Ronda Critics Ignore Fedor's Wild & Crude Striking. LOL.

Yeah check out Fedor missing 1-2 punches in a 8 part combo while going backwards and forwards
FedorSylviaGif3.gif

drop_big.gif

Well, it's very hard to miss your opponent when he's standing right in front of you and not even trying to move at all. At least Bethe tried to move away from Ronda when she was running after her with strikes, lol.

Yes Fedor'a striking was indeed horribl..........y effective.

Go away TS.

Anyone saying Ronda would beat Floyd Mayweather is blinded by the hype.

Ronda rushes forward and tries to clinch, Mayweather does what he always does and uses lateral movement then counter punches Ronda. Game over. 2-3 punches.

Women aren't designed to take punches off of men, let alone unbeaten world champions for Christ sake.

This is getting silly.

It's embarrassing that people posting on an MMA forum could think Fedor had bad striking.

The point people are making is that Fedor's striking was unorthodox, and technically awful. A pro-boxer would laugh at Fedor's technique. However, it got the job done. Ronda is no different(at least in the Bethe fight).

Nobody is saying Fedor's striking was bad, just technically very sloppy.

Then again, why is anyone trying to reason with Fedor fans? It's impossible.

In terms of striking I would say the HW division in Fedor's era is arguably the most technically advanced we've yet seen in MMA. Fedor, Crocop, Sergei, Semmy, Hunt, Sergei, Arlovski, heck even Nog was an excellent boxer by MMA standards at the point.

I don't agree with that. It had probably the highest percentage of fighters that could compete in kickboxing at the same time (although I'm not educated enough about that competition for the smaller guys of today, so I my assessment there might be flawed, and MMA striking has also evolved more as it's own thing as well), but the most technical smaller guys of today outshine them by significant margin in my view.

Even the best kickboxer of the bunch, Schilt, was hardly a technical marvel. He was effective maily because he could use his size well. Nothing wrong with that in itself, it's about winning, but this discussion has a different context.

Anyone trying to argue Fedor technique wasn't bad is just being biased. Obviously it worked for him and that's all that matters. Same could be said for Rhonda. She's finished two people standing now. One with knees to the liver and now with a punch. Say what you want about her striking but it's working for her. Make fun of her competition if you want but lets not pretend HW is filled with highly technical killers and Fedor fought plenty of unworthy opponents in his day.

Fedor got wild when he got older,he was better prior to tim sylvia fight

Anyone trying to argue Fedor technique wasn't bad is just being biased. Obviously it worked for him and that's all that matters. Same could be said for Rhonda. She's finished two people standing now. One with knees to the liver and now with a punch. Say what you want about her striking but it's working for her. Make fun of her competition if you want but lets not pretend HW is filled with highly technical killers and Fedor fought plenty of unworthy opponents in his day.

I don't expect, or need to see perfect boxing or kickboxing technique in an MMA fight. I know that the strikes can and will look different depending on the fighter, and what they blend their striking in with. Fedor, and Ronda (to an extent) have been able to use some effective striking to set up judo and sambo throws/trips.
But that blitz that Ronda did against Bethe was shite. It wouldnt of worked on a competent opponent. Ronda has knocked out 2 people.
Fedor has knocked out world class strikers.

I don't expect, or need to see perfect boxing or kickboxing technique in an MMA fight. I know that the strikes can and will look different depending on the fighter, and what they blend their striking in with. Fedor, and Ronda (to an extent) have been able to use some effective striking to set up judo and sambo throws/trips.
But that blitz that Ronda did against Bethe was shite. It wouldnt of worked on a competent opponent. Ronda has knocked out 2 people.
Fedor has knocked out world class strikers.

Yep I agree with everything you said. There are plenty of things I can find on Fedor where he uses poor technique as well. For instance when he's mounted by bigfoot. He wasn't even doing basic escape techniques and looked like a fish out of water. Hell I can go through the HW division and point out tons and tons of sloppy technique. Yet women are the only one catching flack for it.

You can't compare Fedor vs AA or Rogers or Hendo to what he used to be. Go watch him in Pride to see his technique. I'm a huge Fedor fan but I will agree that towards the end he just kind of went in there and thew haymakers.

Fedor is a better striker than Ronda btw. Fedor took apart some of the top guys out there who were excellent strikers. Ronda took out a flailing Bethe.

I will give Ronda credit in that her overall striking and her overall game is improving a lot though. Just don't tell her or Edmond that she can't even hit the pads though. You'll end up getting into a fight.

I don't think she should be harshly criticized for it, more like the TS should for trying to make an ignorant false equation. Fedor's "sloppiness" pretty sound technically, while Ronda acted like a novice saturday night, she was making some of the worst and greenest beginner mistakes. If she was a guy doing that same stuff she'd be GIF'd into oblivion with a soiled rep

Yep I agree with everything you said. There are plenty of things I can find on Fedor where he uses poor technique as well. For instance when he's mounted by bigfoot. He wasn't even doing basic escape techniques and looked like a fish out of water. Hell I can go through the HW division and point out tons and tons of sloppy technique. Yet women are the only one catching flack for it.

I'm not calling Fedor the most technical fighter or anything, but I just think that the comparison with R3 is absurd. He is unorthodox, but there is definitely a shit ton of technique in his striking (as others have said though, it kind of slipped a bit in his later fighters)

Women catch more flack because they consistently display the worst fight iq, and terrible to non-existent technique. I mean, how many girls in the 135 even use kicks? Elbows? It's just a lot of bull rushing and throwing fists of fury.
Don't get me wrong--you can find bad technqiue with the males as well (like how the jab is criminally under utilized by a vast majority of fighters) but it's on another level with the females.
When the champion is able to take out a girl in the manner that she took out Bethe, that's going to bring up some scrutiny.
Just compare R3's finish of Bethe, to JJ's last 2 finishes. It's a night and day difference.

A pro-boxer would laugh at Fedor's technique.

Are you sure about that? Fedor is Tyson's favorite fighter ever. And guys like Hoost, Mirko, Semmy sure as hell weren't laughing at Fedor's technique. Now if boxers think they know more about striking than world-class kickboxers, then why would we care about their opinions anyway?

Nobody who knows anything about combat sports laughs at Fedor's striking technique.

Also, boxers did and do not laugh at Fedor's technique. It's cleaner than a lot of their brawlers. That was a dumb assumption by the TS or someone else in this thread.

Freddie Roach said he thought Fedor had great striking skills, but only mentioned that he thought he could improve the tactical use of Fedor's left hand.

For a kickboxer, Fedor had absolutely sweet technique

For a boxer (which he wasn't) Fedor still had admirable technique and skillset

------

If Ronda was a guy, she'd be laughed out of town by boxers on her overall honeybooboo flailing technique (there were a few decent punches mixed in). That was horrible, but I'm not the one laughing. I just am comparing because that's the function of this thread

Fedor's striking held up to fighters like Cro Cop, Semmy Schilt, Arlovski and Big Nog. Rousey's has held up to ... Sara McMann and Betche Correia?

Back