Rigo- Loma...my prediction

Remember Rigo knows the tricks on how to counter the foot movement Loma uses to confuse lesser ring IQ fighters and beat them, Rigo has been working on this in training camp for months now and has seen this all before while winning his 2 Olympic Gold medals and World Championships, also Loma didn't adjust very well against Salidos counter attack and pressure body shots Salido was using against him. Let's see how Loma adjust to a better counter puncher then himself and a fighter who has just as good of footwork and defense as he does. This fight will go down to adjustments and power and who has the better timing between the 2 fighters.
Loma couldn't adjust to Salido low blows is what you mean. No he couldn't because low blows are extremely hard to defend. You can't just drop your elbows like with normal body shots which is why you saw him trying to swat away the low blows with his gloves. Also he was having to suck back his abdomen from those low blows so he wasn't able to counter effectively. The Salido fight proves nothing other than Loma was just too honourable and stuck in an amateur mind set to do what he should have done which is low blow back and complain to the ref.

Rigo has great defence but Loma has an overwhelming work rate. Rigo doesn't like to fight at a high pace but that's what he's going to have to do. I see Loma taking Rigo out side of his comfort zone. Rigo could even try the low blow approach but it wouldn't work for him as Loma hits low back now and also complains to the ref. Rigo is a good counter puncher but his work rate is also very low. He won't get away with that low output here if he wants to win. Plus he is 38. Can he keep up the pace with the bigger man? Imho he can't.

I can't believe you are comparing Donaire to Lomachenko. Lomchenko would walk right through Donaire like he wasn't there. If you think Rigo can treat Loma like he did Donaire then you are delusional. Loma is a 100x more technical than Donaire. Lomachenko would make Donaire quit on his stool where as Rigo couldn't stop him. Lomachenko is also 2 weight classes up on Rigo and has never been rocked. Only once has he been knocked down as an amateur in almost 400 fights! but you still think a 2 division lower fighter like Rigo is going be able to stun him? I don't think so.

I think your wrong because you are looking at basic footwork and thinking nobody could counter it and that's not true and you will see tomorrow night Rigo countering that footwork and head movement all night, then the fight will come down to who is the sharper fighter in the pocket, Rigo or Loma and I believe Rigo will be the sharper fighter tomorrow night .

Donaire would give Loma trouble if they fought because i don't think Loma hits hard enough to bother Donaire.

But we will see.

Remember Rigo broke Donaires eye socket and Donaire was way bigger then Rigo on fight night and I mean way bigger then Rigo, so weight won't be a factor in this fight.

I can't see any logic in that at all.

Size isn't the only determining factor in a fight but when two guys are both highly skilled size can play a huge part in the fight. It will factor in how well Loma can handle Rigo's punches. It will make a significant difference in how Rigo takes Loma's punches as well since he will be getting hit by a guy who is naturally 2 weight classes heavier. Inside fighting, pushing and holding all benefit the bigger fighter.

Weight will play a factor regardless of the outcome.

Loma couldn't adjust to Salido low blows is what you mean. No he couldn't because low blows are extremely hard to defend. You can't just drop your elbows like with normal body shots which is why you saw him trying to swat away the low blows with his gloves. Also he was having to suck back his abdomen from those low blows so he wasn't able to counter effectively. The Salido fight proves nothing other than Loma was just too honourable and st DQuck in an amateur mind set to do what he should have done which is low blow back and complain to the ref.

Rigo has great defence but Loma has an overwhelming work rate. Rigo doesn't like to fight at a high pace but that's what he's going to have to do. I see Loma taking Rigo out side of his comfort zone. Rigo could even try the low blow approach but it wouldn't work for him as Loma hits low back now and also complains to the ref. Rigo is a good counter puncher but his work rate is also very low. He won't get away with that low output here if he wants to win. Plus he is 38. Can he keep up the pace with the bigger man? Imho he can't.

It was the body shots that hurt Loma and the pressure inside fighting that shut down Loma"s counter attack against Salido. Chavez used that same style against counter punchers boxers and movers with great legs and hand speed, but failed doing it against Pernnel W.

Many fighters have been hit with numerous low blows and still won their fights, because they adjusted to the fighters pressure. Pernnel was getting hit low against Chavez and adjusted and still beat Chavez in their fight, but not on paper, but everyone knows Pernnel won that fight.

Body shots and inside pressure, really beat Loma that night, not low blows, but points should of been taken away from Salido or a DQ, but it doesn't change the fact that Loma was getting beat in that fight with body shots and pressure power punches.

