Ronda - "I'm going to give you the most devastating loss you've ever seen"

Don't worry Bethe, if Herb Dean is reffing all you have to do is appear slightly wobbled for more than .1 seconds and he'll be sure to step in to protect the UFC's investment, I mean step in for your safety

How many times do people have to be told...THE REFS DO NOT WORK FOR THE UFC..NOT UFC EMPLOYEES

Are you sure on this? Do you have a source?
The refs work for the athletic commissions that work with the UFC, I'm pretty sure. It would look dodgy as fuck if Dana had control of the referees. Also, Dana has said that he wishes he could control which refs can ref fights, as he did not think Mazzagatti was "qualified to even watch the sport on TV".

Are you sure on this? Do you have a source?

They are approved and assigned by the local athletic commissions, just like boxing refs. They are paid by the commission via fees charged to the promoter. The commission assigns them to the individual fights. The commission also reviews their performance and handles any disciplinary actions. Not employees.

They are approved and assigned by the local athletic commissions, just like boxing refs. They are paid by the commission via fees charged to the promoter. The commission assigns them to the individual fights. The commission also reviews their performance and handles any disciplinary actions. Not employees.
Better explanation than mine, cheers.

Still no source. These guys are Dana's flunkies, I'm positive

Have you see John McCarthy reffing a Bellator fight or WEC previously? How would Dana let them work for competitors. There's some proof for you.

Sherdog will hate on Rousey for any reason imaginable. If they can't find one, they will make one up.

I agree they really do. I have some people I really enjoy chatting with on here. Possibly made a friendship but seriously when I respond to most "ignorant" or outright stupid comments by others I imagine they look like that disgusting pimple filled neckbeard that everyone makes the memes out of.

You know the one. I imagine that is what they look like (even though I know that isn't true) it's simply amazing that in this day, this time of human history that there are guys (I hesitate to call them Men. ) that completely buy into the Men are better than Women bullshit. The thing is it permeates their lives and then they feel a need to share it with others hoping to find more of their own ilk.

Ronda does not decimate the opponents because they are so bad and she is so good. She beats them because of how she was raised by her mother and I can only imagine how tough she needed to be to be her daughter. Most of the other female fighters never had anything like that. That IS Rousey's betting X-Factor. Since we live in the Social Media Era (this has lasted longer than the Machida era unfortunately :icon_sad: ) it is common to find out details of celebrities lives. No other female fighter had anything close.

It's easy to dispel her accomplishments because it takes no effort and reinforces a negative stereotype but it also is just as easy to understand this sport and the fact they give almost ZERO effort to doing so does not make me inclined to even appreciate the fact they have an opinion. It's no fun talking to dummies. But there is hope. There are many, many truly decent guys, gals, fighters, trainers, people involved with the sport, and fans that post here on Sherdog. And Rousey has a fight tomorrow. Sometimes it is worth wading through the large obscene amount of bullshit trollish posts here to get to the good ones to have a decent discussion.

I agree they really do. I have some people I really enjoy chatting with on here. Possibly made a friendship but seriously when I respond to most "ignorant" or outright stupid comments by others I imagine they look like that disgusting pimple filled neckbeard that everyone makes the memes out of.

You know the one. I imagine that is what they look like (even though I know that isn't true) it's simply amazing that in this day, this time of human history that there are guys (I hesitate to call them Men. ) that completely buy into the Men are better than Women bullshit. The thing is it permeates their lives and then they feel a need to share it with others hoping to find more of their own ilk.

Ronda does not decimate the opponents because they are so bad and she is so good. She beats them because of how she was raised by her mother and I can only imagine how tough she needed to be to be her daughter. Most of the other female fighters never had anything like that. That IS Rousey's betting X-Factor. Since we live in the Social Media Era (this has lasted longer than the Machida era unfortunately :icon_sad: ) it is common to find out details of celebrities lives. No other female fighter had anything close.

It's easy to dispel her accomplishments because it takes no effort and reinforces a negative stereotype but it also is just as easy to understand this sport and the fact they give almost ZERO effort to doing so does not make me inclined to even appreciate the fact they have an opinion. It's no fun talking to dummies. But there is hope. There are many, many truly decent guys, gals, fighters, trainers, people involved with the sport, and fans that post here on Sherdog. And Rousey has a fight tomorrow. Sometimes it is worth wading through the large obscene amount of bullshit trollish posts here to get to the good ones to have a decent discussion.

Says anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant - check.
States anyone who has a negative position on Rousey holds the position of "men are better than women" - check.
Implies that people take "no effort" to discredit Rousey, further implying that their disliking her is based on misogyny - check.

So, you've come in, accused sexism, implied anyone who doesn't think Rousey is just so bloody wonderful is sexist, and repeatedly express your incredulity at anyone who doesn't think Rousey is just such a wonderful fighter, suggesting they are outdated in their thinking. Are you a feminist by any chance? Because you *sure* argue like one.

Some of us just think she's a sideshow fighting weak competition. Just watching a fight will show you a clinic in bad footwork, looping punches, with mid to high end ground games. Simply put, the competition in her division is a decade behind the men's division. Some of us aren't so inclined to show her overwhelming respect for competing against that that as we don't feel she has earned it compared to other champs. She's a great Judoka fighting mediocre fighters and her general game is still rudimentary but rapidly improving - I look forward to her potential in the future, and the potential for the whole division. If that's sexism to you, well, I guess there are a lot of sexists around here who wholly believe in equality.

Wow...Ronda saying she is going to win by arm bar. How original of her.

Considering the death of Rowdy Roddy Piper, I think Shedor is going to be motivated to annihilate this Brazilian wannabe. That Bethe is dead meat.

[Yt]ozwxBSdpZwc[/MEDIA]

To be fair, she's a can crusher in a division that is 10 years or more behind in its skill level. I can understand why many don't like her.

This is her fault, how?

Maybe she should be unskilled, like the rest of the girls.. would Sherdog like her then?

But she's undefeated

I thought Ronda meant it will be the most devastating loss we've ever seen as in worse than when Cain beat JDS or Jon beat Shogun. The person losing will just happen to be Bethe.

I hope she's not distracted now because of her idol dying.

Bethe is in for a beating.

Ronda might actually snap her arm clean in half. Getting in her face like that during the weigh in was not a wise decision.

Some of us just think she's a sideshow fighting weak competition. ... Simply put, the competition in her division is a decade behind the men's division.
Great post.

On this part though, saying it's a decade behind is being VERY generous...2005 Pride was far, far beyond the modern women's division. WMMA is circa 1995 with the exception of Ronda, who is basically Rickson with striking.

Except WMMA doesn't even have the dominant one-dimensional wrestlers, like mid 90's MMA had.
Considering the death of Rowdy Roddy Piper, I think Shedor is going to be motivated to annihilate this Brazilian wannabe. That Bethe is dead meat.
Oh damn. Didn't know about Piper. A piece of my childhood just died :icon_sad:

Back