Robert Whittaker (20-4) vs. Israel Adesanya (17-0)

Whittaker vs. Adesanya

• Total voters
Two things make me feel like Israel will overcome Rob:
1) injuries and inactivity due to it
2) the beating rob took from Romero

It'll be interesting to see if one or both fighters are not what they once were after the damage from their last fight.

Let’s see how Whittaker performs against someone who isn’t an old fucking bat....seriously Whittaker hasn’t beat anyone younger than 35 in years lol

I see the fight ending like the Stephens fight. Doesn't mean I won't be rooting for Bobby Knuckles though.

Right now I think Israel wins. Will be rooting for Bobby. Israel is just a tough style match up for him.

I think Whittaker takes it but I agree the style match up kinda sucks for him. Whittakers is like the Aldo who can handle grapplers like Romero and Jacare who would probably take Adesanya down and dominate him on the ground. But one on one it gets tricky and Adesanya might be the Conor/Holloway to outstrike him. Adesanya struggled with Gastelums boxing, though, so Whittakers boxing might edge it out.

I also like how we had to Dana to sign off on unifying the interim and and ACTUAL championship title. Dana being a retard again.

Right now I think Israel wins. Will be rooting for Bobby. Israel is just a tough style match up for him.
I think the same between him being a tough opponent stylewise period and the fact that Bobby has had so many physical things happen to him.

Whittaker ends the hype. Whittaker is like the second best striker in the UFC behind Bones Jones.

Rob should win this with ease. Kelvin is short and pretty much throws crappy hooks all fight, and Izzy still got rocked and hurt multiple times. In the end it was a damn close fight.

Rob isn't sloppy at all, has an amazing fight IQ, can grapple if he needs to. I think he decisions Izzy with ease.

Adesanya is dangerous but after last night, you have to say Whittaker by KO.

Lasagna struggled against 43 year old Silva and Gastelum who’s a much smaller fighter. I think Bobby Nuckles rearranges his face.

Im leaning towards whittaker. He might not be as fast as gastelum but i think he hits harder and is a better kicker. Gonna be a good one though and im rooting for Israel.

I don't know who I want to win....

Rob is a miles better fighter than fucken Kelvin, so on that basis (flawed as fuck, as it may be), I would put any money on Rob.

If Whittaker is healthy, he's got this.

Two things make me feel like Israel will overcome Rob:
1) injuries and inactivity due to it
2) the beating rob took from Romero

What about the beating Adesanya got from Gastelum .

Gastelum landed some pretty heavy shots in Adesnaya and almost had him as Adesanya was clearly wobbled and stumbled .

Adesanya is hittable what keeps him in the fight is he is used to fighting rounds and this was a kickboxing fight and Gastelum stamina dropped off .

You need to remember Adesanya has been fighting kickboxing for years and had been Ko d as a kick boxer so over the years he has taken a lot of punches to the head.

Do you think Adesanya would be standing after getting hit by Rimeros bombs .

I'd like to see Rob shoot for takedowns in the centre of the cage GSP style .

Back