Rigo- Loma...my prediction

Here's a hot take: Rigondeaux is overrated. He's living off a win he had 4 years ago, and hasn't done shit since.
That's one way to look at it...if you're a hater.

Or you could view it as Bob Arum trying to sewer his career, compounded by the fact that he's one of those high-risk, low reward, avoided fighters...

Was Donaire ever anything other than a deadly left hook?

Loma looked like crap at his media workout.

Rigo looked SHARP.

I'm starting to second guess Loma's advantage.

Lomachenko never does anything other than some shadowboxing and hitting the heavy bag, all rather casually.

Lomachenko never does anything other than some shadowboxing and hitting the heavy bag, all rather casually.

That and they were both in the same room. He isn't going to show everything he can do, let alone at his best, when that's the case. He just said it himself in an interview yesterday. He only shows the media what he wants them (and us) to see until fight night. His full media day workout was held a week ago and he looked very sharp. Yesterday was just the obligatory Top Rank media day for both of them.

Shadowboxing

Bag

Fight Ball

That and they were both in the same room. He isn't going to show everything he can do, let alone at his best, when that's the case. He just said it himself in an interview yesterday. He only shows the media what he wants them (and us) to see until fight night. His full media day workout was held a week ago and he looked very sharp. Yesterday was just the obligatory Top Rank media day for both of them.

Shadowboxing

Bag

Fight Ball

thats fair. i guess i'll have to wait and see. Prediction I made when the fight was announced was loma via UD. I guess I'll keep it

Heart says Rigo; mind says Loma.

Size and work rate will prevail, and Lomachenko will win.

I don't think Rigo cares enough anymore. I stopped dealing with him but I can ask Luis Jr how his sparring went

Oh ....you think you can just leave it at that ???

More details !

First of all, I'm going for Rigo...I think he's beaten the better, more seasoned comp. he's got the edge in power and athleticism...and he's just defensively better.

loma has beaten some decent fighters too...GRJ, walters, but he also lost to salido...to me, if you lose to salido it says a lot about you....more than if you beat an inexperienced GRJ or an uninspired walters.

but on upside for loma fans, if you like vasyl, you're a lot more comfortable with this match-up because your guy is the much younger, much bigger fighter and he's known to throw more punches....

Anyway, my prediction is rigo immediately takes control of the fight circling, controlling the distance, disrupting loma's rhythm with counters and setting traps. by the 8th, it becomes a beatdown...rigo's power starts to take effect, even though he's the smaller man...by the late rounds, I expect loma to be holding on, barely able to make it to the final bell. rigo scores at least one KD along the way and beats loma up in the inside and in the outside...a total masterclass for rigo and a crowning victory that catapults him to the #2 spot pfp.
I hope you're correct. Rigo is a beast and deserves credit for even going up 2 weight classes to fight one of the best in the world in any weight class. Just because Loma is the more aggressive fighter doesn't mean he's gonna be able to crack Rigo's defense. Just like Roy Jones Jr. said, when you've fought 500 times in you're life, weight classes don't mean a whole lot. This is gonna be a hell of a fight Saturday... lets go Rigo!

I remember people laughed at Floyd, Canelo and Golovkin fighting guys moving up 2 classes.

This fight though, its going to be epic, I tell ya!
<{MingNope}>

I remember people laughed at Floyd, Canelo and Golovkin fighting guys moving up 2 classes.

<{MingNope}>

It'll be better than watching Floyd fight an MMA fighter pretending to be a professional boxer. I agree.

First of all, I'm going for Rigo...I think he's beaten the better, more seasoned comp. he's got the edge in power and athleticism...and he's just defensively better.

loma has beaten some decent fighters too...GRJ, walters, but he also lost to salido...to me, if you lose to salido it says a lot about you....more than if you beat an inexperienced GRJ or an uninspired walters.

but on upside for loma fans, if you like vasyl, you're a lot more comfortable with this match-up because your guy is the much younger, much bigger fighter and he's known to throw more punches....

Anyway, my prediction is rigo immediately takes control of the fight circling, controlling the distance, disrupting loma's rhythm with counters and setting traps. by the 8th, it becomes a beatdown...rigo's power starts to take effect, even though he's the smaller man...by the late rounds, I expect loma to be holding on, barely able to make it to the final bell. rigo scores at least one KD along the way and beats loma up in the inside and in the outside...a total masterclass for rigo and a crowning victory that catapults him to the #2 spot pfp.

Both highly skilled fighters. With that being said...logically you have to say the younger, bigger fighter has the advantage. Even though Rigo has never been a super offensive fighter...he seems particularly less inclined to let his hands go in recent fights. However, not been a fan of Lomo's showboating in his recent performances. Arum has been blowing so much smoke up his ass that it feels like he might be getting a little too arrogant for his own good. I am hoping Rigo has one last great performance left in him to make this an intriguing fight. Unfortunately, with Arum and company in charge...Rigo will need a KO or DOMINANT performance since the judges will def do him no favors if it goes to the cards.

Last edited:

<{MingNope}>
I had the same laugh when Floyd had an exhibition with Connor.

