Rigondeaux vs Donaire 4/13 **All updates and discussion here

2urbo is speaking sense. People forget that Mathebula, Vazquez Jr. and Arce are not the best opposition Donaire could have beaten at that weight class. The chin thing is just ridiculous. Patently retarded. The guy hasn't been knocked out and hasn't even looked to be in danger of getting stopped. If we're going to overstate Marroquin's power in that fight, then we should all join hands and sing about Floyd's glass chin exposed by Sugar Shane.

Why are we arguing about who will win the fight? That's what they fight for...

This is going to be a spectacular fight. I cannot wait:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:

This is a good fight, don't hate. Mares is moving up in weight anyways.

If Donaire wins, I want him vs Chris John next.

Also everyone knows Seano has a grudge against Pac, Top Rank, and Arum so he will always complain or doubt. =P

2urbo is speaking sense. People forget that Mathebula, Vazquez Jr. and Arce are not the best opposition Donaire could have beaten at that weight class. The chin thing is just ridiculous. Patently retarded. The guy hasn't been knocked out and hasn't even looked to be in danger of getting stopped. If we're going to overstate Marroquin's power in that fight, then we should all join hands and sing about Floyd's glass chin exposed by Sugar Shane.

floyd got wobbled like 3 times in his career, all against wolrd class fighters .

rigondeaux got knocked down and badly hurt 3 times in one fight against a fringe contender , and in his only fight against a borderline world class fighter ( cordoba) he got knocked down ,looked like shit, and barely escaped with a split decision

i don't see how thinking that one of boxing's hardest punchers can take him out is " patently retarted "

floyd got wobbled like 3 times in his career, all against wolrd class fighters .

rigondeaux got knocked down and badly hurt 3 times in one fight against a fringe contender , and in his only fight against a borderline world class fighter ( cordoba) he got knocked down ,looked like shit, and barely escaped with a split decision

i don't see how thinking that one of boxing's hardest punchers can take him out is " patently retarted "

Donaire is not one of boxings hardest punchers.

Donaire is not one of boxings hardest punchers.

whatever's left of fernando montiel's brain begs to differ :(

but seriously, you don't think he's in the TOP 10 P4P hardest punchers ?

No I don't. Montiel knockout was spectacular for sure. Floyd mayweather knocks out about the same number of people as nonito.

This is a good fight, don't hate. Mares is moving up in weight anyways.

If Donaire wins, I want him vs Chris John next.

Chris John is with Golden Boy I think, so it's not gonna happen. At 126, it will probably plays out like this: Garcia against Donaire and Mares vs John. If Donaire and Mares continue to win at 126, they will dodge each other yet again because of promotionnal BS.

Also everyone knows Seano has a grudge against Pac, Top Rank, and Arum so he will always complain or doubt. =P

Sort of out of the blue there huh?

Entirely inaccurate too.

Whats wrong with this site anyway? Why are pages taking so long to load and not loading at all half of the time?

Arum: Donaire vs. Darchinyan Might Be a Better Fight
Posted by: Ronnie Nathanielsz on 2/6/2013 .

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

There is a possibility that undefeated WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0. 8 KO’s) may be replaced by Vic Darchinyan in the title fight against WBO/Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond Belt champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire (31-1, 20 KO’s) in Donaire's fourth title defense possibly at New York’s Madison Square Garden on April 13.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that there is “a real problem. Its stupid” referring to Rigondeaux’s demand that Top Rank settle a pending legal dispute with Miami-based Caribe Promotions before he signs the contract to fight Donaire.

Arum told us “they were out, now there in and suing and they are trying to hit me for more money which I’m not going to give them and if Rigondeaux is not going to sign the contract we’ll go with Darchinyan.”

The Top Rank promoter thinks a Donaire-Darchinyan rematch “may be a better fight and Cameron Dunkin (Donaire’s manager) likes that fight for Donaire, and Darchinyan is not asking for as much money as Rigondeaux so it will make HBO happy because we can give them a little refund.”

