Ronda and Holly Height discrepancy

Holm is taller according to the numbers, too. Around an inch. During a fight, you are given a bunch of angles with the fighters in motion and in a fighting stance. Not the best for making a determination of their relative height. Certainly not good enough to discern the exact difference in height.
Yes. It is good enough as after a few exhanges and angles you can notice (if you're not blind) a difference. Holly is clearly a couple of inches taller than Ronda.

Yes. It is good enough as after a few exhanges and angles you can notice (if you're not blind) a difference. Holly is clearly a couple of inches taller than Ronda.
It's not good enough to see the difference between an inch and a couple of inches, no. Agree to disagree I guess.

It's not good enough to see the difference between an inch and a couple of inches, no. Agree to disagree I guess.
There's more evidence in both photo and video form that she is a coupke of inches taller than their is evidence she isn't but yeah sure, I guess we both have our opinions.

There's more evidence in both photo and video form that she is a coupke of inches taller than their is evidence she isn't but yeah sure, I guess we both have our opinions.
I don't trust your opinion. And that's what it amounts to: an opinion, not actual "evidence." The actual evidence is that they were measured at those heights. I might say that Ronda is a weak 5'7" and Holm is a solid 5'8" but that's about it. The only way to directly compare two people that close in height and tease out the exact difference is to either measure or have them stand back to back. Watching them in motion where they never have the same stance has obviously proved beyond many people in this thread. Some people are acting like there is up to a four inch difference. lol

I don't trust your opinion. And that's what it amounts to: an opinion, not actual "evidence." The actual evidence is that they were measured at those heights. I might say that Ronda is a weak 5'7" and Holm is a solid 5'8" but that's about it. The only way to directly compare two people that close in height and tease out the exact difference is to either measure or have them stand back to back. Watching them in motion where they never have the same stance has obviously proved beyond many people in this thread. Some people are acting like there is up to a four inch difference. lol

Ronda used to be listed as 5'6 and looks shorter than Tate face to face, I don't see why you'd be so dead set on insisting she is really 5'7.

The UFC's word is not gospel.

Ronda used to be listed as 5'6 and looks shorter than Tate face to face, I don't see why you'd be so dead set on insisting she is really 5'7.

The UFC's word is not gospel.
I don't think you can make that determination on the basis of fight footage and face offs, etc. She might be 5'6.75" or something, or even 5'6.5" and it gets rounded up. LIke I said, a "weak" 5'7".

Last edited:
I don't think you can make that determination on the basis of fight footage and face offs, etc.

I'm not basing it on fights or weigh ins, there was a set of promo pictures from the Strikeforce days where they were nose to nose and Tate clearly looked taller (not much taller, but taller) from multiple angles. Miesha herself claims to be 5'6, she may be 5'6 1/2 but Ronda is 99% in my mind not 5'7.

Again, why the strong faith in UFC measurements over Strikeforce's etc? They have made terrible mistakes before (Amanda Nunes listed as 5'5, Carwin as mentioned), and I really really wouldn't put it past them to exaggerate certain fighters' height by an inch. Faber is clearly shorter than Frankie and listed as 5'6.

After Rewatching Holly vs Ronda I noticed there is no way the "Tale of the Tape" was accurate. It listed Ronda at 5'7" and Holly at 5'8". Here is a decent pic of the stare down inside the cage...

1447795702598.jpg

So one of them has to be listed incorrectly...or am I crazy?
Height ???? Pretty sure Ronda has a bigger cock though .

I'm not basing it on fights or weigh ins, there was a set of promo pictures from the Strikeforce days where they were nose to nose and Tate clearly looked taller (not much taller, but taller) from multiple angles. Miesha herself claims to be 5'6, she may be 5'6 1/2 but Ronda is 99% in my mind not 5'7.

Again, why the strong faith in UFC measurements over Strikeforce's etc? They have made terrible mistakes before (Amanda Nunes listed as 5'5, Carwin as mentioned), and I really really wouldn't put it past them to exaggerate certain fighters' height by an inch. Faber is clearly shorter than Frankie and listed as 5'6.
They might be the same height. I don't think Miesha is taller. It could be that Ronda's height is rounded up unjustly but that only puts the difference between her and Holly at 2 inches or less. Maybe the odd one out is actually Miesha and she's 5'6.5" or even taller. I've seen Miesha listed at 5'7" as well.

I don't have strong faith in them; I do think they actually measure them at least ideally unlike some people, and it's better to go off of that than subjective determinations based on less than ideal pics. I see people putting up pics that obviously suffer from poor perspective and posture as if they prove anything.

You don't seriously believe that all the 'heightened' fighters in the UFC were the result of simple measuring errors, do you?

You don't seriously believe that the UFC measures fighters, do you? You know that you just tell them your height...they don't measure you at weighins...or ever.

Combine the fact that most people lie about their height with the fact that height is considered a desirable attribute in a fighter so the promoter exaggerates and then mix in no oversight and you have Carwin cutting height from 6'5" to 6' even.

I love the image of a crack team of UFC employees running around carefully measuring fighters...doing their damndest but still making mistakes...as if that shit isn't filled in on some random form along with their desired nickname and place of birth at some point during the hiring process...probably by the fighter's manager. Who also has an interest in 'heightening' their client.

Actually, Zuffa is not the only MMA org around.. And when we get pre fight medicals, height is taken and given to the fight organization. We are told to take our shoes off and at times, socks, when getting measured for height. A fighter can lie about height to the event org, but for what? This is not the NBA or the NFL, rarely is a fighter trying to exaggerate their height.. There are many typos and errors that never get corrected. That is just reality. And yes, some orgs do take your height and reach at fighter checkins, espec if you have not fought for the org prior or if your info needs to be updated for their event programs, website, etc..

Height isn't considered by commissions.

So it makes as much sense to measure height for WEIGHT classes as it does measuring their big toe.

There is no oversight on height. There are no rules about height. There are rules about weight. Weight is controlled with strict oversight by the state. Height is filled in by the fighter or their manager probably on the same form that has your emergency contact on it.

If someone gets caught cheating with their weight (however they would do that, helium balloons up their ass, diuretics or whatever) there are huge penalties. Nobody cares if you wear shoe lifts to the weighins, or if your boot heels are taller than Dana's.

What is the penalty if someone lies about their height? None. Because there is no rule about height. Because there is no controlling authority concerning height. The UFC only gives a shit about height insofar as it concerns the popularity of a fighter, and the fact is, tall people are more popular. Especially in athletics.

They don't waste time measuring the height of fighters. It simply doesn't matter to them except for marketing.

For my Pro Debut in 2013 for the WFC, my prefight medicals had me at 5ft 9 and 1/4 inches with a 71in reach.. The WFC listed me at 5ft 10in with a 70in reach in their event program and on the website for the event. I think sherdog has my fighter profile at 5ft 10in too. I have emailed them to fix it and update my fighter profile/record/pics. So when height is off, it is rarely the fighter who does it and tends to be an error by the fight event org. Oh, I am in my 30s and until then, I had always been measured at 5ft 8 and 1/2 inches.. In the Army, during college playing football, all through my adult life getting yearly physicals.. Yet, my Pro Debut prefight physical, my height grew almost a full inch lol!

Last edited:
Back