RIP Kevin Randleman: Help Raise Money for Family Expenses.

I agree with Jay philips. Weird thing all around. If you take steroids like candy you should be prepared to die at a young age. Is it actually 15 grand to bury someone? Is the coffin made of gold?

you seriously question a burial being $15 000? you have to buy land from the owner if it's in a proper cemetary if you want a proper funeral service then its even more i am assuming you are a a young kid or something.

He got somewhat compensated by the company, never from the people watching it.

This is not a handout.

This younger generation doesn't seem to understand what a handout is. Pretty much the majority of people calling it a handout, lives in a home they don't pay for, doesn't pay bills or hardly any at all, doesn't pay for their internet or even food, yet they are experts in financial responsibility.

Gtfo with that.

Piss off mate, I'm 32, been out of home since 17.

Please tell me how receiving money from people who don't owe him anything is not a handout. If you want to get technical about it, the people who watched him fight over the years contributed to his earnings through the gate, PPV, paying for cable and watching ads.

I think it's great that people want to help out his family given that they were left in a bit of an unpleasant situation by his untimely death but surely you concede that as a professional fighter, he should have been better prepared for eventualities just like this one.

Piss off mate, I'm 32, been out of home since 17.

Please tell me how receiving money from people who don't owe him anything is not a handout. If you want to get technical about it, the people who watched him fight over the years contributed to his earnings through the gate, PPV, paying for cable and watching ads.

I think it's great that people want to help out his family given that they were left in a bit of an unpleasant situation by his untimely death but surely you concede that as a professional fighter, he should have been better prepared for eventualities just like this one.

First off, back then, you got paid before the event, or agreed pre event about the money, so the "gate" didn't provide him with any money. Same with the ppv earnings.

Second off, no one is forcing anyone to pay anything. The people that pay, feel he has earned it.

So how long have you had life insurance?

Are you prepared to completely support your family if you died tonight?

I guess when you become disabled or can't work, you will honorably not take any form of social security, you know,... Since you've already been paid once for your work, clearly you shouldn't be paid again.

First off, back then, you got paid before the event, or agreed pre event about the money, so the "gate" didn't provide him with any money. Same with the ppv earnings.

Second off, no one is forcing anyone to pay anything. The people that pay, feel he has earned it.

So how long have you had life insurance?

Are you prepared to completely support your family if you died tonight?

I guess when you become disabled or can't work, you will honorably not take any form of social security, you know,... Since you've already been paid once for your work, clearly you shouldn't be paid again.

My savings and assets will cover any funeral expenses and I don't have any dependents. I'm also not a professional fighter.

I call BS on social security, you're getting back the money you've paid into it for your entire working life. (I know that's a simplified explanation)

My savings and assets will cover any funeral expenses and I don't have any dependents. I'm also not a professional fighter.

I call BS on social security, you're getting back the money you've paid into it for your entire working life. (I know that's a simplified explanation)
donate or don't donate...but stop being a sanctimonious dick...

donate or don't donate...but stop being a sanctimonious dick...
I'm just arguing semantics.

My original point was just that I don't get why people would be so surprised at just the idea that the UFC wouldn't contribute to funeral expenses

just for the gravestone for someone with randleman's stature, i say it costs anywhere from 15 to 50k. i would love to help this dude out but i'm an ant amongst the animals of the forest when it comes to my financial situation. my sincerest thoughts and appreciation goes out to him as a fighter and human being. war randleman have a nice journey!

No you aren't. The money you've put in has already gone to other people.

If you collect social security, other people will be paying for it, not you. That's a hand out.

No you aren't. The money you've put in has already gone to other people.

If you collect social security, other people will be paying for it, not you. That's a hand out.

You're not very good at this, are you?

You're not very good at this, are you?

When you reply with a statement like that, you are conceding defeat.

You didn't add any new information or point of view on the subject at hand.

You went for a personal attack after I pointed out that social security payments don't come from you, they come from other working people. The money you paid in, went to other people right away. So you want to get paid twice for the same work. Exactly what you accused Kevin and his family of doing.

And don't even try to pretend this didn't happen, and attempt to restart the "debate"(famous internet tactic).

Now run along.

When you reply with a statement like that, you are conceding defeat.

You didn't add any new information or point of view on the subject at hand.

You went for a personal attack after I pointed out that social security payments don't come from you, they come from other working people. The money you paid in, went to other people right away. So you want to get paid twice for the same work. Exactly what you accused Kevin and his family of doing.

