Rigondeaux vs Donaire 4/13 **All updates and discussion here

i'm exaggerating , but the point is he showed tremendous power that didn't reflect his weak ass KO ratio
save for pavlik and the naturally bigger chavez, his punching power did make the difference in his other fights .
the williams ko ( previously unkoe'd )
the barker KO
the macklin knockdowns that changed the course of a fight where he was having trouble
the drizzy KO..

So he stops 4 of 7. With one Brutal KO. Go back and explain your first statement?

Since moving to 160lbs four of Martinez's seven bouts have had a stoppage. That's about 57%

His overall stoppage figures are 29 stoppages from 54 bouts... about 54%. The figures are roughly in line.

If you only figure in his wins then his stats are four from six (67%) as opposed to overall stats of 28 from 50 (56%)... so slightly better but not vastly so.

The real issue is that only one of those stoppages at 160lbs was a one punch stoppage... his rematch with Williams. He dropped Dizzi multiple times before the ref stepped in, Barker was taken out by a series of combinations ending with his perforated eardrum and Mackin was pulled out by his corner between rounds.

i counted 6.. was the first paul williams fight a middleweight ?
4 out of 6 wins by KO , that's 66 % . way better than his ratio at welterweight

The attorney for Gary Hyde, manager of WBA junior featherweight beltholder Guillermo Rigondeaux, has informed RingTV.com that the two-time Olympic gold medalist has signed his contract to face RING 122-pound champion Nonito Donaire on April 13 on HBO.

Hyde's attorney, Pat English, said Rigondeaux (11-0, 8 knockouts) "signed within the hour" to face Donaire (30-1, 21 KOs), both of whom are promoted by Top Rank CEO Bob Arum.

"[English] has called me to say that it has happened and that he had forwarded it to my office," said Arum, who was at lunch and had not yet seen the documents. "I believe him, because he's a responsible guy."

Arum indicated that he expects for Donaire's part of the agreement to be finalized soon.

"Everything is in the process of happening," said Arum. "When it happens, it will happen, and then, we'll announce the signing and the site."
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177185-rigondeaux-signs-to-fight-donaire#.URl6lfMPZ1k.twitter

Rigo es amor.

Its official

As expected, @filipinoflash-Rigondeaux is now official. @trboxing announced fight for 4/13 at Radio City Music Hall on @HBOboxing #boxing

So boxing fans be happy & rejoice! Because Pinoy Boxers don't Duck!! Donaire's unlike Floyd, gives us what we wants!

So I start watching Rigo fight last night & study his style! I cant believe I stay awake the whole time watching him run against cordoba! But I saw some key points. Jab & Head movement makes Rigo get out of his comfort zone!

Cordoba Rough him up in the inside around the middle of the fight & tag him and make him miss, Then after that, Rigo start running & refused to mixed up!

Rigo has only one Strong weapon, His left Straight! But it can be neutralized by moving ur feet. Donaire can counter this with Left or Right uppercut when Rigo misses. Or He can slip the punch & counter with straight right, the same punch that finishes Nishioka!

I think Donaire will finish Rigo with a Counter Left hook, after Rigo miss with his wide left hook! Kinda like how he finished montiel! But for Rigo, he's not going up from it!

I'm sold..will be getting tickets for this event. Can't wait. Nonito is quickly becoming my favorite boxer, next to Canelo.

nah, people will just point to the elephant in the room : rigo getting hurt by anything meaningfull that lands , even from subpar opponents

Ali got rocked n dropped by Banks and Henry Cooper and struggled against Doug Jones. All of this prior to meeting Sonny Liston.

Just saying.....

I think Cordoba with a straight left as GR was coming in.
Wasn't really hurt though.

So it looks like the proposed fight is already in jeopardy. This is from Nonitos official facebook page.

NEWS BREAK: I want you guys to hear it from me first. I am NOT going to NYC for the presser this Thursday bc Rigo is backing off his agreement to VADA drug testing. Rigo's team verbally agreed to VADA testing both online and in negotiations. But now that the contract to start testing is infront of them, they are finding every excuse not to sign and delay the start of the testing. I have NOT signed my fight contract yet to fight him so I have no obligation to fight ONLY HIM. It disappoints me that top fighters these days run from everything that will hold professional boxing integrity to its highest standard. I will be looking into other opponents with my manager, Cameron Dunkin immediately.

Thoughts?

looks like this fight isn's signed yet this is from Donaire's twitter:

I want you guys to hear it from me first. I am NOT going to NYC for the presser this Thursday bc Rigo is backing off his agreement to VADA drug testing. Rigo's team verbally agreed to VADA testing both online and in negotiations. But now that the contract to start testing is infront of them, they are finding every excuse not to sign and delay the start of the testing. I have NOT signed my fight contract yet to fight him so I have no obligation to fight ONLY HIM. It disappoints me that top fighters these days run from everything that will hold professional boxing integrity to its highest standard. I will be looking into other opponents with my manager, Cameron Dunkin immediately.
http://tl.gd/l3gc7h

So it looks like the proposed fight is already in jeopardy. This is from Nonitos official facebook page.

NEWS BREAK: I want you guys to hear it from me first. I am NOT going to NYC for the presser this Thursday bc Rigo is backing off his agreement to VADA drug testing. Rigo's team verbally agreed to VADA testing both online and in negotiations. But now that the contract to start testing is infront of them, they are finding every excuse not to sign and delay the start of the testing. I have NOT signed my fight contract yet to fight him so I have no obligation to fight ONLY HIM. It disappoints me that top fighters these days run from everything that will hold professional boxing integrity to its highest standard. I will be looking into other opponents with my manager, Cameron Dunkin immediately.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the irony of saying Rigondeaux is making excuses to not sign a VADA contract. This entire Facebook post is an excuse not to fight Rigondeaux. Donaire has looked for a way out since before day one.

Back