Ronda Critics Ignore Fedor's Wild & Crude Striking. LOL.

It hurts when people compare fedors striking to rhonda. God people are dumb, I wish you could tick mark all the dumb people in this thread.

Never go full retard

I'm not calling Fedor the most technical fighter or anything, but I just think that the comparison with R3 is absurd. He is unorthodox, but there is definitely a shit ton of technique in his striking (as others have said though, it kind of slipped a bit in his later fighters)

Women catch more flack because they consistently display the worst fight iq, and terrible to non-existent technique. I mean, how many girls in the 135 even use kicks? Elbows? It's just a lot of bull rushing and throwing fists of fury.
Don't get me wrong--you can find bad technqiue with the males as well (like how the jab is criminally under utilized by a vast majority of fighters) but it's on another level with the females.
When the champion is able to take out a girl in the manner that she took out Bethe, that's going to bring up some scrutiny.
Just compare R3's finish of Bethe, to JJ's last 2 finishes. It's a night and day difference.

I've seen terrible technique consistently displayed by the HW's as well. On top of extremely poor conditioning. Hell some of them are borderline obese.

Plus, defense is much easier in boxing with such huge boxing gloves. Floyd would be a joke in a real fight without huge gloves to pad his face.

Any fool can keep their hands high in a boxing match where your only worry is defending a punch from a dude with huge gloves.

Trolling, maybe? Have you seen Mayweather fight, ever? Are you really dumb enough to not be able to recognize head movement, footwork, or world-class athleticism and speed? (Three things Ronda coincidentally lacks)

Dur dur durr durr, thats what my head processed as reading the op post.

You do know that noone smokes pcp anymore?

meh youll get flamed TS.

but Bethe was as much as a contender as Herring was when he fought Fedor.

pfft ranked #3 in the world at one time.

When fighting Fedor, Heath had already beaten guys like Evan Tanner, Bob Schrieber, Tom Erikson, Enson Inoue, Mark Kerr, Igor Vovchanchyn and had very close fights with Vitor (should have won) and #1 HW Nogueria,

To suggest Fedor’s win over Heath Herring is equivalent to Rhonda’s win over Bethe is revisionist history at its most deluded, or simple ignorance.

Bethe best win is .... an SD over retiring Julie Kedzie?

Please.

When fighting Fedor, Heath had already beaten guys like Evan Tanner, Bob Schrieber, Tom Erikson, Enson Inoue, Mark Kerr, Igor Vovchanchyn and had very close fights with Vitor (should have won) and #1 HW Nogueria,

To suggest Fedor’s win over Heath Herring is equivalent to Rhonda’s win over Bethe is revisionist history at its most deluded, or simple ignorance.

Bethe best win is .... an SD over retiring Julie Kedzie?

Please.

Just look at the match we just saw, Bethe got KOed in 30 secs, Herring withstood a near 10 min beatdown vs Fedor and went 20 mins grappling with Nog without being subbed. The reality is that Heath in 2002 was at a level no woman at 135lbs besides Ronda is anything close to.

if your looking for a male version of Rousey I would say that Pride actually gives a very good one, Ryan Gracie. Good high level grappling and aggressive but limited striking that finishes lower level opponents.

Last edited:
Fedor can't strike? Standing in there with a prime Cro cop and going toe to toe but can't strike? what the fuck is this?

Why the comparisons between Honda and Fedor? It's absolutely ridiculous.

TS has no clue what he's talking about

I love when Fedor bash threads turn into Fedor love threads

fedor-chair.jpg

I've seen terrible technique consistently displayed by the HW's as well. On top of extremely poor conditioning. Hell some of them are borderline obese.

Depends on which HW's doesn't it, Fedor's rep isn't based on beating Zulu is it? although he did so quicker than Ronda without swinging and mostly missing for 30 secs with no thought to defence.

Again I think a big issue is that the HW division during the mid 00's was a great division for great technical striking, also I'd mention it was a great division for high level chins. Just look at the way Nog went from a guy not known for his power to knocking down the likes of Randy, Schaub and Mir even though he was on the decline.

LOL at people comparing Fedor's striking to Ronda's

Fedor's striking is ten time more refined, just because it's not conventionnal by Western's boxing standards doesn't mean it's not technical..
He used to be the most elusive MMA fighter for years, above Anderson and Machida and outstruck all his opponents pre Rogers before he started to brawl it out and rely on God to decide who wins the brawl..

Not bad for someone wild and crude..

You know a poster is insecure on their stance when they keep having to type "lol" after important statements.

Alright I'll bite.

If you want to use Fedor vs Tim Sylvia as an example, one big difference is that Fedor maintains good balance throughout that flurry. Just because he's not keeping a tight guard while swinging doesn't mean all technique went out the window. He's keeping his feet under him, which allows him to capitalize as soon as Tim Sylvia hits the ground.

Fedor did sometimes fling himself at his opponents towards the end of his career, but that doesn't really define his punching.

Ronda was so determined to knock Bethe out that she lost her balance throwing her first 1,2 combination. She basically flies past Bethe and has to switch stance to stop her momentum. This is very different from the way Fedor threw punches against Tim Sylvia, for example.

But good strikers do sometimes extend themselves too far. It's just a matter of knowing when to do it. You can allow yourself to get off balance if the opponent isn't in a position to counter you. But Bethe easily sidestepped to her left and was in a good position to counter Ronda.

And then there's just the efficiency and the punching mechanics. You see it when Bethe gets taken down and rolls backward to end up back on her feet. Ronda tries to catch her with an uppercut as Bethe stands up and it's just not a very technical punch. It's not wild, it just doesn't look very efficient and hard.

Also if you look at head movement and how often Ronda moves her head of the center when she throws, I think you'll find that Fedor has her beat at that too. After the initial exchange, Ronda finds her balance and cools down a bit, throwing more technical strikes. But there's not a lot of head movement and she runs straight into a stiff jab in an attempt to land her own. She throws some powerful overhand rights and right hooks, but where Fedor was usually able to roll with incoming punches after throwing a bomb, Ronda is very vulnerable to being countered if she misses with her right hand at close range. This makes Fedor's apparent lack of defense a bit deceptive, whereas Ronda's defense is weak.

Maybe Ronda could have fought more technically. Fedor became a brawler because of his inhuman confidence in his power and ability to evade or survive incoming shots. Ronda may have chosen to brawl in this match simply because she knew her own power was much better than Bethe's. It's possible she didn't fight safe because she just wanted a fast and brutal knockout and felt there was very little risk in brawling. So I'm not going to say that this was the best she can do. Maybe she can do better against a striker she respects more.

Great post.

Gosh, fans need to research a bit, even if they're casuals, look into MMA a bit deeper, haha. Anyone not jn the know might look at a Sambo guy like (Fedor, his bro Alex, or Igor) and think they're striking is "funny" at times, in your case you think it was wild and crude. There's the whip, and the casting, those are the two most famous Sambo punches. In MMA, iirc, they rose to prominence with Igor first, then Fedor and his brother Alex. If you ever start training, look those strikes up, they fuck up everybody, even the pros; that's why Khabib throws them too, everybody knows they work. For some reason, it overwhelms fuckers, especially if you have a deep move set standing and on the ground like Fedor did.

How are you not banned for hard fighter bashing? Not even dubs?

Back