Ronda and Holly Height discrepancy

It's hard to intimidate somebody when you're looking up at them.

Unless you're Mike Tyson
tumblr_menqohdlqd1rt3zrlo1_400.gif

Rousey at 5'7" is laughable.

She's 5'5".

Holly looks to be a legit 5'8" though.

not really I am about 6 foot and i would probably be intimidated by tyson, hunt, manhoef etc in the staredown. It only gets comical when someone is about 10 inches taller, but struve still lost to hunt

not really I am about 6 foot and i would probably be intimidated by tyson, hunt, manhoef etc in the staredown. It only gets comical when someone is about 10 inches taller, but struve still lost to hunt
edit i would most definitely be not probably

You don't seriously believe that all the 'heightened' fighters in the UFC were the result of simple measuring errors, do you?

You don't seriously believe that the UFC measures fighters, do you? You know that you just tell them your height...they don't measure you at weighins...or ever.

I know for a fact that you are wrong. Why do you talk about things you don't know about? Or at least, why do you pretend certitude with regards to them? You can see that fighters are measured (both reach and height) before events if you want some of the pre-fight videos. You are in error, sir.

Combine the fact that most people lie about their height with the fact that height is considered a desirable attribute in a fighter so the promoter exaggerates and then mix in no oversight and you have Carwin cutting height from 6'5" to 6' even.

That could just as easily have been a transcribing error at some point or someone typed in the wrong information onto the computerized graphic. I do believe that they corrected the error in future shows, no?

I love the image of a crack team of UFC employees running around carefully measuring fighters

Never said they were a crack team but they do the work and I've seen it with my own eyes. They may not be completely meticulous but they generally get it about right.

...doing their damndest but still making mistakes...as if that shit isn't filled in on some random form along with their desired nickname and place of birth at some point during the hiring process...probably by the fighter's manager. Who also has an interest in 'heightening' their client.

Again, you can go find video evidence of the process. I've also heard various fighters talk about it. They measure.

You're not a professional fighter though. Also, just because Mike Tyson did something doesn't mean it's not really, really hard for the normal human population to do. Like making ridiculous millions of dollars as a fighter and destroying world champion professional boxers in 90 seconds.

worked fine for tyson,and many other instances,throughout human history,at all times,forever and ever,amen

Ronda looks to be about 6 inches tall lying on her back

Keep in mind that when you're talking about shorter fighters, inches look bigger.

She was a whole lot shorter than Holly when she was flat backing it.

Ronda used to be listed at 5'6, Holly could be 5'8 1/2.

Again, Holly is standing straight with her feet close together where as Ronda is in a fighting stance with feet spread and knees slightly bent.

The people doing the heights are not going to be that far off. Maybe there could be up to an inch or an inch and a half of play depending on rounding errors and the fact that people's height can change through spine compression but mostly this is just you taking estimating by eye what they measured with far more precision.
RouseyHolmMandelSherdog.jpg

They're both wearing heels but it seems the heels are the same height. I definitely think Holm has more than an inch on Ronda.

Look when they hug after the fight. That's not an inch inbetween.
Vz6PPgU.gif

You have no idea if the heels are the same height, or if the soles of the shoes are the same, and, again, Ronda's legs are spread wider. She's also standing with her hip jutted out (she does this when she tries to "strike a pose" while Holly is standing straight.

They're both wearing heels but it seems the heels are the same height. I definitely think Holm has more than an inch on Ronda.

Look when they hug after the fight. That's not an inch inbetween.
Vz6PPgU.gif
The apparent difference between them when they are moving and the camera is not straight on keeps changing as they hug, move away from each other. You are clearly watching the angle that makes it appear that she is much taller (when the camera is behind her) and not when they both move away from each other and they seem to be closer in height. Even in the stare off the height discrepancy looks less than in the gif. It certainly looks like less than two inches to me. I think they are around an inch apart based on all of the evidence I've seen. Not that any of it really matters.

Last edited:
You have no idea if the heels are the same height, or if the souls of the shoes are the same, and, again, Ronda's legs are spread wider. She's also standing with her hip jutted out (she does this when she tries to "strike a pose" while Holly is standing straight.

The apparent difference between them when they are moving and the camera is not straight on keeps changing as they hug, move away from each other. You are clearly watching the angle that makes it appear that she is much taller (when the camera is behind her) and not when they both move away from each other and they seem to be closer in height. Even in the stare off the height discrepancy looks less than in the gif. It certainly looks like less than two inches to me. I think they are around an inch apart based on all of the evidence I've seen. Not that any of it really matters.

Except when they were fighting it was clear Holm was taller.

Except when they were fighting it was clear Holm was taller.
Holm is taller according to the numbers, too. Around an inch. During a fight, you are given a bunch of angles with the fighters in motion and in a fighting stance. Not the best for making a determination of their relative height. Certainly not good enough to discern the exact difference in height.

Back