But Salido should of been DQ or deduction of points should of been done.

I can't see any logic in that at all.

Size isn't the only determining factor in a fight but when two guys are both highly skilled size can play a huge part in the fight. It will factor in how well Loma can handle Rigo's punches. It will make a significant difference in how Rigo takes Loma's punches as well since he will be getting hit by a guy who is naturally 2 weight classes heavier. Inside fighting, pushing and holding all benefit the bigger fighter.

Weight will play a factor regardless of the outcome.[/QUOTE

You have to remember these little guys spar with these bigger fighters all the time and that's why everyone is saying Rigo hurts bigger fighters, Pac use to do the same to bigger fighters and so did Floyd, we have video proof of this.

Rigo broke Donaires eye bone socket, just like Pac did and GGG, if this doesn't prove Rigo hits incredibly hard like Pac and GGG and you still think Loma"s weight and size will bother Rigo, then you are in a big surprise, just like everyone was when Rigo hurt Donaire and broke his eye bone.

First of all, I'm going for Rigo...I think he's beaten the better, more seasoned comp. he's got the edge in power and athleticism...and he's just defensively better.

loma has beaten some decent fighters too...GRJ, walters, but he also lost to salido...to me, if you lose to salido it says a lot about you....more than if you beat an inexperienced GRJ or an uninspired walters.

but on upside for loma fans, if you like vasyl, you're a lot more comfortable with this match-up because your guy is the much younger, much bigger fighter and he's known to throw more punches....

Anyway, my prediction is rigo immediately takes control of the fight circling, controlling the distance, disrupting loma's rhythm with counters and setting traps. by the 8th, it becomes a beatdown...rigo's power starts to take effect, even though he's the smaller man...by the late rounds, I expect loma to be holding on, barely able to make it to the final bell. rigo scores at least one KD along the way and beats loma up in the inside and in the outside...a total masterclass for rigo and a crowning victory that catapults him to the #2 spot pfp.
See it as either a close fight or Lomachenko systematically outpointing and outboxing Rigo, without dealing much damage.

No way Loma uses simple footwork by steping over talking different angles against Rigo and Rigo not countering it, Rigo is a 2 time Olympics Gold medal winning World Boxing Champion, southpaw himself and uses the same boxing angles If Rigo gets beat by Loma, not adjusting to those Boxing angles and footwork like other fighters did, then he needs to fire his trainer big time. But this i believe won't happen, just like I don't believe Floyd wouldn't learn and know how to counter, Pernnel W. footwork and southpaw style like he also shutdown Pac"s footwork and southpaw style and hand speed big time, basically shutting down Pac:s whole offensive system. Rigo is a two time Olympics Gold medal winning World Champion, and should be able to do the same thing Floyd did to Pac, shut him down and beat him with speed and power and timing.

I believe Rigo and Loma should shut each others footwork down and the fight will come down to timing and accuracy and punching power and I believe Rigo is the better of the two fighters in that department.

This same thing happened in the Donaire fight each other canceling out each others footwork and style, then the fight cumming down to hand speed and timing and punching power, winner Rigo.

Last edited:
Rooting for Rigo because I believe he deserves the glory. Not that anybody really "deserves" anything, but I think Loma can lose this and still have a glorious and prosperous career. But for Rigo, this is everything.

Having said that, I believe it goes like Floyd-Pac, and Rigo can negate the footwork with timing and do enough to win 8 rounds. Gotta worry about the judging though, with where they're at in their careers. Rigo is not getting any close rounds.

I don't think Rigo cares enough anymore. I stopped dealing with him but I can ask Luis Jr how his sparring went

Honestly I never got the impression, even as a fan, that he cared a lot. Not to say he didn’t want to win, but I think by the time he turned pro he was so much better than his comp that he kind of coasted and got bored. He rarely looked hungry.

I was a fan and still am, but his limited activity and in-ring attitude was sometimes hard to overcome. I’d like to see him win tomorrow, but age, size and his mentality make me think it’s a mountain too high.

When did you first notice the change? And what do you think changed him?

Oh ....you think you can just leave it at that ???

More details !

You will have an aswer tomorrow in plenty of time. I want to make sre everything is spot on since people are betting money.

Honestly I never got the impression, even as a fan, that he cared a lot. Not to say he didn’t want to win, but I think by the time he turned pro he was so much better than his comp that he kind of coasted and got bored. He rarely looked hungry.

