Rios vs Alvarado 3 on 1/24

Rios is only 28, and is saying this could be his last fight unless offered big money to fight Provo or Bradley. It's a nice paycheck fight for a guy who only knows boxing and has no other means of accumulating wealth. He has to live on boxing money the rest of his life.

WOW, I forgot he was younger than us man. I would have guessed he was like 32 or something by the way he looks and talks. That is taking into account all the dmg. Cause he looks and talks like he is 50.

Rios is like 72 in boxing years.

also, Rios by ko or Alvarado boxing to a Dec. I'm leaning Rios itd, though.

also, Rios by ko or Alvarado boxing to a Dec. I'm leaning Rios itd, though.

Im going to have to agree, alvarado doesn't seem focused you know with the pending gun charges and all.

tumblr_m74ubvN71p1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
Random Randy dancing on molly at the culb gif for the hell of it.

Ill take Rios by 5th round KO.
He'll fight Bradley in the summer.

WOW, I forgot he was younger than us man. I would have guessed he was like 32 or something by the way he looks and talks. That is taking into account all the dmg. Cause he looks and talks like he is 50.

I just checked and you're right, I am 1 month older than Rios. He looks and sounds awful. He never spoke particularly well though, so hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Funny to note that Chris Algieri and Deontay Wilder are both actually 2 years older than Rios. "Boxing years" are real.

Im going to have to agree, alvarado doesn't seem focused you know with the pending gun charges and all.

tumblr_m74ubvN71p1ry1rm7o1_250.gif
Random Randy dancing on molly at the culb gif for the hell of it.

He actually had some legal issue right before he beat Rios the last time. Got smacked in the face with a bottle or something like that.

Rios is not a good fighter. Alvarado beats him again I think.

He actually had some legal issue right before he beat Rios the last time. Got smacked in the face with a bottle or something like that.

Rios is not a good fighter. Alvarado beats him again I think.

I thought he purposefully drove his car into a lake or some crazy shit.

Alvarado doesn't seem interested and therefor I believe Rios will win, not because Rios is better. Alvarados eyes said it all after both the Provodnikov and Marquez fights.

Alvarado has taken much worse beatings since their second fight. I got my Rios by KO in the mid rounds.

Rios UD. Both their power hasn't been too strong at 147. Mike did drop Marquez though.

Alvarado doesn't seem interested and therefor I believe Rios will win, not because Rios is better. Alvarados eyes said it all after both the Provodnikov and Marquez fights.

To be fair, you can throw the same charges of being uninterested at Rios. Alvarado's private life is turmoil just now, but he had stuff going on before the second fight with Rios. Some fighters never have a peaceful time away from the ring but still get results.

Rios, on the other hand, has been increasingly vocal for years about looking for the biggest pay day etc. I'm not convinced his heart is really in the fight game so much as he's looking to try to bag another big pay day. He's never been a great fighter and has always been a gritty guy that puts constant pressure on folk, but his performances in general seem to have went downhill since his win over Abril.

Personally I thought he was very fortunate against Chaves, and had the latter not been disqualified I think he could/would have gotten the nod. Out of his last five fights the only fighter that he looked like the fighter he was once cracked up to be at times was in the first fight with Alvarado. I think perhaps Rios has just taken too much punishment and knows he's already reached his ceiling at this point.

I'm talking inside the ring. Alvarado just looked bored and wanting to get out of there if I remember it right. I don't believe I saw rios last fight so can't comment on that.

I thought Alvarado seemed scared for the first 8 rounds of the Marquez fight. I think he showed he had the ability to hang with old man Marquez in the latter portion of the fight.

I think Alvarado is the better fighter and the one with more of an upside right now. Rios has hit his ceiling and I'm not convinced he has the self belief anymore, and it's been a factor that has gradually increased since the Abril fight. Prior to that he was looking good against most of his opponents, and since then he's been outclassed, his flaws on full display, and he's been stopped. Some fighters need to genuinely believe that their toughness steers them through.

Alvarado, on the other hand, has shown gradual improvements, and came on stronger in the second half of the Marquez fight. Out of the two I think he's the more confident and I think he's the better boxer, and will be able to hang with Rios. I think he might even stop him late on.

Back