Rigo beats Loma in a shocker 12 round slow fight just like Rigo beat Donaire in a slow fight with everyone asking what is wrong with Filipino kid flash Donaire and what is wrong with Loma what happened to Donar, why isn't he fighting back and not going toe to toe with Rigo, because Donaire is the bigger man. That's the same thing people will say about Loma, why isn't Loma being the bigger man pressuring Rigo and fighting him on the inside.

Because Rigo will counter the sh_it out of Loma in the first 4 rounds, rocking Loma with a counter strait Left hand and as soon as Loma gets stung and buzzzed, Loma will go in protection mode, because Rido hits harder then you think he and Loma and his team thinks he does to.

The same thing that happened to Donaire, is going to happen to Loma, then him and his fans will come up with an injury excuse in training camp but they still took the fight excuse being hurt in camp and no rematch kids.

Remember Rigo broke Donaires eye socket and Donaire was way bigger then Rigo on fight night and I mean way bigger then Rigo, so weight won't be a factor in this fight.

The logic doesn't make sense.

If the fight progresses, it's going to benefit the bigger, higher volume fighter which is Loma. Especially when you consider Rigo's age and inactivity. He's fought 3 rounds in the last two years.

For me, Rigo has to knockout Lomachenko early. By early, I mean under 6 rounds or so. If Loma is still there in the 8th, Rigo could be in trouble.

I'm banking on Rigo stopping Loma early, he has to. I don't see him winning a decision here.

That’s a pretty good assessment imo

The logic doesn't make sense.

If the fight progresses, it's going to benefit the bigger, higher volume fighter which is Loma. Especially when you consider Rigo's age and inactivity. He's fought 3 rounds in the last two years.

For me, Rigo has to knockout Lomachenko early. By early, I mean under 6 rounds or so. If Loma is still there in the 8th, Rigo could be in trouble.

I'm banking on Rigo stopping Loma early, he has to. I don't see him winning a decision here.

The reason why I think your wrong is Rigo has been down this road before against Donaire the bigger high volume puncher with great power and speed going up against the little man in Rigo who throws very little punches a round.

Donaire was supposed to be the superior boxer who toward over Rigo and Donaire was cleaning out great fighters at the time, logic told us Donaire was suppose to win that fight against the smaller man Rigo.

Ding, Ding, round 1, Donaire comes out trading with this tiny Cubin fighter and Boom Rigo lands that power punch staggering Donaire, this changes the whole fight altogether and then Rigo cruises to a 12 round easy fight win and brakes Donaires eye socket.

I see the same fight with Loma happening just like Donaire. Ding, Ding, round 1 both guys box then Boom, Rigo catching Loma with a big punch and staggering Loma, then cruises to a easy 12 round win.

Loma doesn't hit hard enough to bother Rigo, just like Donaire a bigger puncher then Loma didn't bother Rigo only with a flash knockdown, then Rigo gets up and has no problem exchanging with Donaire, exactly the same fight same outcome 12 round win for Rigo. But with Loma not knocking down Rigo in their fight.

Rigo beats Loma in a shocker 12 round slow fight just like Rigo beat Donaire in a slow fight with everyone asking what is wrong with Filipino kid flash Donaire and what is wrong with Loma what happened to Donar, why isn't he fighting back and not going toe to toe with Rigo, because Donaire is the bigger man. That's the same thing people will say about Loma, why isn't Loma being the bigger man pressuring Rigo and fighting him on the inside.

Because Rigo will counter the sh_it out of Loma in the first 4 rounds, rocking Loma with a counter strait Left hand and as soon as Loma gets stung and buzzzed, Loma will go in protection mode, because Rido hits harder then you think he and Loma and his team thinks he does to.

The same thing that happened to Donaire, is going to happen to Loma, then him and his fans will come up with an injury excuse in training camp but they still took the fight excuse being hurt in camp and no rematch kids.

Remember Rigo broke Donaires eye socket and Donaire was way bigger then Rigo on fight night and I mean way bigger then Rigo, so weight won't be a factor in this fight.

I can't believe you are comparing Donaire to Lomachenko. Lomchenko would walk right through Donaire like he wasn't there. If you think Rigo can treat Loma like he did Donaire then you are delusional. Loma is a 100x more technical than Donaire. Lomachenko would make Donaire quit on his stool where as Rigo couldn't stop him. Lomachenko is also 2 weight classes up on Rigo and has never been rocked. Only once has he been knocked down as an amateur in almost 400 fights! but you still think a 2 division lower fighter like Rigo is going be able to stun him? I don't think so.

Remember Rigo knows the tricks on how to counter the foot movement Loma uses to confuse lesser ring IQ fighters and beat them, Rigo has been working on this in training camp for months now and has seen this all before while winning his 2 Olympic Gold medals and World Championships, also Loma didn't adjust very well against Salidos counter attack and pressure body shots Salido was using against him. Let's see how Loma adjust to a better counter puncher then himself and a fighter who has just as good of footwork and defense as he does. This fight will go down to adjustments and power and who has the better timing between the 2 fighters.

Back