debate in 2015 of all things. Sheesh.

Anyway, you seem to have conceded that Pride HWs of 2005 were far superior to modern woman's MMA. WMMA is multiple decades behind men's, not just one decade.

Back