Robert Whittaker (20-4) vs. Israel Adesanya (17-0)

Whittaker vs. Adesanya

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana White confirms Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker unification for Australia

UFC President Dana White has declared Israel Adesanya's UFC title victory one of the greatest fights he's ever seen as he announced a unification bout with Robert Whittaker will take place in Australia.

There is no date or venue for the fight between Whittaker and Adesanya but White, who also compared Adesanya's rapid rise and huge following in the UFC to controversial former featherweight and lightweight champion Conor McGregor, said it was a "stadium fight, not an arena fight" and confirmed it would be Adesanya's next bout.

"Forget the United States, we're going to Australia with this fight!" White said.

Last edited:
Adesanya wins. I say he finishes whittaker in the later rounds or decision him.

tonight was a fight for the fucking ages but rob seems to be a step ahead imho

Flashy spinning shit isn't going to work on Bob, IMO.

I fear that the war with Romero + numerous injuries have robbed Whittaker of his prime.

I think the best Whittaker beats the best Israel but I lean towards Adesanya for this one.

Robert Via violence .

Really like Israel but Robert is a fucking Cyclone of violence.

I vote whittaker with not a lot of confidence. Best believe ill be flying over to watch it live though

Right now I think Israel wins. Will be rooting for Bobby. Israel is just a tough style match up for him.

I have to go with Whittaker. Gastelum isn't bad but he struggles against anybody that isn't an old man coming off of a loss, Whittaker is legit.

Whittaker had problems with point strikers in the past and his standup game is sloppy. Unless he takes Adesanya to the ground he is going to lose.

As a couple of days ago i said, i favor Israel over Kelvin, Robert over Israel

First point was proven, but i'm kinda sure of the second too

2 days ago I had no reason to believe either of them could compete with Whittaker.

Last night that opinion was reconfirmed.

I fear that the war with Romero + numerous injuries have robbed Whittaker of his prime.

I think the best Whittaker beats the best Israel but I lean towards Adesanya for this one.

Adesanya just had a huge war with KG too so...
Also most of Roberts injuries really are not that serious when compared to other guys. Hernia's and broken hands are not that bad.

Israel struggled against a bloated WW who had a 9 inch reach disadvantage.

Rob destroys him.

If anybody at this point is gonna beat Whittaker standing it's Adesanya. You have to beat him by applying constant effective pressure and I can't see RW doing that. it will be a tough fight and although I would have favored him, I doubt he is gonna return healthy after those Romero wars and more importantly injuries.

Whittaker had problems with point strikers in the past and his standup game is sloppy. Unless he takes Adesanya to the ground he is going to lose.

Rofl you mean he struggled with Wonderboy and hasnt looked anything like the Robert who got ko’d in a div he was starving himself to be in.

Sloppy stand up? U what?

Rofl you mean he struggled with Wonderboy and hasnt looked anything like the Robert who got ko’d in a div he was starving himself to be in.

Sloppy stand up? U what?
Sloppy, just look how he throws punches, he is slow and doesn't move his head.
Uriah Hall was the best striker he fought, everyone else are not strikers or even slower than Bobby.

Back