Ronda and Holly Height discrepancy

Gamer007

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
After Rewatching Holly vs Ronda I noticed there is no way the "Tale of the Tape" was accurate. It listed Ronda at 5'7" and Holly at 5'8". Here is a decent pic of the stare down inside the cage...

1447795702598.jpg

So one of them has to be listed incorrectly...or am I crazy?

Ronda is bending forward a little here with her leags spread so she looks smaller than she is probably

Ronda taking a page out of the Shane Carwin manual?

Holly looks to be about 2-3 inches taller than Honda.
20151113032503_5D3_1461.JPG

After Rewatching Holly vs Ronda I noticed there is no way the "Tale of the Tape" was accurate. It listed Ronda at 5'7" and Holly at 5'8". Here is a decent pic of the stare down inside the cage...

1447795702598.jpg

So one of them has to be listed incorrectly...or am I crazy?

Perspective and the fact that Holly stands straight with her stance narrow where as Ronda is hunched somewhat and has her feet spread wide and I believe is bending her knees more.

Holly looks to be about 2-3 inches taller than Honda.
20151113032503_5D3_1461.JPG
Again, Holly is standing straight with her feet close together where as Ronda is in a fighting stance with feet spread and knees slightly bent.

The people doing the heights are not going to be that far off. Maybe there could be up to an inch or an inch and a half of play depending on rounding errors and the fact that people's height can change through spine compression but mostly this is just you taking estimating by eye what they measured with far more precision.

Again, Holly is standing straight with her feet close together where as Ronda is in a fighting stance with feet spread and knees slightly bent.

The people doing the heights are not going to be that far off. Maybe there could be up to an inch or an inch and a half of play depending on rounding errors and the fact that people's height can change through spine compression but mostly this is just you taking estimating by eye what they measured with far more precision.

You don't seriously believe that all the 'heightened' fighters in the UFC were the result of simple measuring errors, do you?

You don't seriously believe that the UFC measures fighters, do you? You know that you just tell them your height...they don't measure you at weighins...or ever.

Combine the fact that most people lie about their height with the fact that height is considered a desirable attribute in a fighter so the promoter exaggerates and then mix in no oversight and you have Carwin cutting height from 6'5" to 6' even.

I love the image of a crack team of UFC employees running around carefully measuring fighters...doing their damndest but still making mistakes...as if that shit isn't filled in on some random form along with their desired nickname and place of birth at some point during the hiring process...probably by the fighter's manager. Who also has an interest in 'heightening' their client.

Yeah but even at the angle right in the middle holly had 2" on ronda. You will notice ronda was listed at 5'6" until she started gaining steam and then she decided to wear high heels standing next to an opponent without heels listed at 5'6" also. They thought it was a good idea to ignore that fact and upgrade her height. She is probably 5'5"-5'6".

You don't seriously believe that all the 'heightened' fighters in the UFC were the result of simple measuring errors, do you?

You don't seriously believe that the UFC measures fighters, do you? You know that you just tell them your height...they don't measure you at weighins...or ever.

Combine the fact that most people lie about their height with the fact that height is considered a desirable attribute in a fighter so the promoter exaggerates and then mix in no oversight and you have Carwin cutting height from 6'5" to 6' even.

I love the image of a crack team of UFC employees running around carefully measuring fighters...as if that shit isn't filled in on some random form along with their desired nickname and place of birth at some point during the hiring process...probably by the fighter's manager. Who also has an interest in 'heightening' their client.

it's very simple to measure the height of a fighter

it's also very convenient to exaggerate said height a bit, generously rounding up fractions

also of course, there could be some measuring errors

it's very simple to measure the height of a fighter

it's also very convenient to exaggerate said height a bit, generously rounding up fractions

also of course, there could be some measuring errors

It's very simple to measure the size of their big toe too.

But they don't do it.

Show me one example of the UFC measuring fighters. You tell them how tall you are, not the other way around. The only measuring error would be if the UFC decided you were too honest about your height and that a couple of additional inches would be more impressive.

And as we all know, it is.

It's very simple to measure the size of their big toe too.

But they don't do it.

Show me one example of the UFC measuring fighters. You tell them how tall you are, not the other way around. The only measuring error would be if the UFC decided you were too honest about your height and that a couple of additional inches would be more impressive.

And as we all know, it is.

it's simple to measure their toes. it doesn't make sense to measure anyone's toes.

i don't know if ufc measures or not. i'm only establishing that it's a simple procedure, and also laying out possible scenarios where the numbers may get fudged.

it's simple to measure their toes. it doesn't make sense to measure anyone's toes.

i don't know if ufc measures or not. i'm only establishing that it's a simple procedure, and also laying out possible scenarios where the numbers may get fudged.

Height isn't considered by commissions.

So it makes as much sense to measure height for WEIGHT classes as it does measuring their big toe.

There is no oversight on height. There are no rules about height. There are rules about weight. Weight is controlled with strict oversight by the state. Height is filled in by the fighter or their manager probably on the same form that has your emergency contact on it.

If someone gets caught cheating with their weight (however they would do that, helium balloons up their ass, diuretics or whatever) there are huge penalties. Nobody cares if you wear shoe lifts to the weighins, or if your boot heels are taller than Dana's.

What is the penalty if someone lies about their height? None. Because there is no rule about height. Because there is no controlling authority concerning height. The UFC only gives a shit about height insofar as it concerns the popularity of a fighter, and the fact is, tall people are more popular. Especially in athletics.

They don't waste time measuring the height of fighters. It simply doesn't matter to them except for marketing.

Height isn't considered by commissions.

So it makes as much sense to measure height for WEIGHT classes as it does measuring their big toe.

There is no oversight on height. There are no rules about height. There are rules about weight. Weight is controlled with strict oversight by the state. Height is filled in by the fighter or their manager probably on the same form that has your emergency contact on it.

If someone gets caught cheating with their weight (however they would do that, helium balloons up their ass, diuretics or whatever) there are huge penalties. Nobody cares if you wear shoe lifts to the weighins, or if your boot heels are taller than Dana's.

What is the penalty if someone lies about their height? None. Because there is no rule about height. Because there is no controlling authority concerning height. The UFC only gives a shit about height insofar as it concerns the popularity of a fighter, and the fact is, tall people are more popular. Especially in athletics.

They don't waste time measuring the height of fighters. It simply doesn't matter to them except for marketing.

that's very plausible.

but is it factual?

Back