Roberto Duran vs Tito Trinidad at 147 Prime vs Prime

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Intriguing matchup. Duran is a good boxer but loved to get inside and brawl. Had a granite chin and of course hands of stone. Tito has some of the biggest power at any weight. Slow starter but had good techinque and precise punches. Could be outboxed as seen in the oscar and bhop fights but duran would probably choose to fight him not box with him.

Anyyyywayyys i got duran by a late stoppage. Thoughts?

I've been thinking about mythical matches lately as well.

I think Tito vs Hearns would be a better match. More equal size and both would throw down.

Duran vs JCC sr at 135/40 battle of the best Latino fighters ever and at their best weights.

Kosta Tzyu vs Floyd at 140. Heavy handed fighter who closes off the ring against a defense master.

No ONE in the History of Boxing can beat Tito at 147. Duran would crumble in the later rds

I've been thinking about mythical matches lately as well.

I think Tito vs Hearns would be a better match. More equal size and both would throw down.

Duran vs JCC sr at 135/40 battle of the best Latino fighters ever and at their best weights.

Kosta Tzyu vs Floyd at 140. Heavy handed fighter who closes off the ring against a defense master.

i was more thinking between guys who were opposites in the ring but those are good matchups as well

No ONE in the History of Boxing can beat Tito at 147. Duran would crumble in the later rds

Pretty bit statement about no one in history. Tito was good but definitely beatable.

I could name at least 5 fighters that could beat him at 147.

Pretty bit statement about no one in history. Tito was good but definitely beatable.

I could name at least 5 fighters that could beat him at 147.

He beat Sweet Pea, one of the Slickest Boxers of all time and Tito beat him easy. Only fight Sweet admits to losing.

Arw any one the 5 you thinking of Better than Sweet Pea.

Duran was a lot more versatile and skilled. Duran probably took a better shot, as well. Tito would have a fairly significant size advantage and was likely the bigger puncher at WW. Both had great stamina. I'd favor Duran to win clearly on points in a rugged affair.

Duran was a lot more versatile and skilled. Duran probably took a better shot, as well. Tito would have a fairly significant size advantage and was likely the bigger puncher at WW. Both had great stamina. I'd favor Duran to win clearly on points in a rugged affair.

Duran's the better inside fighter but he doesn't have the power or the wrestling strength to keep the bigger Tito from dictating the distance and at range, I think Duran does "well" defensively, avoiding most shots but Tito cracks him over and over with the shots he does land en route to a stoppage in the 10th -12th, IMO.

Duran's the better inside fighter but he doesn't have the power or the wrestling strength to keep the bigger Tito from dictating the distance and at range, I think Duran does "well" defensively, avoiding most shots but Tito cracks him over and over with the shots he does land en route to a stoppage in the 10th -12th, IMO.

If Duran could dictate the fight with a far more versatile, athletic and skilled opponent in Ray Leonard, he can do it against Tito Trinidad. Duran would rough Tito up, and he could outbox him from the outside, as well. I could see Tito getting dropped a couple times, actually (not stopped, though).

Duran wasn't really prime at 147.

The 4 Horseman. SRL,HEARNS,DURAN,HAGLER
they would fill out mout Rushmore just fine.

But down the Road there would be a even Bigger monumemt. LIKE CRAZY HORSE.

It would be one that would Domiante that planet like the fighter its model after, who dominated everybody he was in the ring with. It would erase the memory of all other Human built momutments just like the fighter its model after, A fighter who re-wrote the history books by being so Great that there is NO Other Fighter in History to Compare him to.It would cast a Shadow over the World like the fighter it was model after cause after he left the sport, it has been in the dark ages. It would be made to last the lenght of the planet just like Rocords of the fighter it made after, Records that can never be broken, Records that are carved in stone like the moutain. The Statue will bring people from All over the world to pay honor to the Greatest Fighter who ever lived. People would Honeymoon there and have sex in its shadow in hope that there child can have a piece of his Greatest.

It would be a mountain in honor of the Lengendary Flex "Tito" Trinidad.

trinidad-365x464.jpg

The 4 Horseman. SRL,HEARNS,DURAN,HAGLER
they would fill out mout Rushmore just fine.

But down the Road there would be a even Bigger monumemt. LIKE CRAZY HORSE.

It would be one that would Domiante that planet like the fighter its model after, who dominated everybody he was in the ring with. It would erase the memory of all other Human built momutments just like the fighter its model after, A fighter who re-wrote the history books by being so Great that there is NO Other Fighter in History to Compare him to.It would cast a Shadow over the World like the fighter it was model after cause after he left the sport, it has been in the dark ages. It would be made to last the lenght of the planet just like Rocords of the fighter it made after, Records that can never be broken, Records that are carved in stone like the moutain. The Statue will bring people from All over the world to pay honor to the Greatest Fighter who ever lived. People would Honeymoon there and have sex in its shadow in hope that there child can have a piece of his Greatest.

It would be a mountain in honor of the Lengendary Flex "Tito" Trinidad.

trinidad-365x464.jpg

came to post this pretty much.

Duran is always the right answer,except against JCC

16_06_2007_215A_800.jpg

Duran had the power and strength to handle Barkley

Duran, people forget that Tito's chin wasn't that strong, and with Duran's power and infighting skills, I can't help but see him land a big shot on him.

I would favor Tito at 147lbs. Anything below I'd take Duran.

Back