Rigo- Loma...my prediction

Loma takes over in the second half, en route to a UD. He scores a knockdown in the process.

I can see Rigo winning followed by fans being upset because the fight was boring when deep down they're just upset because the black fighter won....again. Funny enough I made this prediction before the Floyd/Pac fight. Ward/Kovalev fight and Crawford/Postol fight.

I can see Rigo winning followed by fans being upset because the fight was boring when deep down they're just upset because the black fighter won....again. Funny enough I made this prediction before the Floyd/Pac fight. Ward/Kovalev fight and Crawford/Postol fight.

Lots of apples and oranges in here.

Rigo isn't as good as PBF, Ward or Crawford at the time of those matches and the Loma is better than any of those guys they faced at the time of the match (possible exception of Pacquiao). If Rigo pulls this off he is P4P the best fighter in the sport right now.

Rigo isn't as good as PBF, Ward or Crawford at the time of those matches and the Loma is better than any of those guys they faced at the time of the match (possible exception of Pacquiao). If Rigo pulls this off he is P4P the best fighter in the sport right now.

I don't think Rigo cares enough anymore. I stopped dealing with him but I can ask Luis Jr how his sparring went

I picked rigo over donaire. Think I’m going with Loma here unless rigos camp was spectacular.

The logic doesn't make sense.

If the fight progresses, it's going to benefit the bigger, higher volume fighter which is Loma. Especially when you consider Rigo's age and inactivity. He's fought 3 rounds in the last two years.

For me, Rigo has to knockout Lomachenko early. By early, I mean under 6 rounds or so. If Loma is still there in the 8th, Rigo could be in trouble.

I'm banking on Rigo stopping Loma early, he has to. I don't see him winning a decision here.
I agree with all of that other than I don't see the guy moving up 2 weight classes winning by KO.

Lomachenko will win a decision in a fight that has become boring and repetitive by the 8th round.

coincidentally, I think this fight follows the pattern of those other fights....loma will put up a struggle, but he'll be like a trapped tiger...nowhere to go.

I also FULLY expect to hear loma fans object that the loss shouldn't count against him because it was such a boring fight....and for them to try and sh8tcan rigo and cut him out of future consideration for big fights... and then breathe a huge sigh of relief when rigo announces his retirement shortly after.

I want Rigo to win, but damn the deck is stacked against him.

I want Rigo to win, but damn the deck is stacked against him.
This may sound unfair...but the only way I can see rigo losing this is if rigo looks old, and his activity level is not there due to age and rigo looks under-powered against the bigger loma....in that case, we have to acknowledge the huge disadvantages rigo is facing...but its OK to acknowledge them, because they're actually there...those disadvantages exist. so, even though loma fans are like "you rigo fans can't use the age, size and workrate differences as an excuse if rigo loses", the fact is, I can and I will, if I think those things explain why rigo lost...I mean, nobody on loma's side is complaining about loma's big advantages...so why should rigo's side ignore them? rigo did offer to make the fight at fw...they both would have had to give up something...but loma said "no"...ok, so you have ALL the advantages you can ask for...be prepared for the other side to use them as reasons for losing, if it comes to that...now, if rigo wins DESPITE all those disadvantages, loma gets dropped OUT of the top 20 pfp...this would be the second time he lost to an older fighter he was, on paper at least, supposed to beat...so, loma should really make damn sure to utilize every single one of his many significant advantages to cement a WIN....WIN AT ALL COSTS, LOMA, or else risk being exposed as a fraud.

Loma looked like crap at his media workout.

Rigo looked SHARP.

I'm starting to second guess Loma's advantage.

Loma looked like crap at his media workout.

Rigo looked SHARP.

I'm starting to second guess Loma's advantage.
I never base anything on that...loma might just be doing maintenance at this point so as not to overtrain so he can be fresh for fightnight which, btw is only 3 days away...you don't want to be overworking yourself at this point in a training camp.

I never base anything on that...loma might just be doing maintenance at this point so as not to overtrain so he can be fresh for fightnight which, btw is only 3 days away...you don't want to be overworking yourself at this point in a training camp.

A media workout is a good gauge of someone's mental state, at least I think so. You can see their level of confidence. Maybe some people can get more - maybe see an injury if one exists. But I'm not that perceptive.

Here's a hot take: Rigondeaux is overrated. He's living off a win he had 4 years ago, and hasn't done shit since.

Here's a hot take: Rigondeaux is overrated. He's living off a win he had 4 years ago, and hasn't done shit since.
well, if you're right, it should be an easy night for loma, right?...I guess we'll see.

A media workout is a good gauge of someone's mental state, at least I think so. You can see their level of confidence. Maybe some people can get more - maybe see an injury if one exists. But I'm not that perceptive.
Yeah...if that's the case, doesn't say much for loma's preparation...but he's had some good sparring partners and I can't believe he'd not take a rigo fight serious.

I don't think Rigo cares enough anymore. I stopped dealing with him but I can ask Luis Jr how his sparring went

Maybe his championship pride needed a Loma level challenge? From the videos and statements recently he does seem very motivated by everyone doubting him,...we'll see.

I'm hoping Rigo wins but man did he look SMALL compared to Loma during the faceoff today. I think it'll be a wide decision for Loma. I'll be at the fight cheering Rigo on.

If the fight was one weightclass down I’d say even money, but age and the jump in weight give Loma a huge advantage. I see Loma winning a UD or if Rigo takes chances and engages, trying to put an offense on Loma mid-rounds, Loma May stop him late.

I agree with everything except for the overated part, if he really is, then so is Loma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back