Media Rockhold tries to hurt training partner

Maybe Luke was being a douche (and I wouldn't be surprised if people think he is one either way) but I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about him as a training partner.

Maybe the other guy spars hard too and Luke just so happened to get the better of him in this exchange.

I just don't think there's enough context to make a judgement either way.

And that right there is why Luke Rockhold cannot hang anymore with the tip of the spear. Hands all the way down because he’s cocky because he’s safe sparring guys like that.

Find better sparring partners and see if you can drop your hands to your waist after landing a three piece and then throwing a straight left hand from your cock. You’ll be KO’d. Again.

Seriously, that left hand came from below his waistline and went straight back down below his waistline. This is not an elite fighter.

Hopefully that’s old footage cuz I want to see this man succeed but if not, he’ll probably never change

The tattoo dude just threw a hard right at him.

Meh. Still arrogant with his hands down and chin forward
SpicyMiniatureGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

well am I only one who thinks Rockhold is going too hard against this guy? The guy clearly not on Rockhold's level but Luke hitting him as hard as he can. How can people not check their ego?

He definitely cracked him; a bit hard in my opinion as well for sparring; we also don't know the context though -- the golden rule for sparring at any gym I have ever trained at is don't hit someone any harder than you would want to be hit. But yeah, in that clip, it certainly seems a bit much for sparring. I've never been a fan of knocking people out in sparring -- it happens sometimes on accident, but it's not a sustainable way to train in my experience.

It's a 3 second video and the guy didn't even look hurt or phased

Ehhm. Full contact sparring. Happens in most camps once every week.

Back