And don't even try to pretend this didn't happen, and attempt to restart the "debate"(famous internet tactic).

Now run along.
You used the logic that because the money some gets out of SS at retirement is "the same" money they paid in that SS is a handout. Despite the fact that you are paying in specifically so that you have money waiting for you when you retire...it's basically your money!
How am I supposed to deal with that kind of logic in a constructive manner?

You used the logic that because the money some gets out of SS at retirement is "the same" money they paid in that SS is a handout. Despite the fact that you are paying in specifically so that you have money waiting for you when you retire...it's basically your money!
How am I supposed to deal with that kind of logic in a constructive manner?

My argument is that NONE of it is a handout.

You just proved my point for me.

You admitted that it isn't a handout.

This is just like an old Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck cartoon where I say something over and over, so do you, then I say the opposite, then it tricks you into saying my original point, lol.

My argument is that NONE of it is a handout.

You just proved my point for me.

You admitted that it isn't a handout.

This is just like an old Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck cartoon where I say something over and over, so do you, then I say the opposite, then it tricks you into saying my original point, lol.

You are comparing a system people pay money into specifically to be given money when they retire to just straight up asking people for money that was never "yours" in the first place.

You think the latter is not a handout, that these people owe him something. I don't agree. Leave it at that?

You are comparing a system people pay money into specifically to be given money when they retire to just straight up asking people for money that was never "yours" in the first place.

You think the latter is not a handout, that these people owe him something. I don't agree. Leave it at that?

When someone is clearly wrong, I don't "Leave it at that".

You are straight up wrong.

You are claiming a man/his family is asking for handouts after his death, by claiming he should have been responsible with the money he earned from fighting.

I'm sick of chumps that think they know. You don't know. You simply do not know anything about the fiscal side of this sport.

Honestly, people like Conor are getting handouts, compared to Kevin.

Kevin took harder fights, had more impressive showings and got paid far, far less for it. After paying his support crew, he prolly had hardly anything left over.

Since you don't know shit about how this works, how about you keep your mouth shut and your fingers off the keyboard.

You are seriously on this topic, saying negative things, trying to passive aggressively prevent people from helping out. Get that shit out of here. If you don't want to help, then don't. We don't give a damn about your reasons why you don't want to help.

Are you really that full of yourself, that you think that the world is chomping at the bit to hear exactly why you don't want to help?

People these days.

When someone is clearly wrong, I don't "Leave it at that".

You are straight up wrong.

You are claiming a man/his family is asking for handouts after his death, by claiming he should have been responsible with the money he earned from fighting.

I'm sick of chumps that think they know. You don't know. You simply do not know anything about the fiscal side of this sport.

Honestly, people like Conor are getting handouts, compared to Kevin.

Kevin took harder fights, had more impressive showings and got paid far, far less for it. After paying his support crew, he prolly had hardly anything left over.

Since you don't know shit about how this works, how about you keep your mouth shut and your fingers off the keyboard.

You are seriously on this topic, saying negative things, trying to passive aggressively prevent people from helping out. Get that shit out of here. If you don't want to help, then don't. We don't give a damn about your reasons why you don't want to help.

Are you really that full of yourself, that you think that the world is chomping at the bit to hear exactly why you don't want to help?

People these days.

I've stated my reasoning coherently, there's no need to lose your cool because someone on the internet disagrees with you.
It's subjective, so nobody is "clearly wrong".

Again, I said it's great that people are helping out, I NEVER said it was a bad thing, or that people shouldn't.

That's called being passive aggressive.

"I didn't say it was wrong, I just gave a million reasons as to why I won't help out, so that subconsciously I can prevent other people from helping out. I'm cool!!"

That's called being passive aggressive.

"I didn't say it was wrong, I just gave a million reasons as to why I won't help out, so that subconsciously I can prevent other people from helping out. I'm cool!!"

That's called inference. You have no idea what my motivation is (it's discussion by the way).

I never once gave a reason not to donate. For those that feel like they should, good on them.

Again, I only entered this discussion because I don't think the UFC should be vilified for (apparently) not helping out. Another opinion of mine that you can take or leave.

we really ought to just respect Kevin and his family and donate if you want. otherwise, leave it at that.

this is a tragedy. let's respect it as such.

Can someone teach these idiots how to manage their money, for fuck sake come on.

They want to live lavish lifestyles but don't plan for anything or save for anything.

Back