Rogan made 30 million as a podcaster in 2019

Unlike you, i dont delegate conclusions to an authority.

I do my own research as any smart person does. Which you clearly are not

Bet you also believe the "official" payout numbers released for each event.

Unless youve actually spent the time and put in the effort to do proper research into a topic, you dont have an opinion.

Its that simple.
i love people who claim they don't trust authorities and do their own research. they're almost universally the most ignorant people on the planet, pretending to be equals to experts on any given field simply because they read a few articles on the topic themselves.

i'd love to know the research you've done to correctly determine joe rogan's income, seeing how pretty much none of it is public data.

and before you get your panties tied up in a knot, i'm sure he's making a lot of money from it. podcasts are very popular and he's one of the biggest names in the business. but 100M per year? get a grip.

I probably like Rogan more than I dislike him but considering the amount of money he's making does he really need to endorse a bullshit product such as alpha brain?

Unless he actually believes in that shit.

i'd love to know the research you've done to correctly determine joe rogan's income, seeing how pretty much none of it is public data.

That will never, ever happen.

People who "do their own research" are never able to present their findings, as the findings exist only in their heads.

i love people who claim they don't trust authorities and do their own research. they're almost universally the most ignorant people on the planet, pretending to be equals to experts on any given field simply because they read a few articles on the topic themselves.

and before you get your panties tied up in a knot, i'm sure he's making a lot of money from it. podcasts are very popular and he's one of the biggest names in the business. but 100M per year? get a grip.
Cute

Who says i dont trust authority? I believe in using every source available, but ultimately the truth is in our own hands.

People who do their own research and dont simply blindly accept any official source as absolute truth are ignorant? Interesting.

Are we to assume the official payouts for every UFC card are legit as well?

It doesnt matter what the topic is, you should always do your own research and look to a variety of sources to form the most concise and well rounded picture. It is what any intelligent person does.

You suggest that 100 million is absurd yet id bet my entire life savings you havent looked into this topic beyond a single article, yet you call me ignorant?

I talk about anything i know, experienced, or have researched. No more no less.
i think you are exaggerating
most numbers are fake, don't trust anything, most is hype, even forbes, proved many times
but i also think rogan is a multi milionaire

giphy.gif

If we are to use Tim Ferris as a frame of reference

He gets around 1 million downloads per episode for his podcast

The industry standard for advertising for podcasts can be anywhere from 25-100$CPM(cost per thousand views) depending on the magnitude of the podcast

Lets assume Tim ferriss is making 50$CPM

Which means he is making 50 thousand per sponsor per podcast. Lets assume he has 2-3 sponsors, this means hes making anywhere from 100-150k per podcast based on 1 million downloads per episode

Now, these are accurate numbers. You can look up a bunch of podcasts in the mil+ downloads per episode range, they will be hovering around 50$ cpm per advertiser

Onto JRE

According to Jordan Peterson, JRE gets 200 million downloads per month when you include youtube. He does 20 podcasts a month

Lets just be modest and say it gets 10 mil per episode.

And hes getting 50$cpm

Based on these numbers, he would be making 500k for a single sponsor.

And its been said the biggest podcasters can charge 100$cpm. JRE is the biggest podcast on earth. He is in uncharted territory. Its feasible he could even charge more.

How many sponsors do we think JRE has?

These are all just estimates. Theres a lot of factors to consider.

But even using the 10mil downloads per episode(when its actually 20 mil including youtube) and 50$cpm, it paints a very easy picture of rogan making at LEAST a mil per podcast

Based on his potential ad revenue, he may very well be making a hell of a lot more.

20 podcasts a month, 240 a year, 1 mil per podcast, 240 million per year and the actual number might be a lot higher

Last edited:
i think you are exaggerating
most numbers are fake, don't trust anything, most is hype, even forbes, proved many times
but i also think rogan is a multi milionaire
What you are quoting was in reference to something else

Many numbers are fake though, for sure, especially when it comes to financials. They have just as much credibility as celebrity net worth

However, what podcasters make per thousand views is documented. We can use that number in combination with the number of podcasts downloaded / sponsors and form a rough estimate of what these guys are making

Amazing how far the guy has really come with this... I can remember him doing it off his couch... and what, now he's too big to advertise for fleshlight? Those guys backed him when no one gave a damn.
Fleshlights are degenerate

However, what podcasters make per thousand views is documented. We can use that number in combination with the number of podcasts downloaded / sponsors and form a rough estimate of what these guys are making
yeah, while i think money is circulating, not everything will land in rogans pocket. many will have a big chunk of that before the rest lands in his pocket.

