Rogan Doesn't Think Floyd Mayweather/Tenshin Nasukawa Fight Was Fixed

No fix at all, look at that 2nd knockdown, Floyd caught him hard and flush and Tenshin dropped hard.

It was very easy money for Floyd, fighting a can who is also the size of a 11 year old kid. !!! wait wait wait stop you tell me !!! Tenshin is no can, he is a undefeated kickboxer, yeah thats right "kickboxer". He has zero pro boxing fights, none, he is a can in boxing. It was a boxing match and he has no chance at all. Easiest money of Floyds career.

Floyd could have beat that tiny kid blindfolded

Also, instead of asking whether the fight was fixed, ask: why WOULDN'T the fight be fixed? It's an exhibition, there is no governing body regulating fixing in such a match, business is the primary consideration. $$ is king.

Why fix a fight for the huge favourite to win on foreign soil?

Yeah the knock downs look silly.

Go watch Tyson and Trevor Berbick and look at the second knockdown.

Or watch Judah doing the chicken dance vs Tszyu after being knocked down.

Floyd hits HARDER than he gets credit for. He blasted guys all arounf the ring in his early career. He pulled his punches later on due to hand injuries. Don't forget when floyd fought at 147/154 he gave away quite a bit of weight against many of his opponents.

FFS he likely had a good 20lbs on the kid.

Chael is a troll and Brendan is an idiot.

It's not just about his actual boxing record, it's about his image. In my mind, Floyd wouldn't risk damage to his brand for $9 million. Why fight some no-name from Japan if there's even the slightest risk for that small sum of money? But if the fight is fixed, Floyd takes his 9 mil risk-free, Tenshin gets some money, people are entertained, it's good business.

Mind you, "fixing" in a fight like this probably just means Tenshin was advised to go straight at Mayweather and engage instead of dancing, nothing fancy, and Mayweather would do the rest. If Tenshin wanted a "draw", he clearly could have at least TRIED to dance around to stay in the fight, which he didn't.

I'm not saying 100% the fight was fixed. But there clearly are some incentives for the fight to be fixed that people are ignoring.

Fighters are extreme risk takers and the odds of Tenshin causing any damage at all in that fight was almost 0. Mayweather is desperate for attention to keep himself relevant, so doing this for $9M isn't strange to me.

Also there was no chance that Tenshin would be able to dance around. He'd get cut off and KO'd bad regardless of what he did.

ClassicGreedyConch-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

NeedyCelebratedAfricanpiedkingfisher-max-1mb.gif

The .... air(?) knocked him down ....?

Fighters are extreme risk takers and the odds of Tenshin causing any damage at all in that fight was almost 0. Mayweather is desperate for attention to keep himself relevant, so doing this for $9M isn't strange to me.

For Mayweather wanting the publicity, that's plausible, but I don't think Mayweather is prone to taking extreme risks without adequate reward. He's a savvy businessman. You don't get to the point where you make $100 mil per fight by not knowing how to gauge risk and reward.

Mayweather wouldn't even expose himself to the CHANCE that he gets wobbled by a non-boxer, that's bad for business, especially in this social media age. I think there's a good chance there was some funny business afoot.

Only complete idiots who doesn't know the sport think this was fixed.

I remember when Cung Le beat Frank Shamrock and several posters were calling it a fixed fight. I thought, “Why would Frank punch Cung so hard and stun him, potentially knock him out, several times if he was trying to lose. Why would Cung kick Frank so hard that his forearm shattered?”

Why would you fix this fight when Mayweather can easily KO this guy in 1 round regardless?

Haven't heard 1 single coherent argument that explains why the fight was fixed. All I saw was a 20 year old kickboxer getting destroyed by the former #1 P4P boxer, IN BOXING.

What if we change the word "fixed" to "predetermined"? I get it. To say "it was fixed" insinuates the guy that won wasn't expected to win.

Imagine this scenario...Rizin comes to Floyd and says, "we want you on our NYE card.". Floyd says, "I'm retired. I'm enjoying retirement. I don't feel like training for a fight. You can't afford me. I'm not interested." Rizin comes back with, "What if we told you that you don't need to train?" Floyd says, "I'm listening". Rizin says, "We will pay you $9 mil to promote Rizin. You'll have an exhibition with one of our guys. He'll go down in the first. We just want to promote our brand world wide. You're a big superstar and we believe you can give us some good exposure. We don't want to damage your reputation or try to embarrass you." Floyd says, "Ok, sounds good. See you in December."

I believe it was more of a business transaction than anything else.

For Mayweather wanting the publicity, that's plausible, but I don't think Mayweather is prone to taking extreme risks without adequate reward. He's a savvy businessman. You don't get to the point where you make $100 mil per fight by not knowing how to gauge risk and reward.

