Rockhold Could Retire Right Now and Easily be a Top 2-3 All Time Middleweight

The weidman fight was pretty even up till the chris threw the fight away when he threw some spinning something

I agree with everything except "rankings are only legit when they talk about the present"

They're not legit now at all. They can't be. UFC has 114 LW's listed on their website. They fight on average twice a year each. There's nowhere close to enough data to honestly say where fighters rank.

When Cody Pfister lost to Sage he dropped about 150 spots on MMAmatrix' ranking... That's insane, they work OK when you get to the top 10-15 people but that's all.
They basically exist for marketing purposes.

Fighter A vs Fighter B (who cares)
Fighter A (4) vs. Fighter B (8)... well, that could be interesting... #4 vs. #8

That's a pretty good point. I think I might change what I said to something along the lines of "rankings mean sh*t" hahah. I agree with you.

Vitor has a better resumé
Yes, no doubt, but not at MW. If he beats Jacare, then maybe we can talk. But Vitor's career is so impressive owing to his runs in 3 divisions and longevity.

Rockhold is a phenomenal fighter and 8f noy remembered for his personality or antics he should most definatly be remembered for the skill and level of challenge he belong to anyone he fights.

I dont think you could put hin THAT high but he certainly has the potential to do it and hes not THAT far away

MW's the one division of the big 5 where a relatively meager resume can still be good enough for this. Franklin being a prime example with his best wins probably being a close to his prime Okami and a shopworn Wand. Anderson being clear cut #1, while after that every position is debatable. Even if you have just 14 fights.

Weidman looked like he got mauled by a bear after that fight. Luke destroyed him on the ground, the place where Weidman was supposed to be better. Also he was still very green for the Jacare fight.

Still it's complete bullshit that he dominated Jacare. He almost lost that fight

No.

Andersen
Dan Henderson
Vitor
Ace Franklin
Frank Shamrock
Weidman

Will all be remembered before Rockhold.

There is absolutely no way u can compare Franklin or Shamrock to Rockhold. He's halfway through his career and is already light years beyond them in talent and resume.

He's also beat better fighters than Hendo and Weidmann, at mw.

I'd say

Anderson
Vitor
Rockhold
Hendo

Top 2/3 of ALL TIME?? Errr ..

Q27IimN.gif

OP reeks of fanboi desperation.

0 title defenses.

ya he should retire cuz hes so boring.

You're not in MW GOAT contention until you beat TRTVitor.

Now which of them actually have a better mw resume?
All of them.
Franklin - Wand (2x), Marvin Eastman, Evan Tanner (2x), Jorge Rivera, Ken Shamrock, Chuck, the Crow, Nate the Rock, Okami. 4 former champs (Pride/UFC) he's beaten. Losses Vitor, Lyoto, AS, Dan, Cung Le, Forest.

Frank - a pioneer in the mma game. Wins over Bas, Inoue, Jeremy Horn, Kevin Jackson, Tiger White, Tito, Funaki. Names that might not mean much nowadays but carried weight in the past.

If he beats Weidman again I think he locks a spot up above him but Maia, Machida, AS, and Vitor will always look good. His win over Machida will always look better than Rockhold's.

Do I have to go through AS and Vitor?

Back