Not sure if anyone realizes how absurd 20 million downloads an episode is when it comes to ad revenue

If you think hes only making 30 mil a year, i have a bridge to sell you

yeah, while i think money is circulating, not everything will land in rogans pocket. many will have a big chunk of that before the rest lands in his pocket.
Fair point

If we really thought about what jre could potentially be making in ad revenue off 20 mil downloads per episode tho

It could easily be a few mil per episode and im not kidding

It sounds crazy and nobody would believe joe might actually be making that much money

But 20 million per episode is uncharted territory. It is next level shit

If we are to use Tim Ferris as a frame of reference

He gets around 1 million downloads per episode for his podcast

The industry standard for advertising for podcasts can be anywhere from 25-100$CPM(cost per thousand views) depending on the magnitude of the podcast

Lets assume Tim ferriss is making 50$CPM

Which means he is making 50 thousand per sponsor per podcast. Lets assume he has 2-3 sponsors, this means hes making anywhere from 100-150k per podcast based on 1 million downloads per episode

Now, these are accurate numbers. You can look up a bunch of podcasts in the mil+ downloads per episode range, they will be hovering around 50$ cpm per advertiser

Onto JRE

According to Jordan Peterson, JRE gets 200 million downloads per month when you include youtube. He does 20 podcasts a month

Lets just be modest and say it gets 10 mil per episode.

And hes getting 50$cpm

Based on these numbers, he would be making 500k for a single sponsor.

And its been said the biggest podcasters can charge 100$cpm. JRE is the biggest podcast on earth. He is in uncharted territory. Its feasible he could even charge more.

How many sponsors do we think JRE has?

These are all just estimates. Theres a lot of factors to consider.

But even using the 10mil downloads per episode(when its actually 20 mil including youtube) and 50$cpm, it paints a very easy picture of rogan making at LEAST a mil per podcast

Based on his potential ad revenue, he may very well be making a hell of a lot more.

20 podcasts a month, 240 a year, 1 mil per podcast, 240 million per year and the actual number might be a lot higher

LMAO holy fuck

Even Rogan would laugh in your face for insinuating he made 240 million a year

LMAO holy fuck

Even Rogan would laugh in your face for insinuating he made 240 million a year
Again

Based on 10-20 million downloads per episode

Making a mil+ per podcast in ad revenue is a very real thing.

Even based on 50$ cpm(cost per thousand views) and minimal sponsors

Simple mathematics

Feel free to do all the fact checking you want and get back to me.

Again

Based on 10-20 million downloads per episode

Making a mil+ per podcast in ad revenue is a very real thing.

Even based on 50$ cpm(cost per thousand views) and minimal sponsors

Simple mathematics

Try to have a little common sense instead of regurgitating the same bullshit stats. You think Forbes miscalculated by 200 million dollars? And supposedly only you have the data that can estimate Rogans earning potential but not Forbes?

Joe Rogan does not make more money than Dwyane Johnson or LeBron James.

Period. End of story.

Try to have a little common sense instead of regurgitating the same bullshit stats

Joe Rogan does not make more money than Dwyane Johnson or LeBrom James.

Period. End of story.
These are not bullshit stats

Podcasters earning 25-100$ per thousand views for sponsors is documented and common knowledge. Google it. You will find a thousand sources confirming it.

Including youtube, Rogan gets 20 mil downloads per podcast episode.

He does 20 podcasts a month. 240 podcasts a year.

Again, im not sure you or others realize just how massive JRE actually is right now. He literally has presidential candidates on. Elon Musk.

Do you have any idea how absurdly massive 200 million downloads a month actually is and how much ad revenue this could potentially create?

Like i said, 1 million per podcast is actually modest if were discussing what jre could potentially make if he maximized ad revenue. which it looks like he is very much doing

Back