I was a fan and still am, but his limited activity and in-ring attitude was sometimes hard to overcome. I’d like to see him win tomorrow, but age, size and his mentality make me think it’s a mountain too high.

When did you first notice the change? And what do you think changed him?

I think after the Donaire fight ot chamged a lot. Especially with the drinking. Also the business side of boxing got to him. I saw the exact shit happen with Joan Guzman

That said, what I have aeen would lead me towards a Rigo bet at good odds. I need to see more

You have to remember these little guys spar with these bigger fighters all the time and that's why everyone is saying Rigo hurts bigger fighters, Pac use to do the same to bigger fighters and so did Floyd, we have video proof of this.

Rigo broke Donaires eye bone socket, just like Pac did and GGG, if this doesn't prove Rigo hits incredibly hard like Pac and GGG and you still think Loma"s weight and size will bother Rigo, then you are in a big surprise, just like everyone was when Rigo hurt Donaire and broke his eye bone.
Are you saying rigo Pac-Man and golovkin all broke donaires orbital bone in sparring?

Or do you mean pac man broke margaritos, golovkin broke brooks and donaire had his broken by Darchinyan?

i
Both highly skilled fighters. With that being said...logically you have to say the younger, bigger fighter has the advantage. Even though Rigo has never been a super offensive fighter...he seems particularly less inclined to let his hands go in recent fights. However, not been a fan of Lomo's showboating in his recent performances. Arum has been blowing so much smoke up his ass that it feels like he might be getting a little too arrogant for his own good. I am hoping Rigo has one last great performance left in him to make this an intriguing fight. Unfortunately, with Arum and company in charge...Rigo will need a KO or DOMINANT performance since the judges will def do him no favors if it goes to the cards.
if there's one thing we learned from the career of the great floyd mwayweather, jr, it's that being the younger, bigger man is not a real advantage...not in reality. when two guys get in the ring, it's about skill, ability and something called intangibles...ring intelligence...hell, it's about intelligence period. and rigo has power... i thought loma looked very unimpressive in his last fight...and that was supposed to be a showcase fight for him.

without question, lomachenko is a talented fighter...and a very well-schooled one. but i don't think he has the range of abilities he will need to handle rigo...i guess we'll see for sure tomorrow night.

Loma couldn't adjust to Salido low blows is what you mean. No he couldn't because low blows are extremely hard to defend. You can't just drop your elbows like with normal body shots which is why you saw him trying to swat away the low blows with his gloves. Also he was having to suck back his abdomen from those low blows so he wasn't able to counter effectively. The Salido fight proves nothing other than Loma was just too honourable and stuck in an amateur mind set to do what he should have done which is low blow back and complain to the ref.

lol@ low blows....dude, that's what i call revisionist history. sure, salido landed some low blows...but to act like that's the reason he dominated loma shows you're not even interested in being honest.

i honestly feel loma is a very overrated guy....the grj win proved nothing except grj was a very inexperienced guy...the walters fight only showed that walters was a bitter, disillusioned guy who came prepared to give only a minimal effort......becuase he got screwed on the money end...loma was very unimpressive in his last fight against a shopworn fighter... in reality, this is loma's first real test since salido...hopefully rigo is in good physical shape and things go well for him and i can see him beating loma.

Hard to poo poo Loma's resume when Rigos best win was against a guy who only met with his trainer via telephone in preparing for the fight.

That said, I'm rooting for Rigo. Lomachenko's getting a little too smug.

Last edited:
Hard to poo poo Loma's resume when Rigos best win was against a guy who only met with his trainer via telephone in preparing for the fight.

That said, I'm rooting for Rigo. Lomachenko's getting a little to smug.

You can question both their resumes. Having said that, Donaire, in context, is a far better win than anything Lomachenko has done. At the same time, Lomachenko has been easily beating top fighters embarrassingly easily. They're both elite fighters, but I think they're elite fighters two weights apart (Rigo was small for SBW; Lomachenko was eyeing moving up to LW).

You can question both their resumes. Having said that, Donaire, in context, is a far better win than anything Lomachenko has done. At the same time, Lomachenko has been easily beating top fighters embarrassingly easily. They're both elite fighters, but I think they're elite fighters two weights apart (Rigo was small for SBW; Lomachenko was eyeing moving up to LW).

Bet Loma. The thing I took away from what I watched is Rigo is a step slow

Bet Loma. The thing I took away from what I watched is Rigo is a step slow

He didn't do his regular exercises anywhere near as fast as he normally does. lol, I've learned not to bet against your inklings over the years.

Back