Roan Carneiro Injured; Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall Official @ UFN Japan (Poll)

Hall has an awesome tendency to win easy fights big and lose every other fight he gets. Point and case, my friends.

Come on, Uriah, apply all that motivational speech nonsense to yourself and unleash the killer inside!

Seems a tad early for Hall to be getting this fight, and honestly seems like a step backwards for Gegard

Uriah in theory has the skillset to beat Mousasi. But he is even more inconsistent and not as mentally strong as Mousasi.

Moose has never been KO'd before in 42 fights. I can't really recall him ever being wobbled or rocked either, but I'm probably just forgetting an instance like that time I forgot Condit was dropped by Ellenberger.

I doubt Vitor or Bisping want any part of Mousasi (Vitor has ducked him before, no offense to a legend). Leites would be a good fight. Maybe it's the short notice or maybe some guys don't want to fight in Japan due to the jet lag.

Jacare seemed to hurt him. But yea, Moose is still one of the mma chins yet to REALLY be cracked.

I picked Moose, i think he out jabs/ out points Uriah. I can see this being boring tho, and MAYBE Hall landing the bigger, or flashier strikes.

Maybe a controversial SD.

Uriah in theory has the skillset to beat Mousasi. But he is even more inconsistent and not as mentally strong as Mousasi.

He's not as skilled as Mousasi either

That's not to say he can't win, but he's struggling with mid level opposition and it's not just mental

Last edited:
And some lower ranked fighters, after a victory, will ask for a higher ranked opponent next. Or specifically a top 5 or top 10 fighter.

Ive said all this before though, and you continue to postwhore with "rankings dont matter", when you know they do to an extent.

Yea, theyre not the be all end all, but by majority they do.
Don't waste your time, mate.

Moose has never been KO'd before in 42 fights. I can't really recall him ever being wobbled or rocked either, but I'm probably just forgetting an instance like that time I forgot Condit was dropped by Ellenberger.

which is why i said " upset " knockout.

think jacare might've clipped him a few times but i haven't gone back to watch it, i just remember jacare beating mousasi in the standup and landing a few good shots.

no he didnt

giphy.gif

Not woth the time to do the research, but i would wager that the majority of fighters getting titleshots are ranked top 5, but if a champ has already beaten that top 5, that it would be a top ten (see Rousey vs Bethe). I dont remember to many sub top 15 fighters getting a TS. So if im ranked 16th in my weightclass, rankings WILL matter, as i wont get a TS if i dont climb the ladder.

Most times, after a lower top 10 fighter wins, when asked who they want next, theyll ask for a top 5, or a fighter ranked ahead, to move them closer to a TS. So it seems to matter to them.

Also if youve been ranked top 10 for many years, its something to mention when talking legacy. Like Hendo being in the top 10 for over a decade, Fedor being ranked number one for so many years, etc.

If rankings dont matter, a ko over Pat Barry and a ko over JDS are the same, just a ko. Not a ko over a (past) top 20 and a ko over a top 2-3 hw.

Title shots aren't the only fights where people try to argue that rankings mean something. Hall vs Mousasi is a perfect example.

Your JDS vs Pat Barry example is bullshit, because you're explicitly implying that rankings mean something as a means to qualify JDS being more "important" win than Pat Barry right there in your example.

Jacare seemed to hurt him. But yea, Moose is still one of the mma chins yet to REALLY be cracked.

I picked Moose, i think he out jabs/ out points Uriah. I can see this being boring tho, and MAYBE Hall landing the bigger, or flashier strikes.

Maybe a controversial SD.

Jacare frustrated him, maybe stung him with some big punches, but Moose didn't look rocked. I hope fighting in front of the Japanese fans again will be enough motivation for him to shine. 42 fights and he's only 30 and his chin is still solid. Gotta support him.

This fight will go to the ground instantly, and mousasi will dominate. Uriah will bitch-up like he always does and lose. mousasi is a immortal lock for you betters.

think jacare might've clipped him a few times but i haven't gone back to watch it, i just remember jacare beating mousasi in the standup and landing a few good shots.
Jacare beat Mousasi standing because of the fear of the takedown. Hall doesn't have that advantage, so that would be an ENORMOUS upset if Hall got he win.

Don't waste your time, mate.

Yea i know.

Ive suggested he just put "rankings dont matter" as a sig. Its gotta be 80% of his posts. He is otherwise an ok poster tho. Should be in a sticky as dub worthy, like "rickson by armbar" is (was?).

He could get an upset win, but no way by any form of KO. That wouldn't be an upset, that would be against the laws of nature.

Back