Media Rockhold tries to hurt training partner

This is how Luke has always sparred, with anyone, not just someone who's "not on his level"

People who are about to spar Luke know what they're getting themselves into, I see nothing wrong with this.

I hate when a vet just beats the snot out of the new guys in the gym, just to inflate there egos

Meh. Still arrogant with his hands down and chin forward
SpicyMiniatureGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif
He wears his cock on his sleeve

Dick move. He clearly stung him with that combo, then proceeds to throw a hard straight punch.

He definitely cracked him; a bit hard in my opinion as well for sparring; we also don't know the context though -- the golden rule for sparring at any gym I have ever trained at is don't hit someone any harder than you would want to be hit. But yeah, in that clip, it certainly seems a bit much for sparring. I've never been a fan of knocking people out in sparring -- it happens sometimes on accident, but it's not a sustainable way to train in my experience.
My sensei used to knock people out on level up day so he could sell them the same belt 2-3 times

Arrogant asshole. hope his next fight he gets KO; the bisping KO gets sweeter by the day.

Chill guys, i think the other guy knows what he sign up for.

Rockhold and Jackson (fights in bellator)

Look up other Luke Rockhold sparring videos, he's a maniac. The post above me shows the best one; it's Rockhold and a welterweight basically fighting, not giving a damn about anyone else on the mats either.

lol at people giving Rockhold the benefit of the doubt here.

There have been multiple videos of him being a prick in sparring. There was a sparring video that Sanford MMA uploaded a few years ago where Rockhold purposley liver kicks a guy as soon as he sees the camera start to focus on him.

There is also a video of him and Jason Jackson going a hundred miles an hour in sparring, as well as another video of him throwing every shot 100% against a guy who was clearly several levels below him before the 2nd Bisping fight.

The point of sparring is to get you sharp for a fight, not to make you chinny and hurt your training partners.

And people wonder why he's getting KO'd or rocked in every fight.

Last edited:
I’d like to know who from AKA or Luke’s entourage told him he has good boxing.

Maybe Luke was being a douche (and I wouldn't be surprised if people think he is one either way) but I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about him as a training partner.

Maybe the other guy spars hard too and Luke just so happened to get the better of him in this exchange.

I just don't think there's enough context to make a judgement either way.
Every once and awhile we come across someone on the forums who is sensible and smart unlike the rest of us.

I think that's how the samurai trained in feudal Japan, no?

well am I only one who thinks Rockhold is going too hard against this guy? The guy clearly not on Rockhold's level but Luke hitting him as hard as he can. How can people not check their ego?

hes got to take it out on someone , hes forgotten what its like to win after being laid out so many times now.
First class flog, cant wait for him to be flattened again.

I love the look on Luke's face whenever he gets tagged hard. He should enter the cage with a rose in his mouth and do a little shuffle when they announce his name.

well am I only one who thinks Rockhold is going too hard against this guy? The guy clearly not on Rockhold's level but Luke hitting him as hard as he can. How can people not check their ego?

looks normal to me. Pros spar a little harder than hobbyists. But it didn’t look like Rockhold was going for the Ko.

Back