Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

When I saw the big right hook that Floyd landed on Tenshin, I knew that shit wasn't fixed. A minority of MMA fans are simply conspiracy theorists willing to believe bullshit. Not the smartest people IMO.

This whole fixed fight debate is a distraction from what really should have been discussed.

Why is Floyd boxing someone under MMA label?

We already know he is good enough to outbox someone who has no professional boxing experience at top level.

We already seen him in boxing plenty of times.

Whats intriguing about fights like this, honestly? Why should anyone be excited to watch?

He’s retired from fighting. Nothing wrong with exhibitions.
Many former boxers have done this. The most familiar name would be hmmm. Muhammad Ali.
He fought Lyle alzsdo in a boxing exhibition.
Amongst others.
Nobody was complaini About it. People obviously took it for what it was. An entertaining little fight.
Go watch that and then complian about it and complain about
Overrated Ali was and he can’t dispose of an aggressive nfl lineman That’s what guys like you do. Becauseeveruthing is personally offensive and an outrage
To you.

Today’s “fight fans” complain about everything.
It’s a fun matchup that is meant to be fun.
He’s retired from the highest levels of prizefigthing.

If it bothers you so much. Just don’t watch. It.
Or tune in and enjoy the show.

In those two head shots the left and right by Floyd hitting Tenshin............... the answer good be "Vertigo".

One shot to the side of the head in the instance of gaining stability then suddenly hit again on the other side is enough to shock the brain into loss of balance.

Where the signal to the ear lobes struggle to receive the signal to gain stability.

I know Floyd has good recoiling snap to his punches so that might be the actual case when Tenshin falls back like that looking like his faking it.

Lol. Vertigo doesnt make your legs kick out to the air. Holy fuck ppl it was staged.

150 lbs fighter with 50 pro boxing bouts facing 125 lbs fighter with zero pro boxing bouts and it is not fix?

It looked fixed to me. I'm not saying it needed to be fixed for Floyd to win, but the knockdowns looked VERY exaggerated.

Observation 1 - Floyd didn't train at all. He looked fat, and he even said he didn't train at all.

Observation 2 - Tenshin was overselling the shit out of every knockdown.

Observation 3 - A lot of people are now talking about Rizin, which I believe was the intended purpose.

It looked like a $9 million dollar commercial for Rizin starring Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. If it wasn't fixed, and Floyd didn't know he would win, he would've been in shape. Floyd is an ego maniac. There is absolutely no chance he would ever show up to an actual fight out of shape. He would not give himself a chance to get caught with a wild punch, period.

I know it was technically an exhibition, but he had to know people were gonna see it. There's no way he would risk losing by not being as sharp as possible. I say it looked fixed. Japan is known to fix fights, and this wasn't even an actual fight. The whole purpose was to get more eyes on Rizin, which worked. Floyd gets paid, Rizin gets exposure. Everybody wins.

No judges, so a "winner" has to be by knockout. Three minutes a round for three rounds.

If Floyd doesn't knock Tenshin out, he looks bad, especially considering his advantages of experience, weight, and reach. It's an exhibition match so people just want entertainment. No one really expects Tenshin to win. Tenshin gets paid. Floyd will only fight for $9 million if it is 100% risk free (even a tie in an exhibition match would make him look bad).

Tenshin could have easily danced around the ring for 9 minutes without being KO'd if he wanted a draw. If he did, he would look like a champ - tied with the best ever.

Add all this up, it's likely there was some fixing of the final outcome. Would Floyd have won anyway? Probably. But people were entertained, Floyd was paid, Tenshin was paid, it's business.

Professional UFC Analyst is a known plagiarist.

Professional UFC Analyst is a known shill.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

ClassicGreedyConch-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

NeedyCelebratedAfricanpiedkingfisher-max-1mb.gif
First and second gif's are embarassing.

Has anyone explained why if this was a fixed fight, Floyd won?

Nop. Narrative has been set. "duurh Floyd is shady, Japan is shady hurr.."

Floyd would never take a fight like this unless the outcome was guaranteed. It was an exhibition. It gave rizin the most publicity they have ever got. Win-win. There are some seriously delusional people on here who throw fits when what they believe is questioned. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just because you think something doesn't make it so, and just because you throw some childish insults doesn't mean your right.

Oh yeah because the outcome wasn't guaranteed, being the best boxer on earth, fighting against someone with 0 boxing fights, who he outweighs by 20 pounds, hahaha. Jesus christ, people have no logical sense.

