• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robelis Despaigne only has 6 mma fights, give him 2 more years and nobody is beating him. He has an 87 reach. People are going to catch those hands.

Yeah, he could be the next coming of Stefan Struve.
One thing that is weird with Struve is - he never used his reach for anything, and usually fought short instead of long. It was like he refused to use his physical advantage in any way.

I don't care if he is Stretch Armstrong the guy will crash out of the UFC very soon

if anything he's the one who is going to be catching hands. he might have a long reach but he doesn't use it well. he just wildly flails. he's fast and athletic and whatever but i'd hold up on the hype until we see how reacts when he's in there with another hammer.

People are quick to write fighters off, but who is going to beat him once he develops TDD? He is 6'7 and has an 87 reach. People are going to catch those hands right and left.

Why are grown men always so desperate to have their next "boy?"

"I TOLD YOU 2 YEARS AGO THIS GUY WAS GONNA BE THE GUY. I TOLD YOU! ME! IT WAS ME!

Why are grown men always so desperate to have their next "boy?"

"I TOLD YOU 2 YEARS AGO THIS GUY WAS GONNA BE THE GUY. I TOLD YOU! ME! IT WAS ME!
He has a lot of upsides. The loss was disappointing. Hoping he comes back strong and lives up to potential. He certainly has a ways to go.

Having a reach advantage is no guarantee that you can capitalize on it. Struve being a great example of that.

8rl97i.jpg
The anti-Lovob

People are quick to write fighters off, but who is going to beat him once he develops TDD? He is 6'7 and has an 87 reach. People are going to catch those hands right and left.
If he wasn't so "old" he would truely be a prospect, but as it, he will have to improve at an insanly fast pace to be anything but a mid fighter.

I am looking forwards to seeing how he does in the future.

I want him to be good but I am not sure about all that. He'll crack top 10 for atleast not being another lard in HW

Give him time. The kid is basically just a kid.

Give the guy five years of intensive grappling training and you will have the goat of the goats

Even on the feet he looked average , having a long reach does not make everything

Back