Media Robert Whittaker and Volkanovski share their thoughts on Costa weight problem. ”Its complete BS…”

I find it funny how Costa was like "I dont care about weight, any weight, letss fight", like people shouldnt make such a big fuss about weight and just scrap. Yet hes doing everything he can to avoid the big dudes at 205 and be a gigantic MW.

Basically hes saying, Im not gonna fight big guys, but dudes smaller than me should just accept that I'm a lot bigger and fight me at a disadvantage.

How people can be fan of that juicehead is beyond me.

Its weird how Costa is getting killed by the MMA community but a guy like Anthony Johnson or Chuckie Olives or Ray Borg missed weight consistently and all are popular fighters
Anthony Johnson was a bit of a joke on these boards back when he was missing weight, the reaction when he didn't make weight at 185 Vs Belfort eclipses this controversy with Costa. But then AJ went on a crazy tear and all was forgiven. This will all blow over for Costa if he wins a few fights (and makes weight).

Khabib....?
Good spot, he missed for Horcher and Trujilio.
(I looked it up)

So I guess it was prior to that (2018) when no one had gone on to be champ after missing weight. It caught my attention because the UFC had been around for a LONG ass time without, according to that snippet, anyone taking a belt after missing weight on the way up.

Maybe Khabib was the first then.

I can't think of anyone prior to him.

Its weird how Costa is getting killed by the MMA community but a guy like Anthony Johnson or Chuckie Olives or Ray Borg missed weight consistently and all are popular fighters
The reality is that those guys were acting like they did something wrong, for the most part anyways, and apologetic. They were not cocky drunks during fight week.

Costa thinks he’s playing folks but he’s just playing himself. He’s locked into a UFC contract, now he’ll get offers at 205, turn down a few, demand more money, then fight again for $60k/$60k or whatever he makes in a year, and probably lose again.

He’s at a crossroads and he’s playing himself.

It's the attitude. Costa gave zero fucks, blamed Vettori for anything that could happen and also said he was going back to 185lbs while Dana said otherwise.

BTW
Oliveira hasn't missed 155.
Borg is irrelevant.
Crumble missed weight 3 times and lost 2 of those with the last one getting him cut from the UFC.

747655720o0oix.jpg

Shit happens, this is mma.
This picture is photoshop that's not a real height mass reference for these three fighters.

I wonder if anyone but Vettori would have taken that fight.
I mean imagine going into a fight with a fighter that doesn't give a F and is allowed to be much more massive than you.

I still want to see Whittaker vs Costa because I think Whittaker hurts him bad. Costa dodged, or ducked, a bullet when he pulled out of that fight.

It's difficult to trust Costa with any MW fight after this event.
I mean as an organisation, I doubt the UFC gives him the benefit of doubt.

Costa thinks he’s playing folks but he’s just playing himself. He’s locked into a UFC contract, now he’ll get offers at 205, turn down a few, demand more money, then fight again for $60k/$60k or whatever he makes in a year, and probably lose again.
He’s at a crossroads and he’s playing himself.

It would have paid off if he brutally KOed Vettori, which really could have happened.

Back