Rogan says Douglas Lima ‘might be the best WW in the world’

It's very possible.

He looked like a monster in the rematch with Rory.

maxresdefault.jpg

He has devastating striking and much improved takedown defense, the two things he would need to defeat the top WW's like Usman and Colby.

I think maybe his toughest matchup style-wise would be Wonderboy.

090.jpg
It’s the other way around. Lima is the worst possible style match up for Wonderboy. Lima’s deadly leg kicks would chew up Wonderboy and his wide stance which would lead to Douglas KOing WB. Would watch

I like Lima but he would struggle to stay afloat within the top 5 in the UFC's welterweight division. I highly doubt he would ever hold the belt and if he did I would have even less confidence that he would defend it a single time. Not because of his inadequacies but because of the murderer's row he would be facing.

I think he would struggle with the elite wrestlers like Colby and Usman but beat fighters like Masvidal and Wonderboy. I have him as the best striker at welterweight.

I like Lima but he would struggle to stay afloat within the top 5 in the UFC's welterweight division. I highly doubt he would ever hold the belt and if he did I would have even less confidence that he would defend it a single time. Not because of his inadequacies but because of the murderer's row he would be facing.
Lol murderers row. Snoozeman is the champ. Cuddleton is fighting for the belt. The only real one is Jorge. This is the weakest UFC’s WW division has been in a minute.

It’s the other way around. Lima is the worst possible style match up for Wonderboy. Lima’s deadly leg kicks would chew up Wonderboy and his wide stance which would lead to Douglas KOing WB. Would watch
That's very possible. Great low kicker vs wide stance. It's a 50/50 fight to me because Wonderboy is also a great striker. He is the only striker in the UFC that stands a chance. I think Lima destroys Colby and Usman on the feet. Usman might be able to take Lima down once or twice but I think Lima eventually KO's him. I don't think Colby would hit a single takedown on Lima.

He is 1-1 with an out of prime Rory. Rory has never been the best welterweight in the world at any point in his career.
Lima is good but he's not the best.

Marty,Colby,Wonderboy,Masvidal beat him.
He could take on Woodley.

Schaub being Schaub.

So many Pride and Strikeforce fighters came over to the UFC and became Champions.
Do you think current bellator is equivalent to Pride and Strikeforce in terms of talent? As a historical statement, I think saying anything outside of the ufc is nothing is stupid, but currently, outside of lima, pitbull, and maybe michael chandler, how many fighters does bellator have that would be top 5 in their divisions in the ufc

Lol murderers row. Snoozeman is the champ. Cuddleton is fighting for the belt. The only real one is Jorge. This is the weakest UFC’s WW division has been in a minute.
I don't even like Usman but he might have the most 10-8 rounds in the ufc rn outside of Khabib.

He is 1-1 with an out of prime Rory. Rory has never been the best welterweight in the world at any point in his career.
Lima is good but he's not the best.

Rory handled the supposed second best welterweight of all time with ease.

A one-dimensional Askren LnP'd him. Rory did the same in their first fight, and Rory's wrestling isn't that good (he was outgrappled by a 41-year old Fitch). Usman and Colby both beat him via wrestling and either of them can absorb Lima's shots when standing. Masvidal is a toss-up. Wonderboy, Woodley and Maia may be too old now, but all would have a good chance of beating him in their primes. So would prime Lawler and prime Hendricks. And prime GSP by 50-45 wrestling clinic all day.

So no, he's not the best.

Rory handled the supposed second best welterweight of all time with ease.

Woodley? Please. There's no way he's the second best WW. He defended the title a few times, but one was a favorable match vs. a 40-year old BJJ guy, one was a draw with WB and another was a boring/close fight with WB. Woodley also lost to Jake freakin' Shields via volume striking and Nate Marquadt beat him by a highlight KO. I hope no one is putting Marquadt on their Top 5 All-Time WW list.

Last edited:
When mvp is among a fighters top 3 wins, you know they not gonna cut it in the ufc.

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Back