• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogan STILL says Herb Dean messed up in Hill vs Pereira KO

Rogan IS still an idiot. There is hardly news here.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Alex clearly gets closer in range when Herb calls time. There's a reason why holloway said herb could have done a better job.
Hill clearly used a foul to create distance. Why is this a question? And like you said, WHEN he calls time, not some deliberate trick after.

They're still at outside range when ushered to continue, and that's all that's needed. AND Hill doesn't even begin to attempt to back up to try and make up for this supposed advantage either. I really don't see any controversy here.

It's like people should have argued that Askren got an unfair disadvantage against Masvidal because Ben himself started with a foot over the black line, creating a shorter distance and Herzog didn't stop and push him back before starting the fight. It's pedantry of the highest order, and even I'm king of the fucking pedants around here

Watched that ko 10x and never noticed but Rogan has a point, or more like Jamahal does but he’s gonna have to ko a top 5 or take a short notice to get a rematch

85ce9f58-d51f-44e8-952f-2b6ce8668763_text.gif

Last edited:
Hill clearly used a foul to create distance. Why is this a question? And like you said, WHEN he calls time, not some deliberate trick after.

They're still at outside range when ushered to continue, and that's all that's needed. AND Hill doesn't even begin to attempt to back up to try and make up for this supposed advantage either. I really don't see any controversy here.

It's like people should have argued that Askren got an unfair disadvantage against Masvidal because Ben himself started with a foot over the black line, creating a shorter distance and Herzog didn't stop and push him back before starting the fight. It's pedantry of the highest order, and even I'm king of the fucking pedants around here
Max Holloway a pro fighter looked at it and said Herb could have done better. I guess you have to have sparred a bunch to know what's going on.

Affirmative.
The fact that he has the #1 podcast is the very reason I have chosen not to further my line. My family name dies with me.
Thanks, Rogan.
I have never listened but recently was on a 2.5 hr drive for work and the driver put on a Rogan podcast. It was fucking horrible. The production value sucked. The audio level kept fluctuating. And what they were talking about was idiotic with no depth and no knowledge on whatever topic they meandered upon in their rambling. It was painful. Kinda scary and sad that people find this shit valuable and informative.

The only amusement I found in it was Joe’s horrible job reading the commercials.

Rogan was sucking Alex's dick nonstop right up until he fought Izzy the first time and was getting wrestlefucked for a bit. Was saying he'd been watching Alex for years in kickboxing and was a massive fan.
Ye and I remember there was a clip going around from his podcast right after about the fight, and it takes him abiut 4 minutes to even mention that pereira won, he just kept being like “izzy came into the post fight presser with a fur coat just looking like a boss, he took that loss like a champ man, so much respect”

And every chance he gets now he will bring up pereiras size

Did the same exact thing leading into the lopes yusuff fight, talking about how absolutely massive lopes is and after lopes knocked yusuff out he said it again as soon as as he could

Right after Pereira waved off Herb Dean, him and Hill touched gloves and resumed fighting. Hill was in the midst of throwing a left hook when Pereira knocked him out. It's not like Hill got KOed while standing around thinking there was a timeout.

Whether or not Herb Dean handled the timeout properly has no bearing on the outcome of the fight.

Listen to Joe's explanation.

Hill was doing a good job managing his distance from Pereira. After the nut shot, Hill relaxed his guard, stood up and stopped moving. Alex had already waved Herb off they did touch gloves and Hill makes a thumbs up but Hill doesn't reset his distance and Pereira catches him.

Hill lost focus and got caught.

The way the timeout was handled led to the fight ending sequence.

Listen to Joe's explanation.

Hill was doing a good job managing his distance from Pereira. After the nut shot, Hill relaxed his guard, stood up and stopped moving. Alex had already waved Herb off they did touch gloves and Hill makes a thumbs up but Hill doesn't reset his distance and Pereira catches him.

Hill lost focus and got caught.

Hill had already taken a step back after the foul. Alex was only stepping back into the distance they were at prior.

Rogan has a bias towards a certain type of fighter. I know I’m not the only one whose notice

He's trying to make up for that Viral clip of him saying a certain word from a few years ago

<{Heymansnicker}>

I can't belive people are engaging in such a nuanced discussion of this. Quit acting like the KO happened directly after Herb tried to step in, 5 seconds is a long ass time in MMA and if you need more than that to refocus you're not winning any fights.

Max Holloway a pro fighter looked at it and said Herb could have done better. I guess you have to have sparred a bunch to know what's going on.

Max also said at the same time it's a title fight at UFC 300 and you need to stay focused 100% of the time regardless of ref

Max also said at the same time it's a title fight at UFC 300 and you need to stay focused 100% of the time regardless of ref
Yes, that still doesn’t change the fact max admitted that Herb could have done a better job. Him saying Hill should be focused is beside the point that Herb didn’t ref the situation well. You didn’t negate the point.

Hill was doing a good job managinazsg his distance from Pereira. After the nut shot, Hill relaxed his guard, stood up and stopped moving. Alex had already waved Herb off they did touch gloves and Hill makes a thumbs
Hill doesn't reset his distance, showed a pitiful fight IQ, and it was Good Night Irene.
Hill lost focus and got caught.​

Hill Never lost focus, there was no "time out" ever. The end came after Hill and Alex exchanged shots.

It’s a fight sport, and at the end of the day, you have to protect yourself at all times…

Hill got MORE distance because of the foul, not less. So I don't know what bullshit everyone is spewing about some cheat hop taking up all the space.

This
THIS

I am not a Pereira fan, I hope Jiri wins soon, but come on... this Herb Dean excuse is just dumb.

Rogan understands subtleties of distance, because he's been involved in many TKD fights.

He is also biased as fuck.

Yes, that still doesn’t change the fact max admitted that Herb could have done a better job. Him saying Hill should be focused is beside the point that Herb didn’t ref the situation well. You didn’t negate the point.

Max was just being nice to Hill/Rogan

Back