Roberto Duran vs Tito Trinidad at 147 Prime vs Prime

Duran was a LW in his prime but even if he moved up to 147 I give it to Tito.

When it comes to Oscar at 147, Tito essentially already beat "prime De La Hoya". DLH was undefeated and coming off the war with Quartey, IIRC. Tito puts Robinson and Pacquiao to sleep.

Leonard and Floyd have a good chance of beating him though.

maybe pac i guess its like 50/50 but,
tito puts robinson to sleep? alright than

When it comes to Oscar at 147, Tito essentially already beat "prime De La Hoya". DLH was undefeated and coming off the war with Quartey, IIRC. Tito puts Robinson and Pacquiao to sleep.

Leonard and Floyd have a good chance of beating him though.

Tito didn't have anything for oscar. Oscar beat himself by listening to his absurd corner advice to stay away. Even with running oscar arguably still should of won.

Tito pitting SRR to sleep is funny. Robinson had an iron chin.

PAC dances circles around Tito with too much footwork and speed. 147 and lower PAC takes him with too much output and side to side movement.. 154 and up different story.

Intriguing matchup. Duran is a good boxer but loved to get inside and brawl. Had a granite chin and of course hands of stone. Tito has some of the biggest power at any weight. Slow starter but had good techinque and precise punches. Could be outboxed as seen in the oscar and bhop fights but duran would probably choose to fight him not box with him.

Anyyyywayyys i got duran by a late stoppage. Thoughts?

A fun fight, but Duran was , IMO, at his best at lightweight. He went up in weight for the money fights and cuz he'll fight anything (dude punched a horse). Tito was at his best at 147. Don't know how it would go but Tito has the advantage at that weight.

I've been thinking about mythical matches lately as well.

I think Tito vs Hearns would be a better match. More equal size and both would throw down.

Duran vs JCC sr at 135/40 battle of the best Latino fighters ever and at their best weights.

Kosta Tzyu vs Floyd at 140. Heavy handed fighter who closes off the ring against a defense master.

Duran beats Tito.
Hearns beats Tito
JCC sr beats Duran.
Floyd beats Tzyu

Tito all day. He was way to strong for that weight class and if you stood in front of him you were probably getting put out

Pac aint beating a prime tito that shit is absurd.

what great fights at 147 does pac have that makes you think he can beat one of the best ever at 147.

Tito didn't have anything for oscar. Oscar beat himself by listening to his absurd corner advice to stay away. Even with running oscar arguably still should of won.

Ah, so he had nothing for Oscar but the outcome is arguable. Got it.

Tito pitting SRR to sleep is funny. Robinson had an iron chin.

So did Troy Waters and he didn't make it a round. Your chin doesn't matter when you face Tito. His power > your chin, nine times outta ten.You gotta make him miss. Floyd can do that. Leonard can do that. Duran can do that.

Robinson can't.

PAC dances circles around Tito with too much footwork and speed. 147 and lower PAC takes him with too much output and side to side movement.. 154 and up different story.

Pacquiao can't land punches on Tito without getting hit himself and if Tito hits him, it's lights out.

Ah, so he had nothing for Oscar but the outcome is arguable. Got it.

So did Troy Waters and he didn't make it a round. Your chin doesn't matter when you face Tito. His power > your chin, nine times outta ten.You gotta make him miss. Floyd can do that. Leonard can do that. Duran can do that.

Robinson can't.

Pacquiao can't land punches on Tito without getting hit himself and if Tito hits him, it's lights out.

your robinson analogy is amongst the stupidest things i have ever heard

Tito would get the W over anyone with the judges who picked him over ODLH, providing it goes the distance of course.

Duran. Faster, more technicical fighter than tito.

Im not saying duran is the goat but i think he beats tito. And he beats chavez too.

Chavez was a childhood favourite while growing up but Chavez never thought anyone on durans level. Tito has fought better competition than chavez has fought

Last edited:
It appears that what a game pitbull is to Mayberry, Duran is to the Boxing Forum.

Tito all day. He was way to strong for that weight class and if you stood in front of him you were probably getting put out

You do realize that Duran's defense IS under rated. Duran stood in front of Marvin Hagler for 15 rounds and wasn't hit with any significant punch. Marvelous was a killer at the time, and it wasn't that he lasted 15 rounds it's how he did it.
Duran can brawl with Tito all night without getting hurt, and Tito is no Marvin Hagler, Tito is going to get hurt by Duran punches 100%.

What do you mean?

That people view Duran as an unstoppable machine, although he was clearly outboxed and beaten several times in his career, especially at the weight people pick him to dominate guys like Tito or Floyd.

Duran is a guy that people remember so fondly based on his style that all of his flaws and losses are basically forgiven and considered flukey.

Duran is a guy that people remember so fondly based on his style that all of his flaws and losses are basically forgiven and considered flukey.

i agree they were flukey

i agree they were flukey

Not really. There were certain styles Duran could beat and certain styles he couldn't.

He had problems with good technical fighters early on, near his prime and late in his career.

Back