• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jus saying.

Rogue one was superior in every way imo. "Who's with me!!!"

I hope episodes 8 and 9 step it up. Or Disney will feel my nest wrath

That's nerd wrath (GD auto correct)

Last edited:
Damn Jack, where u been? Hadn't seen you round ...

I agree. Force Awakens was one the worse Star Wars movies

In other news, water is wet.

Rogue One shits on New Hope remake.

Force Awakens had a horrible villain who was a wanna be Vader, an OP Mary Sue, and was just Episode 4 with better graphics.

this is like choosing what piece of dogshit looks prettier

That's not saying much.

TFA was meh.

If I had to rank it...

TESB>ANH>ROTJ>>RoTS>>>TPM=TFA>>>>>>AoTC

Damn Jack, where u been? Hadn't seen you round ...

Trump has me and my ilk gainfully employed.

Under Barry I could spend half the day on Amazon, EBay, and the dog. Now I have to actually work ffs. I don't come to work to work dammit!

well,as you say its better bro,i'll be watching it tonight.

I never saw Rogue One. I was stoked for Force Awakens but honestly, aside from the nostalgia boost it was a shit movie.

Trump has me and my ilk gainfully employed.

Under Barry I could spend half the day on Amazon, EBay, and the dog. Now I have to actually work ffs. I don't come to work to work dammit!

Praise America

Have seen them both once....TFA in Dec 2015, R1 in Dec 2016. Thought they were both solid if unspectacular.

Literally cannot remember one characters name from R1, whereas I can remember all the main players from TFA.

In other news, water is wet.

Rogue One shits on New Hope remake.

Force Awakens had a horrible villain who was a wanna be Vader, an OP Mary Sue, and was just Episode 4 with better graphics.

Kylo Ren was my favourite part of the film. The whole point of him was he was very flawed. His inadequacy compared to Vader was perhaps the major difference between 7 and 4, imo.

People complain that it was a direct remake of A New Hope and also complain that Kylo Ren was nothing like as bad ass as Vader. Can't have it both ways.

Agreed. Actually I think Rogue One might be my favorite Star Wars movie period.

I actually re-watched both recently, and each excell in different areas.

Ep7's three new characters, and BB8, are far more likeable and entertaining. But the rehashed Ep4 plot REALLY kept it from getting anywhere close to it's potential. But the directing/effects were 10/10.

Rogue One had one 1-dimensional character, and the rest had no character whatsoever. But the finale was epic, but otherwise felt shallow due to the audience not caring about any of the characters getting killed off - besides Donnie Yen.

So much wasted potential, for both movies. I really hope Disney gets their shit together or Ep8 will be the last Star Wars flick I see in theaters for a long time.

Back