You are free to disagree and I respect that...but I've been watching boxing for literally decades...I've watch some of the best of all time fight. sugar ray robinson...i was around when ray leonard fought duran for the first time...and I thought those punches looked pulled...just my opinion...it's a tough call either way...

I don't think it's a tough call. I'm in the same boat. I've been watching boxing since I was in diapers. The punches looked pulled to me too...especially the ones that "caused" knockdowns.

Nop. Narrative has been set. "duurh Floyd is shady, Japan is shady hurr.."

Oh yeah because the outcome wasn't guaranteed, being the best boxer on earth, fighting against someone with 0 boxing fights, who he outweighs by 20 pounds, hahaha. Jesus christ, people have no logical sense.

You have to consider the rules of the exhibition. There are no judges, so Floyd would need a KO to win. If Tenshin was set on not losing and wanted a draw, he could have danced around the ring for 9 minutes.

Floyd would never take a fight like this unless the outcome was guaranteed. It was an exhibition. It gave rizin the most publicity they have ever got. Win-win. There are some seriously delusional people on here who throw fits when what they believe is questioned. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just because you think something doesn't make it so, and just because you throw some childish insults doesn't mean your right.

...exactly, just because you believe it was fixed... doesn't make it so. sorry to burst your bubble.

Why would it need to be? Floyd could have gotten that result regardless.

You have to consider the rules of the exhibition. There are no judges, so Floyd would need a KO to win. If Tenshin was set on not losing and wanted a draw, he could have danced around the ring for 9 minutes.

He absolutely couldn't the ring was tiny, and Floyds ring coverage is way too good. He'd get way worse publicity from running around the ring like a pussy, than standing and fighting. The "draw" in an exitbitions match makes 0 difference anyway, everyone knows that. Awful argument.

Why would you fix this fight when Mayweather can easily KO this guy in 1 round regardless?

Haven't heard 1 single coherent argument that explains why the fight was fixed. All I saw was a 20 year old kickboxer getting destroyed by the former #1 P4P boxer, IN BOXING.

I'm the smartest person on this forum by far. And nah the fight wasn't fixed. Just a huge mismatch. This is what happens when you put a kid with limited boxing experience up against one of the best boxers of all time. And Floyd also had a massive size advantage on top of that.

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.

Schaub is an idiot. Sonnen is smarter, but talks out of his ass most of the time and gets half of his predictions wrong. Before this shitshow happened, Chael did multiple videos calling Floyd stupid for going through with the fight, and he claimed that Tenshin was going to win a gift decision.

I've never seen Ariel do legit fight analysis.

Rory is the only person you mentioned whose opinion I'd value on the subject.

I don't think it's a tough call. I'm in the same boat. I've been watching boxing since I was in diapers. The punches looked pulled to me too...especially the ones that "caused" knockdowns.

Agreed...I recently watched a video of when floyd "fought" the big show in the wwe...now, floyd hit the big show...but he obviously pulled the shots not to cause too much damage, but to make it look somewhat real...this is how this fight looked to me...he simply pulled his punches...

He absolutely couldn't the ring was tiny, and Floyds ring coverage is way too good. He'd get way worse publicity from running around the ring like a pussy, than standing and fighting. The "draw" in an exitbitions match makes 0 difference anyway, everyone knows that. Awful argument.

It's not just about his actual boxing record, it's about his image. In my mind, Floyd wouldn't risk damage to his brand for $9 million. Why fight some no-name from Japan if there's even the slightest risk for that small sum of money? But if the fight is fixed, Floyd takes his 9 mil risk-free, Tenshin gets some money, people are entertained, it's good business.

Mind you, "fixing" in a fight like this probably just means Tenshin was advised to go straight at Mayweather and engage instead of dancing, nothing fancy, and Mayweather would do the rest. If Tenshin wanted a "draw", he clearly could have at least TRIED to dance around to stay in the fight, which he didn't.

I'm not saying 100% the fight was fixed. But there clearly are some incentives for the fight to be fixed that people are ignoring.

What exactly should have happened in that fight if it wasnt fixed?

Tenshin knocks out Floyd?
Tenshin goes the distance but gets dominated?
Tenshin goes the distance and its a close fight?
Tenshin goes the distance and dominates?

I feel like the likeliest of all scenarios transpired and people still calling bullshit
The first one obviously.

Back