Robert Whittaker (20-4) vs. Israel Adesanya (17-0)

Whittaker vs. Adesanya

• Total voters
I think Israel catches him early and finishes him

Again this poll is insane. In the Kelvin fight. Everyone was picking Kelvin to win against Adesanya. Now people are doing it again with Whittaker. We already know who's going to win. Its Adesanya and we'll have threads saying he's next big thing. Mark my words.

Rob's a bloated WW.

9466934eb58b232b2ef1aec51e489ea3

#shredded

I fear that the war with Romero + numerous injuries have robbed Whittaker of his prime.

I think the best Whittaker beats the best Israel but I lean towards Adesanya for this one.

Couldn't agree more with you.

Let’s see how Whittaker performs against someone who isn’t an old fucking bat....seriously Whittaker hasn’t beat anyone younger than 35 in years lol
and u think Israel will easily walk through Romero?

and u think Israel will easily walk through Romero?

I think he will with ease. Romero is sloppy sometimes. Israel is like a sniper with striking and i think he maul romero by decision with ease. I think Israel will be champion for a long time until father time hits him and that when we see him lose.

This Just In:

Israel Adesanya +132
Robert Whittaker -152

Bump:

The UFC middleweight title fight everyone has been expecting is now official.

On Friday, the promotion announced that 185-pound champion Robert Whittaker and interim titleholder Israel Adesanya will meet in a unification bout Oct. 5 at UFC 243.

The promotion did not include a location with its announcement on social media. But just last month, UFC president Dana White said to expect a “massive event” in Australia that would feature Whittaker (20-4 MMA, 11-2 UFC) vs. Adesanya (17-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) as the headliner.

“I’m going to put on a fight this fall in Australia that’s going to blow the (expletive) doors off of that country,” White told reporters during the UFC Apex unveiling. “It’s going to be a massive event over there.”

-MMAJunkie

I think izzy wins a very close fight by decision, i think with the yoel fights and bobby’s injuries he isn’t going to be as good as before (he will still be a great fighter if I’m right thou and i hope I’m wrong tbh)

Huge fight in Australia, the numbers for that event should be interesting.

I got Bobby winning this one. I think all this time off will have served him well.

Israel is a super talented guy and a great up and coming star but he's going to get shit kicked by Whittaker.

Gastelum is a decent striker but he's very predictable. And Adesanya still got caught constantly until he gassed. Kelvin does have power but so does Robert. Many forget that he destroyed Jacare in 2 rounds, a fighter whom almost beat Kelvin. This is not MMA math but im just saying that Rob hits hard and is a better striker than Kelvin. This is also the first time that Whittaker will be fighting a striker; (Yoel, Jacare, and Brunson are all credentialed grapplers with good striking ability). This is interesting

Adesanya is gonna finish Whittaker. The Romero fights/injury excuse will be used plenty.

Can anyone explain why Robert was so angry at the face-off today?

As great as Whittaker is, all the evidence leans towards Izzy winning this one.

Whittaker lost to wonderboy, and yes he has looked much better since moving up but Izzy is a bigger, better version of wonderboy. Also Adesanya just beat someone who has almost the exact same style as Whittaker.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Whittaker knocks Izzy out, he has great hands/speed/power but he’s had some tough fights and injuries lately. I see adesanya winning by decision or late TKO.

Back