• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogan STILL says Herb Dean messed up in Hill vs Pereira KO

They reset, touch gloves, take a few steps, Hill throws a left that's countered immediately. Hill and Rogan are the only two people that actually believe anything but this.
jamahal-hill-alex-pereira.gif
How is there any controversy? I get that Hill thinks so, since he’s salty that he got KO’d and Pereira even gave him a small clowning gesture to top it off.

But how does anyone else with a pair of eyes think that?

<{Joewithit}>

The hype-machine was already in overdrive for Hill before this fight, now they're having the captain play damage-control.
That tends to be the issue most of the time, he has some genuine favourites but mostly its just that the UFC told him and the other commentators to push a certain fighter hard.

Hill I suspect is still someone the UFC think may have a future so a bit of damage control for his loss is needed.

This so dumb <lol>How is it Herb's fault that Hill isn't a better fighter to measure his distance at all times <lol>

They reset, touch gloves, take a few steps, Hill throws a left that's countered immediately. Hill and Rogan are the only two people that actually believe anything but this.
jamahal-hill-alex-pereira.gif

This really is the bottom line, and anyone who wants to keep arguing is arguing the indefensible and is not worth time.

Bit of a problem with this narrative. Hill created distance BY fouling Alex, which Alex then corrected with the hop forward, and then stayed still there. The reason they looked so close afterwards was not actually because they were closer, but because after Herb ushered them to continue, Alex kept stepping forward, while Hill (who started moving first, mind you) started stepping sideways, allowing the distance to be closed immediately. In fact, Alex even, after the hop and pause, actually took a backstep when Herb said continue.

Distance they were at right before Hill throws the foul.
DA24ikN.gif

Distance when Herb says continue
HLhERat.gif

What did Hill get cheated out of here?
Alex is actually a half step further after the foul lol.
People like snaportap should be ignored. If one does not wish to see abject reality, arguing with them is pointless.

I can see their point, but protect yourself at all times, and hill could have easily reestablished the distance if he had the fight iq and mind set.

No he didn't. Max said you're in a world title fight you should be focused at all times fuck a ref

He said both things. He said the same thing Rogan did and then added "gotta be focused etc"

Hill also countered with his own punch and missed. It is not like Alex got inside the range without any risk to Alex. He could have gotten countered. So it is not like Alex got a free shot in on Hill. Hill took a risk at that range thinking he could draw Alex in for the KO much like Izzy. It is for sure his game plan. Hill should not be complaining at all. Alex took a big risk himself. They are even in that regard.

Not sure about this instance but, Herb Dean and Mark Smith have been the worst refs in the ufc for years.

I couldnt give a flying shit what Max says , we all have eyes and can see in great slo'mo' detail what went down.
Hills was more than ready , your double down Devils Advocate take is just plain wrong.
Max is a pro, and he picked up on Herb’s sloppy officiating in the moment. You can pretend Herb did a stellar job in that moment but he didn’t. To be honest I don’t even like Hill enough to keep this exchange going. In me being objective I believed Herb could have done a better job in the moment. Have a good one my guy.

Last edited:
I have never listened but recently was on a 2.5 hr drive for work and the driver put on a Rogan podcast. It was fucking horrible. The production value sucked. The audio level kept fluctuating. And what they were talking about was idiotic with no depth and no knowledge on whatever topic they meandered upon in their rambling. It was painful. Kinda scary and sad that people find this shit valuable and informative.

The only amusement I found in it was Joe’s horrible job reading the commercials.
Joe Rogan is SUPPOSED to be good at three things.

1. Stand-up comedy
2. UFC Commentary
3. Podcast/interviewing

These are what he gets paid to do...
He is so fucking bad at all three, it's not even funny.

When I make fun of my friends for listening to JRE, they try to defend themselves by saying that he has interesting guests....
Ok...
Then go listen to those people, watch their lectures or read what they've written.
Joe is so bad at interviewing people that it doesn't matter how good his guests are.

I just can't understand how someone as terrible as Rogan has as much power and sway as he does.

Don't blame Herb, he ain't did nuthin,

No, because​
Real eyes
Realize
Real lies.
That line makes little sense. Sounds cool really is nonsensical. What’s a fake lie as opposed to a real lie? the wordplay is very witty but doesn’t hold up on second thought. And you can believe Herb did a perfect job officiating in that moment but there’s a reason a pro like max said he could have been better. we can agree to disagree no shame in that, have a great one bro.

Last edited:
Bit of a problem with this narrative. Hill created distance BY fouling Alex, which Alex then corrected with the hop forward, and then stayed still there. The reason they looked so close afterwards was not actually because they were closer, but because after Herb ushered them to continue, Alex kept stepping forward, while Hill (who started moving first, mind you) started stepping sideways, allowing the distance to be closed immediately. In fact, Alex even, after the hop and pause, actually took a backstep when Herb said continue.

Distance they were at right before Hill throws the foul.
DA24ikN.gif

Distance when Herb says continue
HLhERat.gif

What did Hill get cheated out of here?
Spot on analysis Sherbro.

I don’t see how anyone no concussed by Alex can argue against this being a completely fair stoppage.

Understanding Herb's indecision in the moment, refs normally separate and restart at a pause, and it would have avoided the complication.

Back