Rigondeaux began the week by getting rid of his trainer Jorge Rubio and according to Rick Reeno of boxingscene.com retained the services of Cuban coach Pedro Diaz who also trains Miguel Cotto, Olympic gold medalist Odlanier Solis and several other fighters.

Reeno reported that Rigondeaux’s move to change trainers has been frowned upon by his manager Gary Hyde.

IBF official and boxing writer Ray Wheatley reports that he has spoken to Darchinyan who was quopted as saying “I deserve the chance to fight Donaire before a glass-jawed bum like Rigondeaux. Who is Rigondeaux to be in the same ring with Nonito? He’s done nothing. He fights bums and his jaw is like an egg shell”

The cocky Darchinyan who was knocked out and lost his IBF/IBO flyweight titles to Donaire on July 7, 2007 after predicting he would knock Donaire out, makes the same boast again even as he adds, “I’m a warrior. I’ve never taken a backward step against anyone. I gave Nonito a chance when no one wanted to fight me. Now I want the chance to fight him. I’m not going to run for twelve rounds. If Nonito fights Rigondeaux he better buy some roller skates because he will be chasing him around the ring like a chicken.”

full article

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-donaire-vs-darchinyan-better-fight--62105

Another cherry picked opponent by Grandpa.
Garbage.

Pissing me off. Rigondeaux might not take the fight because of a contract dispute.

I'd pay to see nonito fight rigo while wearing rollerskates

@Gabriel_Montoya: I'm told Donaire-Rigondeaux is signed, sealed and delivered for April 13 at Radio City Hall. #boxing

No I don't. Montiel knockout was spectacular for sure. Floyd mayweather knocks out about the same number of people as nonito.

he's the only person to stop darchinyan ( with one punch on top of that ) , the only person to stop arce with one punch , the only person to stop montiel , the only person to stop Sydorenko ( again, with one punch ) the first person to stop nioshioka in 17 years etc...

donaire's left hook is clearly one of the hardest punches in boxing ..i don't think the KO ratio tells the whole strory , lot of his early fights went to decision for some reason , maybe he fought too tentatively in his early years...i don't know .

a similar case IMO is sergio martinez, the guy's ratio is barely above 50 % with lot of decision wins in his early career , but since moving uo to middleweight most of his fights ended with brutal one punch ko's...

he's the only person to stop darchinyan ( with one punch on top of that ) , the only person to stop arce with one punch , the only person to stop montiel , the only person to stop Sydorenko ( again, with one punch ) the first person to stop nioshioka in 17 years etc...

donaire's left hook is clearly one of the hardest punches in boxing ..i don't think the KO ratio tells the whole strory , lot of his early fights went to decision for some reason , maybe he fought too tentatively in his early years...i don't know .

a similar case IMO is sergio martinez, the guy's ratio is barely above 50 % with lot of decision wins in his early career , but since moving uo to middleweight most of his fights ended with brutal one punch ko's...

Since Martinez has moved to 160 most of his fights end with brutal one punch KOs?

Yeah that's totally not true.

Since moving to 160lbs four of Martinez's seven bouts have had a stoppage. That's about 57%

His overall stoppage figures are 29 stoppages from 54 bouts... about 54%. The figures are roughly in line.

If you only figure in his wins then his stats are four from six (67%) as opposed to overall stats of 28 from 50 (56%)... so slightly better but not vastly so.

The real issue is that only one of those stoppages at 160lbs was a one punch stoppage... his rematch with Williams. He dropped Dizzi multiple times before the ref stepped in, Barker was taken out by a series of combinations ending with his perforated eardrum and Mackin was pulled out by his corner between rounds.

i'm exaggerating , but the point is he showed tremendous power that didn't reflect his weak ass KO ratio
save for pavlik and the naturally bigger chavez, his punching power did make the difference in his other fights .
the williams ko ( previously unkoe'd )
the barker KO
the macklin knockdowns that changed the course of a fight where he was having trouble
the drizzy KO..

Back