• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogue One was far better than Force Awakens....

I agree

Rogue One was excellent
TFA was meh, I liked it at the time because it was better than the prequels and that's pretty much all it needed to be. On subsequent re-watches it lost it's lustre. I dont mind Kylo Ren, i like that he's a bit shit and not a total badass, gives him room to grow. Rey was OP and needed a buff.

Vader scene in Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars moments in any film.

fuck yes

Death troopers were cool, Skariff battle was also really good. The best bit about it was managing to make 70's era costumes and technology integrate into a modern film without looking out of place.

I totally agree....Next thread

I liked Rogue On better...I thought it was amazing

Felicity is bae

makes me a lil apprehensive about the last Jedi I liken it to my utter hatred of Michael Bey for his "artistic vision" concerning transformers.

JJ Abrams's scene in rogue one when the falcon was flying through the crashed star destroyer was exactly like a scene from star trek beyond when kirk was eluding Klingons through a ship its almost exactly the same scene.

Just like I'd desperately like to see a different director for transformers I'd like to see Abram's replaced...there's a lot of things that make raise my nerd ire and make me want to fist fight messing up my Star wars and transformer movies is one of them

Will rewatch Rogue One now its on netflix, but I think I agree. TFA did not do well the 2nd time I watched it.

makes me a lil apprehensive about the last Jedi I liken it to my utter hatred of Michael Bey for his "artistic vision" concerning transformers.

JJ Abrams's scene in rogue one when the falcon was flying through the crashed star destroyer was exactly like a scene from star trek beyond when kirk was eluding Klingons through a ship its almost exactly the same scene.

Just like I'd desperately like to see a different director for transformers I'd like to see Abram's replaced...there's a lot of things that make raise my nerd ire and make me want to fist fight messing up my Star wars and transformer movies is one of them

Well, yeah, JJ Abrams is horrible. The guy actually takes pride in stealing other people's ideas. He stole a lot from the original Star Wars. It's weird to me how he is in a creative field but he is not creative; and, yet, he thinks he is a genius and other people give him credit.

I agree

Rogue One was excellent
TFA was meh, I liked it at the time because it was better than the prequels and that's pretty much all it needed to be. On subsequent re-watches it lost it's lustre. I dont mind Kylo Ren, i like that he's a bit shit and not a total badass, gives him room to grow. Rey was OP and needed a buff.

Vader scene in Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars moments in any film.

fuck yes

Death troopers were cool, Skariff battle was also really good. The best bit about it was managing to make 70's era costumes and technology integrate into a modern film without looking out of place.

Yeah that tends to be my opinion, it was fun seeing a SW film at the cinema that didn't have the obvious fuckups of the prequels yet ultimately it wasn't much more than fluff for me, as with Abrams Trek its ment for that first viewing and really doesn't hold up well to multiple viewings.

I would add as well that I think there was a massive amount of hype built up by years of anti prequel discussion and reviews, people who had invested so much time and ego in that whole area needed this film to be a classic.

Mr Mojo Lane said:
Well, yeah, JJ Abrams is horrible. The guy actually takes pride in stealing other people's ideas. He stole a lot from the original Star Wars. It's weird to me how he is in a creative field but he is not creative; and, yet, he thinks he is a genius and other people give him credit.

I think what makes it worse really is that he didn't put the effort to really make a film like the originals, this was the same kind of cheap formula he pulled with Trek mixing nostalgia in which action/humour at 100 MPH and hope nobody notices you plot/characters/setting are a total mess. Watch Wrath of Khan and then Trek Into Darkness and the weakness is obvious.

If he'd really remade A New Hope with a few changes it would I think he praiseworthy if not very original, as it is he was just hired to delivery a safe product whilst pretending to be some kind of genius.

Rogue One for me actually bothered to understand what made the originals effective and then played around with the formula a bit switching the John Ford Western influences for more WW2 Spy/Action like Where Eagles Dare.

Last edited:
meh I like JJ, 10 Cloverfield Lane was great and I've enjoyed the star wars/trek reboots.

That hit me in the feels mang....now I know I'm not alone in this world lol

Seriously him and michael bay should be flogged, tarred and feathered, then drawn and quartered

All by angry nerds holding torches and wearing comic con shirts from various cities

That may be the only one with any redeeming qualities.

I like the Yoda fight scene, and the bar scene from clones. Hell, I don't hate the cloners planet either. Darth Maul was a redeeming quality in Menace.

I like the Yoda fight scene, and the bar scene from clones. Hell, I don't hate the cloners planet either. Darth Maul was a redeeming quality in Menace.

So was Duel of the Fates as a score piece.

Let's just say the originals set the bar high for me. Lmao

Last edited:
I didn't think there was anything special about Rouge One to be honest. It didn't do anything to move the overall story forward. It just filled in gaps (poorly might I add). the GCI Tarken and Leia threw me off as well.

Vader at the end kicking ass was cool though.

Both were not great but I like Force more. Found it more fun even if totally derivative.

Force Awakens was way better IMO

R1 was a movie that didn't need to be made... we already know what happened before and after, so we didn't really need a movie to explain these events in detail. Also we go into the movie knowing that pretty much all of the main characters die, since none of them have appeared an any other star wars films. The Vader scene was the only part that was notable imo.

Back