Rogan made 30 million as a podcaster in 2019

Hogans a decent dude, Ive learned of many interesting people and many interesting subjects due to his show. Hes been a large part of helping people gain larger audiences as well. Jocko, Goggins, Honnold, Theo Von etc. etc. benefitted greatly from being a guest.

He doesnt appear to have much outward bias either, clearly questions "wokeness", but thats legitimate imo.

JRE is massive and growing. When you start having POTUS candidates on your show, youre there fella. Good luck to the guy, but more science community, his curiousity brings the best out of them.

I havent actually been consuming many lately but there are a few Im interested in for future. Top of the list is probably Chappelle, hes never had him on which I find odd. The Musk toke session was a legendary moment that made Joe pretty close to a household name imo.

Guys, clearly this guy knows more than Forbes. That should settle it.

How does someone make money off a podcast? Does his show have advertisements?

further proves that humans' priorities are fucked up.

It is not the type of species that will survive in the long run.

Redban deserves more credit, if it wasn't for him JRE may have never happened.

Best podcast there is, just wish he'd do them with people that arent archers and comedians. Gets old after a while... plenty of scientists, doctors and just all around far more interesting people to have on than what he does.

No you won't.
I will

Ive actually made a dozen posts on the topic so far

And the more i look into it, its crazy how much he could potentially be making

But theres been other shit in the way is all.

Also the reason why i havent responded to your other posts.

Im just posting off the top of the dome but i think with some more concise effort and organization it would make an interesting thread.

People around here are strangely obsessed with his height.

joe-vs-joe-jpg.660043

Looks virtually identical, Joe.

Some very good shows and never a bad one that I have listened to yet, though I am picky.
All strength to him.

No you won't.

The guy thinks he's a better financial analyst than those working for Forbes.

There's a reason he posts endlessly from his basement, and Forbes is internationally recognized and respected...

I will

Ive actually made a dozen posts on the topic so far

And the more i look into it, its crazy how much he could potentially be making

But theres been other shit in the way is all.

Also the reason why i havent responded to your other posts.

Im just posting off the top of the dome but i think with some more concise effort and organization it would make an interesting thread.
"Potentially making" & is making are two different things. This will probably end up being another thread where you never return and can't prove your worth. Like I said, source it. I'm interested in topic and don't be telling me to do my own research, your the one claiming to have all this "knowledge." So drop it & source it.

That number is extremely low

Podcasters like tim ferriss are making anywhere between 75 to 150k per podcast episode with 1/10th of the downloads, likely far less cpm and lower quality sponsors.

Crazy as it sounds, Rogan making a mil+ per podcast may even be a modest estimate at this point. Meaning Rogan is making hundreds of millions per year off his podcast currently

Never listen to official numbers, theyre always trash. Do your own research
Nonsense. If that was the case he would have had the money to buy UFC and turn it into a grappling tournament which is his dream.

"Potentially making" & is making are two different things. This will probably end up being another thread where you never return and can't prove your worth. Like I said, source it. I'm interested in topic and don't be telling me to do my own research, your the one claiming to have all this "knowledge." So drop it & source it.

Its an interesting topic for me as well

Ive dropped a few posts on it with enough data for someone to arrive at a similar conclusion. Long posts as well, with a few sources over the last year or so.Nobody has really cared about the topic tho. Dont care to dig it up

But given how big JRE is getting, its worth spending some time and making something concise and structured post at some point.

Anything ive said so far has been off the dome. Easy for the more rebust and educated mind to write off in its sloppiness.

When the mood strikes, ill do it. Not for you, but because its just a fascinating topic. Its been on the radar for the while but i want it to be quality, so i need to be in the right head space. Too much other shit goin on

A few cliff notes

Basically using Tim Ferriss as an analogy, he makes about 35-50k per sponsor for his podcast. Hes making 50$ cpm (price per thousand views). He gets about 10x less downloads per episode than JRE. Some of the biggest podcasters are known to potentially be making 100$ cpm, if not more. ( nobody really knows, JRE could feasibly demand unheard of numbers)

JRE also has access to higher quality sponsors, more quantity, more variety. Theres a lot of factors to consider.

if you look at what other podcasters are making and do the math, comparing their downloads, cpm, sponsors, etc..especially with the absurd growth of jre in the last year, making 1 million + per podcast might even be a modest estimate. Which could very well put joe into billionaire territory within a few years

But this is all just off the dome. Like i said, id like to put together something more concise, well thought out, more deeply researched and less sloppy. When the mood strikes tho

Last edited:
Its an interesting topic for me as well

Ive dropped a few posts on it with enough data for someone to arrive at a similar conclusion. Long posts as well, with a few sources over the last year or so. So its already out there. Nobody has really cared about the topic tho. Dont care to dig it up

But given how big JRE is getting, its worth spending some time and making something concise and structured post at some point. All off the dome though, easy for the more rebust and educated mind to write off in its sloppiness.

When the mood strikes, ill do it. Not for you, but because its just a fascinating topic. Its been on the radar for the while but i want it to be quality, so i need to be in the right head space. Too much other shit goin on

A few cliff notes

Basically using Tim Ferriss as an analogy, he makes about 35-50k per sponsor for his podcast. Hes making 50$ cpm (price per thousand views). He gets about 10x less downloads per episode Than JRE. Some of the biggest podcasters are known to potentially be making 100$ cpm, if not more. ( nobody really knows, JRE could feasibly demand unheard of numbers)

JRE also has access to higher quality sponsors, more quantity, more variety. Theres a lot of factors to consider.

if you look at what other podcasters are making and do the math, comparing their downloads, cpm, sponsors, etc..especially with the absurd growth of jre in the last year, making 1 million + per podcast might even be a modest estimate. Which could very well put joe into billionaire territory within a few years

But this is all just off the dome, like i said, id like to put together something more concise, well thought out, more deeply researched and less sloppy. When the mood strikes
Tag me when you're done stating opinions and hypotheticals & when you begin to start stating facts with sources. Good luck with that.

Wouldn't be surprised. I've even gotten my dad to watch certain episodes depending on the guest, and he basically likes nothing that I like. Joe commands a crazy broad audience demographic.

Tag me when you're done stating opinions and hypotheticals & when you begin to start stating facts with sources. Good luck with that.

Lots of podcasters have publicly discussed their numbers and some of the finer points of podcast revenue. Like Tim Ferriss.

Anyone can do a simple 30 min google search, use the data provided by smaller podcasters as an analogy, cross reference and paint a rough estimate of what the big dogs are potentially making.

Lots of podcasters have publicly discussed their numbers and some of the finer points of podcast revenue. Like Tim Ferriss.

Anyone can do a simple 30 min google search, use the data provided by smaller podcasters as an analogy, cross reference and paint a rough estimate of what the big dogs are potentially making.
Yea anyone can do a 30min research, but that's not the point. The point is you talk this mad game about knowing the ins & outs of JRE and it's financial income and state and how you are going to drop "knowledge." on us that the Writers and Data researchers at Forbes doesn't know. This isn't about a Tim Ferris this is about Joe Rogan. Like I said, good luck & tag me when you got your facts & sources all sorted out.

Back