Rizin, Bellator, PFL and ONE, Which Promotion Will Die First?

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
i hope they all stick around, but if i had to pick one of these, i would go with RIZIN

and hey, nobody is talking about it, but FNG is dying too, that would be my #1 pick in reality, soon enough RCC will take over them at this rhythm
ONE is as big as the UFC but people in this hemisphere will never grasp that.
lol, no

maybe bigger than UFC in a few South Asian countries, but that's pretty much it, ONE has failed again and again to enter the Japanese market, and UFC's Chinese events have all been successful, UFC will dominate the Chinese market which is the most promising one in Asia

ONE can keep Myanmar and Cambodia

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

I still believe that if Fuji TV decides RIZIN isn't worth airing that RIZIN will sign a deal with DAZN. It will change RIZIN's gameplan, but they will still be alive for a while.

People here seem to think that death is always bad, but it could mean more high-level match ups between top fighters. EliteXC/Affliction died? Boom, Strikeforce is now super-stacked.

This is how MMA grows and fighters get paid. Promoters flush money down the drain in the hope that they will become the next UFC, fighters get paid and these promotions face inevitable death. (Or you can stay small like Shooto and live forever)

actually bellators ratings are like neck and neck with pfl now so who knows.

PFL I think runs there 2019 season and ends there. Rizin gives it another nye event so they'll outlast them.

One and bellator just signed deals so they'll last into 2020 to see how Dazn deal, and adding Alverez and mouse work out I've seen lots of people suggest one is just a good money laundering scheme if so taking massive losses is no big deal getting back .75 or .50 on a dollar for drug money to make it legal.

Hopefully none but PFL seems to be the most unstable organization.

Bellator has that sweet sweet dazn money for a few years though.

who knows how sweet it actually is. every deal gets announced. the matchroom deal, the ufc deal, etc... for some reason the bellator deal wasnt announced. all that was announced was 9 figures for 5 years and we know the matchroom deal is only gauranteed for 2 years so the bellator deal probably also has a much shorter gaurantee than the announced 5.

theres a rumor out but i dont buy it. if we just take the lowest possible 9 figures and divide by 5 thats an average of 20m a year but as we saw with the UFC's fox deal the numbers start low and then go up each year so who knows what bellator is getting the first year.

Considering all the do-or-die talk about Rizin and the fact that their mega-event scored a mediocre 7.5% peak at its apex, I'm going to say Rizin.

PFL's second-season already seems funded. Though their long-term prospects seem truly grim.

One FC are swimming in venture capital. They're probably burning double amount of cash than the other orgs are but I genuinelly believe the people behind it are dumb enough to keep it going.

Bellator has that DAZN contract running. I know that there have been troubling reports about them too but it's hard too see the Nr 2 org in the world going under so soon.

This seems pretty accurate assessment.

ONE is as big as the UFC but people in this hemisphere will never grasp that.

It isn't about grasping it.

Yes, ONE does great numbers from a viewership stand point. But the problem over there is making money off those viewers and that has been the issue forever in that part of the world.

You realize how much money the UFC would be making if they could get 11 million tuning into each event in the US. They have a hard time avg. 2.0 and can get 300 million a year.
Bellator is getting 250k-500K an event and DAZN are paying them around 30 million a year.

ONE's finances are a mess and it proves they are hemorrhaging money yearly regardless of how many people are watching it. They have had increased revenue every year but they lose more money each year. That can only go on so long. Its a bad combination in any business when that happens year after year. In fact, on the surface it says your customer accusation cost are out pacing your growth and revenue when it should be going down as the business scales larger.

P.S.: The reason for this is people in that part of the world simply don't pay much for media content. They don't have 50+ million people paying over a $100 a month for cable packages like the US market. Sponsors/Advertisers aren't spending over 5 million for a 30 second spot during any event in that part of the world. But in the US they do yearly for the Superbowl.

I just did an interview with BJPenn.com about Bellator's 2019 outlook & how it should be the best year in history as far as profit/rev

KSW, Cagewarriors and ACB are the well produced long termers that stick around with excellent fights. They build the brand.

Any startup MMA needs that, rather than a hopeful money milking show.
Only so much cash in a niche sport.
ACB is already dead and it was forced to merger with WFCA to form ACA.

It isn't about grasping it.

Yes, ONE does great numbers from a viewership stand point. But the problem over there is making money off those viewers and that has been the issue forever in that part of the world.

You realize how much money the UFC would be making if they could get 11 million tuning into each event in the US. They have a hard time avg. 2.0 and can get 300 million a year.
Bellator is getting 250k-500K an event and DAZN are paying them around 30 million a year.

ONE's finances are a mess and it proves they are hemorrhaging money yearly regardless of how many people are watching it. They have had increased revenue every year but they lose more money each year. That can only go on so long. Its a bad combination in any business when that happens year after year. In fact, on the surface it says your customer accusation cost are out pacing your growth and revenue when it should be going down as the business scales larger.

P.S.: The reason for this is people in that part of the world simply don't pay much for media content. They don't have 50+ million people paying over a $100 a month for cable packages like the US market. Sponsors/Advertisers aren't spending over 5 million for a 30 second spot during any event in that part of the world. But in the US they do yearly for the Superbowl.

Good job my man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back