Mayweather wouldn't even expose himself to the CHANCE that he gets wobbled by a non-boxer, that's bad for business, especially in this social media age. I think there's a good chance there was some funny business afoot.

He has spent his entire life competing in a sport where people get severe permanent brain damage and die, I'm pretty sure he was willing to take the risk against an amateur boxer for $9M. That's a lot of fucking money even if you're worth half a billion.

How would you even go about fixing a fight in this day and age? Make sure that just your manager and their manager (that you never met) knows about it and hope that everybody shuts up until they die?

What if we change the word "fixed" to "predetermined"? I get it. To say "it was fixed" insinuates the guy that won wasn't expected to win.

Imagine this scenario...Rizin comes to Floyd and says, "we want you on our NYE card.". Floyd says, "I'm retired. I'm enjoying retirement. I don't feel like training for a fight. You can't afford me. I'm not interested." Rizin comes back with, "What if we told you that you don't need to train?" Floyd says, "I'm listening". Rizin says, "We will pay you $9 mil to promote Rizin. You'll have an exhibition with one of our guys. He'll go down in the first. We just want to promote our brand world wide. You're a big superstar and we believe you can give us some good exposure. We don't want to damage your reputation or try to embarrass you." Floyd says, "Ok, sounds good. See you in December."

I believe it was more of a business transaction than anything else.

And Mayweather would trust these strangers to never say a word about it? Sure..

It was predetermined in the sense that everybody including Tenshin knew it was a ridiculous mismatch that would end whenever Mayweather felt like finishing.

What makes it suspect is the animated movements when the kid goes down. Flailing

He has spent his entire life competing in a sport where people get severe permanent brain damage and die, I'm pretty sure he was willing to take the risk against an amateur boxer for $9M. That's a lot of fucking money even if you're worth half a billion.

How would you even go about fixing a fight in this day and age? Make sure that just your manager and their manager (that you never met) knows about it and hope that everybody shuts up until they die?
MSGA's post above is a plausible rundown of how the fix happened and the incentive behind it.

It was predetermined in the sense that everybody including Tenshin knew it was a ridiculous mismatch that would end whenever Mayweather felt like finishing.

That's the beauty of it, if it's just an exhibition, it's really not such a big deal if it were fixed. The point is to entertain and make $ and increase publicity.

Has anyone explained why if this was a fixed fight, Floyd won?
Why would Mayweather take a dive for 9million? Now that is completely insane.

For the record, I believe this fight was a work, and all of the circumstances surrounding the fight are fishy as fuck. The way the fight played out was fishy as fuck.

Do people really think Mayweather would risk ANYTHING for 9 million? It was an exhibition, like his fucking WWE appearance.

I'm not saying Nasukawa would have won if they actually fought, or even that it would have been competitive. I'm just saying it was a fake, an "exhibition" intended to get people talking about RIZIN.

And it worked.

It was an exhibition. It doesn't go on anybody's record. It's not sanctioned. It was entertainment. I'm sure there were guarantees made that word would never get out.

Again, I'm not saying Mayweather wouldn't win in a real boxing match anyway. I'm saying he wouldn't have only taken $9 mil for having another man legit try to take his head off. He also wouldn't have come in fat and out of shape if it was real.

This whole fixed fight debate is a distraction from what really should have been discussed.

Why is Floyd boxing someone under MMA label?

We already know he is good enough to outbox someone who has no professional boxing experience at top level.

We already seen him in boxing plenty of times.

Whats intriguing about fights like this, honestly? Why should anyone be excited to watch?
I see your point. But I do like watching these, because I can enjoy a one sided beatdown even if it was predictable, also I relish in seeing one of the greatest ever fight, even if it's against bums because there is always something you can learn.

Why would Mayweather take a dive for 9million? Now that is completely insane.

For the record, I believe this fight was a work, and all of the circumstances surrounding the fight are fishy as fuck. The way the fight played out was fishy as fuck.

Do people really think Mayweather would risk ANYTHING for 9 million? It was an exhibition, like his fucking WWE appearance.

I'm not saying Nasukawa would have won if they actually fought, or even that it would have been competitive. I'm just saying it was a fake, an "exhibition" intended to get people talking about RIZIN.

And it worked.
But if you're going to risk fixing a fight, it would make more sense for Floyd to lose thus setting up a trilogy that would bring in a fuck ton of money.

Yeah, like Rory McDonald, Ariel Helwani, Chael Sonnen, Brendan Schaub...

Complete idiots indeed, who know nothing about fighting on top of that.

Rory McDonald is literally, actually brain damaged. Chael Sonnen is just the straw that stirs the drink, and Brendan Schaub is a dipshit - that's not a great team of honesty and critical thinking you've assembled.

If you think the fight was fixed you should stop watching combat sports. At no time do you understand what's happening on your TV screen and you are wasting your time. Find another sport to watch.

But you probably won't understand that one either.

Back