Roan Carneiro Injured; Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall Official @ UFN Japan (Poll)

big stepup for Hall I wonder if Mousasis gonna come in with the same gameplan he used against Costas

Very excited for this, been wanting this fight for awhile

Prove it.

A burden of proof is on your shoulder, my friend. You are the one claiming "rankings does not matter", while the common perception is they do.

Im making it easy for you. Just admit that there is a lower chance on average that number 26 ranked fighter, for example, gets a match up against a champion, than number 2 ranked fighter. If you admit that then you have to admit that your statement is false. If you cant admit it, then you are just an idiot who cant admit his own brain farts.

Wow, only a striker's chance to win for Hall. Damn tough matchup.

Last edited:
A burden of proof is on your shoulder, my friend. You are the one claiming "rankings does not matter", while the common perception is they do.

Im making it easy for you. Just admit that there is a lower chance on average that number 26 ranked fighter, for example gets a match up against a champion, than number 2 ranked fighter. If you admit that then you have to admit that your statement is false. If you cant admit it, then you are just an idiot who cant admit his own brain farts.

Fighters will tell you that rankings don't matter. It's not just me saying this

A lot better. Didnt care for the other guy that...shit, what was his name again?

both of them are bad matchups, imo this fight came to early in their careers

if Mousasi gets caught, he'll officially lose all hope of him getting to the top 5, if Uriah loses than he'll be looked at as a journeyman.

Interesting fight, but Mousasi should take it.

Hall needs lower-level squash matches for impressive KOs. Against a technician like Mousasi, he's going to be in trouble.

Hall's greatest moment was getting KOed by Weidman in ROC.

When this opens up in tryna put in money asap

strange, strange fight. I expect Gegard to submit at some point.

Prove it.

Not woth the time to do the research, but i would wager that the majority of fighters getting titleshots are ranked top 5, but if a champ has already beaten that top 5, that it would be a top ten (see Rousey vs Bethe). I dont remember to many sub top 15 fighters getting a TS. So if im ranked 16th in my weightclass, rankings WILL matter, as i wont get a TS if i dont climb the ladder.

Most times, after a lower top 10 fighter wins, when asked who they want next, theyll ask for a top 5, or a fighter ranked ahead, to move them closer to a TS. So it seems to matter to them.

Also if youve been ranked top 10 for many years, its something to mention when talking legacy. Like Hendo being in the top 10 for over a decade, Fedor being ranked number one for so many years, etc.

If rankings dont matter, a ko over Pat Barry and a ko over JDS are the same, just a ko. Not a ko over a (past) top 20 and a ko over a top 2-3 hw.

Back