Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

ClassicGreedyConch-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

NeedyCelebratedAfricanpiedkingfisher-max-1mb.gif

that first knockdown for example, no head shot was landed...and tenshin was on his way down before that body shot landed...so that was sketchy...that 2nd knock down, floyd barely touched him with the right hand and tenshin went down hard, slipping and sliding all over the place..while barely being touched...and the 3rd and final knockdown, while the punch landed, it was all arm, no body put behind the punch at all..it looked like something he threw when he fought the big show in the wwe, years ago...the punch looked pulled. people are free to disagree...and I admit, there is no ryme or reason to fix this...or have floyd win like this...but the fight to me anyways, is fixed as hell...I have seen floyd throw punches and land...and this didn't look like that...

I thought it was supposed to be like a cool display of sportsmanship and skill for the fans but then Tenshin came out hard and Floyd said fuck that shit.

Of course it wasn't fixed. Why in God's name would a promotion bring an old foreign boxer out of retirement just to have him embarrass their local rising star? Anyone who thinks about it for literally 2 seconds can see there's no incentive to fix the fight.

Is it really so hard to believe that one of the greatest boxers of all time dominated a guy with no boxing experience?

When Floyd fought at 130 and 135lbs he had a 70% KO rate, and that is against other boxers his own size, many of whom were the very best in the World at that weight. But now people are claiming this fight must have been fixed because he easily flattened a total novice who competes in another sport at 120lbs. These people are clueless.

<36>

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.

i thought it was fishy at first, but chael is just trying to sell his content, ariel is a moron who doesnt even understand that mma is violent, brendan schaub...lol am i being trolled?

that first knockdown for example, no head shot was landed...and tenshin was on his way down before that body shot landed...so that was sketchy...that 2nd knock down, floyd barely touched him with the right hand and tenshin went down hard, slipping and sliding all over the place..while barely being touched...and the 3rd and final knockdown, while the punch landed, it was all arm, no body put behind the punch at all..it looked like something he threw when he fought the big show in the wwe, years ago...the punch looked pulled. people are free to disagree...and I admit, there is no ryme or reason to fix this...or have floyd win like this...but the fight to me anyways, is fixed as hell...I have seen floyd throw punches and land...and this didn't look like that...

Are we looking at the same thing ? The 1st one he takes a left to the dome, comes back in the same stance and takes a 1 2 before even composing from the 1st punch. Looks like he lost his equilibrium, I've seen way worse chicken dances in mma.

Buddy you seem weird posting shit like this.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for an undefeated professional boxer with over 20 years experience, outweighing and outreaching considerably; beating a kickboxer in devastating fashion, that isn't allowed to even kick.

Are we looking at the same thing ? The 1st one he takes a left to the dome, comes back in the same stance and takes a 1 2 before even composing from the 1st punch. Looks like he lost his equilibrium, I've seen way worse chicken dances in mma.

You are free to disagree and I respect that...but I've been watching boxing for literally decades...I've watch some of the best of all time fight. sugar ray robinson...i was around when ray leonard fought duran for the first time...and I thought those punches looked pulled...just my opinion...it's a tough call either way...

What exactly should have happened in that fight if it wasnt fixed?

Tenshin knocks out Floyd?
Tenshin goes the distance but gets dominated?
Tenshin goes the distance and its a close fight?
Tenshin goes the distance and dominates?

I feel like the likeliest of all scenarios transpired and people still calling bullshit

What would be the point of fixing a fight so the prohibitive favorite wins in the first round?
Tenshin is a national star in the sport. I can't see them fixing the fight to where he'd get knocked down 14 times and look like a child fighting a man. He is an undefeated fighter who's record commanded respect when he walked into that ring. Why reduce him to a stumbling, flopping, falling baby, at the likes of Floyd, who is not known for his punching power?

Who on the Japanese side would set this up in this way? If it was fixed it would have been a 3 round decision. But a "you don't belong in the ring with top talent" minutes long KO does not benefit anyone in Japan at all.

I can't see why they'd fix it IN THAT WAY.

You forgot the best thing:
and the 3rd and final knockdown, while the punch landed, it was all arm, no body put behind the punch at all..it looked like something he threw when he fought the big show in the wwe, years ago...the punch looked pulled
I mean, the kid was already crumbled up in defensive position and still his head fucking snapped back like a toy. Where was that an easy punch. Just apart from the fact that you can clearly see his weight shift.

You are free to disagree and I respect that...but I've been watching boxing for literally decades...I've watch some of the best of all time fight. sugar ray robinson...i was around when ray leonard fought duran for the first time...and I thought those punches looked pulled...just my opinion...it's a tough call either way...

It's not a tough call at all I've seen enough fights in my decades to know bullshit when I see it.

Have you ever fought a 120lb man? I don't think it takes much force to knock that head around.

One thing is for sure, the "fight" is still being talked about...

anyone who believes that a major underdog took a dive in an exhibition match is a moron.

Floyd would never take a fight like this unless the outcome was guaranteed. It was an exhibition. It gave rizin the most publicity they have ever got. Win-win. There are some seriously delusional people on here who throw fits when what they believe is questioned. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just because you think something doesn't make it so, and just because you throw some childish insults doesn't mean your right.

Honestly, if that fight was fixed then Tenshin should be in GOAT discussions as an actor. That anguish on his face after being humiliated in front of numerous adoring fans in his home country was fucking brutal.

Has anyone explained why if this was a fixed fight, Floyd won?

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.

Ariel as well..? didn't see that.

In those two head shots the left and right by Floyd hitting Tenshin............... the answer could be "Vertigo".

One shot to the side of the head in the instance of gaining stability then suddenly hit again on the other side is enough to shock the brain into loss of balance.

Where the ear struggles to receive the signal to gain stability.

I know Floyd has good recoiling snap to his punches so that might be the actual case when Tenshin falls back like that looking like his faking it.

Interesting read - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/balance-problems/symptoms-causes/syc-20350474

Well just an opinion or a possibility.

Last edited:
Back