Rogan says Douglas Lima ‘might be the best WW in the world’

The wrestling discrepancy would be too big imo. Besides even if he could stuff the TD’s someone like Woodley could just counter him with his superior boxing just like he did vs Till.

Woodley hasn't really used his wrestling regularly since he was in Strikeforce. He also likes to put himself on the cage, I think Lima would take advantage of that and use long strikes like Rory did and don't overcomit so Woodley can't counter. I would probably favor Lima over every WW in the UFC except Usman, Colby and maybe Maia.

I'm not saying he wouldn't still have a glaring weakness in wrestling compared to some of the best WW wrestlers. We'd need to see the fights to find out. I'm just pointing out that he's had 8 years of training to close the gap and prepare answers for his lack of a base in wrestling.

I don't think anybody should look at a fight 8 years ago and dismiss a guy as good as Lima. He's unarguably one of the best WW fighters in the world right now.. and I don't blame anybody for thinking he could be the best.

His fights with Rory and Koreshkov prove his wrestling defense has improved significantly.

The man said that Lima MIGHT be the best WW in the world, tell me what is wrong with that statement.

i'm talking about joe rogan as a whole, and what his opinions when it comes to mma are. totally skewed and biased. look who the guy works for.

i'm talking about joe rogan as a whole, and what his opinions when it comes to mma are. totally skewed and biased. look who the guy works for.
I kinda hate him anymore too, mostly on the podcast he bothers me, always telling people to stop talking and being a dick to his supposed friends.

Woodley was not as good as he is now. Woodley has never been the second best welterweight of all time not even close.
The point stands that Rory has never been the best ww in the world.

Woodley was as good then as he is now. He got a title shot shortly afterwards.

Who are the other GOAT contenders after GSP? There is only Woodley and Hughes. And Hughes was very one dimensional.

Woodley was as good then as he is now. He got a title shot shortly afterwards.

Who are the other GOAT contenders after GSP? There is only Woodley and Hughes. And Hughes was very one dimensional.
Dude are you trying to argue that Rory was at may point the best ww in the world? Cause Robbie Lawler made that claim impossible.

Dude are you trying to argue that Rory was at may point the best ww in the world? Cause Robbie Lawler made that claim impossible.

One of the best. That fight was a classic for a reason.

One of the best. That fight was a classic for a reason.
Well then why do you keep quoting me? All I'm saying is that he has never been THE best. We agree on that let it go my man

Well then why do you keep quoting me? All I'm saying is that he has never been THE best. We agree on that let it go my man

The best is subjective. And does it really matter if he was the best or the second best? He's still a damn good win.

I think we can all agree lima is ufc top 10, but it's too hard to guess where he'd fit in without him fighting better compitition.

I don't even like Usman but he might have the most 10-8 rounds in the ufc rn outside of Khabib.
He’s beaten nobody. And those 10-8 rounds are a result of holding down his opponents. Not inflicting damage. Don’t get it twisted.

Another overhyped rando from the minor leagues who will be conveniently out of his prime if he ever gets to the UFC. Seen this story before. It's boring.

I'd love to see him up against the UFCs best, that is for sure. Much deeper division.

Schaub is such an idiot though with that comment.
Bellator has a lot of talent at 170 and 145 in particular. Very good parody to the UFC, if not as deep (and it's not.)

Great resume? Who are those guys besides Rory? His greatest win is over Robbie lawlers punching bag? Guy would get smoked just like Ben asscream
You're stupid. Lima is an obvious nightmare match up for anybody in the division. He's gigantic at 170, strong as a bull, has wtf power in his punches and kicks, doesn't ever really get hurt, doesn't really get tired and has excellent defensive wrestling. Nobody in the world at 170 would be looking forward to a fight with Lima.

Timestamped

Rogan also says that Lima “might KO all of them” in regards to the top UFC WWs. I agree with Rogan. Lima with his elite striking, KO power, all time great leg kicks, underrated BJJ, and greatly improved TDD could KO any WW in the world.

The Bellator WW champ has assembled a great resume dominating Rory, Larkin, Daley, and KOing Koreshkov (also subbed him), MVP, prime Ben Saunders 2X, among others.

This was in response to Brendan Schaub saying, “If you ain’t fighting in the UFC, it ain’t shit”. What a ridiculous statement to say.

Using Schaub’s logic, CM Punk > Lima, Pitbull, Bader, Cyborg, Chandler, Davis, Minakov, AJ McKee, etc.

Schaub doesn’t say smart things, but you aren’t applying his statement correctly in your final sentence. There’s a big difference between, “all good fighters are in the UFC,” and, “all fighters in the UFC are good,” or, “the worst fighter in the UFC is better than every non-UFC fighter in the world.”

Either way it’s a waste of time analyzing things Schaub says. He’s doesn’t really have opinions, he just throws things out there that he hopes Joe will agree with (largely based on things he’s heard Joe say in the past, which is why he always seems so confused and hurt when Joe jumps on something he says).

Lol murderers row. Snoozeman is the champ. Cuddleton is fighting for the belt. The only real one is Jorge. This is the weakest UFC’s WW division has been in a minute.
Usman is legit, say what you want about the guy. Covington as much as I may dislike the guy I've grown to respect him. Jorge is real but nobody gave a flying fuck about the guy until recently and that is what sours the whole situation. A bunch of bandwagon fans jumping on at the last minute. I'm not suggesting you are but I'm hoping you at least know what I'm talking about because it is cyclical and palpable in this case.

Regarding Lima, perhaps murderer's row isn't a fair or realistic assessment but it is one thing to reign in Bellator over guys like MVP (whom I actually enjoy) and the hollow shell of Rory MacDonald but I think there are a lot more moving parts and he will be facing adversity he hasn't faced in a while and we will see how he responds. His style is savage so I hope he would take off, same with Jiri.

Given the uncertainty of it all I just feel like Lima would have a hard time shining in the same way that he has been but I would love to see that because I'm a sucker for leg kicks. He's an animal.

He lost to macdonald the first time. Everyone says macdonald is a has-been now, so if Lima is the best, then he destroyed the weak has-been macdonald in the first round in the rematch right?
I don't even know where this narrative that he destroyed Rory in the rematch comes from. He beat him quite handily that night but destroyed? Big fan of Lima but that is exaggerating quite a bit IMO.

Back