Rigo- Loma...my prediction

TownBiz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, I'm going for Rigo...I think he's beaten the better, more seasoned comp. he's got the edge in power and athleticism...and he's just defensively better.

loma has beaten some decent fighters too...GRJ, walters, but he also lost to salido...to me, if you lose to salido it says a lot about you....more than if you beat an inexperienced GRJ or an uninspired walters.

but on upside for loma fans, if you like vasyl, you're a lot more comfortable with this match-up because your guy is the much younger, much bigger fighter and he's known to throw more punches....

Anyway, my prediction is rigo immediately takes control of the fight circling, controlling the distance, disrupting loma's rhythm with counters and setting traps. by the 8th, it becomes a beatdown...rigo's power starts to take effect, even though he's the smaller man...by the late rounds, I expect loma to be holding on, barely able to make it to the final bell. rigo scores at least one KD along the way and beats loma up in the inside and in the outside...a total masterclass for rigo and a crowning victory that catapults him to the #2 spot pfp.

rigo immediately takes control of the fight circling, controlling the distance, disrupting loma's rhythm with counters and setting traps.

I got Rigondeaux as well. I think the way he controls distance and rhythm would disrupt Lomachenko's offense. Been following his career for a while now, his timing is impeccable, schooled prime Donaire. Can't wait for Saturday

First of all, I'm going for Rigo...I think he's beaten the better, more seasoned comp. he's got the edge in power and athleticism...and he's just defensively better.

loma has beaten some decent fighters too...GRJ, walters, but he also lost to salido...to me, if you lose to salido it says a lot about you....more than if you beat an inexperienced GRJ or an uninspired walters.

but on upside for loma fans, if you like vasyl, you're a lot more comfortable with this match-up because your guy is the much younger, much bigger fighter and he's known to throw more punches....

Anyway, my prediction is rigo immediately takes control of the fight circling, controlling the distance, disrupting loma's rhythm with counters and setting traps. by the 8th, it becomes a beatdown...rigo's power starts to take effect, even though he's the smaller man...by the late rounds, I expect loma to be holding on, barely able to make it to the final bell. rigo scores at least one KD along the way and beats loma up in the inside and in the outside...a total masterclass for rigo and a crowning victory that catapults him to the #2 spot pfp.

Okay lets bet!

You take Rigo and I'll take Loma.

Loser has to stay the fuck off the boxing forum until December ends and the new year begins.

Deal?

The logic doesn't make sense.

If the fight progresses, it's going to benefit the bigger, higher volume fighter which is Loma. Especially when you consider Rigo's age and inactivity. He's fought 3 rounds in the last two years.

For me, Rigo has to knockout Lomachenko early. By early, I mean under 6 rounds or so. If Loma is still there in the 8th, Rigo could be in trouble.

I'm banking on Rigo stopping Loma early, he has to. I don't see him winning a decision here.

The logic doesn't make sense.

If the fight progresses, it's going to benefit the bigger, higher volume fighter which is Loma. Especially when you consider Rigo's age and inactivity. He's fought 3 rounds in the last two years.

For me, Rigo has to knockout Lomachenko early. By early, I mean under 6 rounds or so. If Loma is still there in the 8th, Rigo could be in trouble.

I'm banking on Rigo stopping Loma early, he has to. I don't see him winning a decision here.

Really depends if Rigo can land some counterpunches that sting enough to make Loma hesitate. We've seen it happen before with Mayweather vs Canelo, Canelo being the younger and more aggressive fighter. Canelo was a lot younger and inexperienced when he fought Mayweather though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in this fight.

My head says Loma but my heart wants Rigo.

lomas incredible footwork is going to make rigo look every bit his 37 years of age not fighting anyone since donaire over four years ago

I'm taking Rigo here. I think it's gonna be really high level, but we've seen Rigo hurt guys much bigger than him (Amagasa and Donaire specifically). THat doesn't guarantee he'll beat Vasyl, but it does mean that I think he can hurt Vasyl, which a lot of people seem to think he can't.

Rooting for Rigo but Loma's size, youth, work rate are all making me think this might be too much for him at this point. So my pick is Loma but I'm rooting for Rigo here. one thing is for sure, Rigo will land that left of his, it's just a matter of if Rigo's power can carry and how well Loma handles the shots. I think Loma's gonna take the lead here, Rigo will look to counter. Loma eventually wears him down or gets caught coming in. I think Loma takes it but I love this fight and I'm a Rigo fan so hoping the tiny old Cuban man can pull it out.

Btw easily the best pro match up between two fighters with the amateur pedigrees that these guys have. What is it 4 olympic golds between the two of them? Fucking amazing.

edit: 4 golds Can't wait for this shit.

The age/size advantages are too much for Rigo to overcome...I expect an unusually one-sided beatdown in favor of Lomachenko.

Okay lets bet!

You take Rigo and I'll take Loma.

Loser has to stay the fuck off the boxing forum until December ends and the new year begins.

Deal?
So, if rigo wins you get lost without a trace til january and if loma wins, i disappear til the new year? ok...bet taken.

El oh el...

That dirty defecting Cuban is gonna get his shit pushed in.

Bookmarked so I can come back and laugh in your face.

Good on Rigo for taking the challenge though. Should be a fun fight.

<{Heymansnicker}> .

- rigo is going up 2 wgt classes
- rigo got knocked down and seriously hurt by amagasa (who is bigger in size)
- lomachenko has never been wobbled, stunned.
- lomachenko he did to gary russell, tells you how he handles speed. he's in his prime.
- rigo's performance against donaire was amazing, but that was a long time ago
- salido gave loma problems with his in fighting, low stance. but rigo's style is outboxing, footwork.

i think rigondeux's skills are on the highest level
but what gives many fighters problems, is that deceptive reach.
he's small in hgt, but has super quick hands and reach, power.
if he can hurt lomachenko with 1 punch, it maybe rigo's night.

otherwise, lomachenko will most certainly outwork rigondeux on points.

i can see loma losing if he fights as arrogantly and unfocused as he has recently.

What makes you say Rigo has more athleticism? The man is like 36 isnt he?

I forecast Lomachenko winning by KO in round 9.

What makes you say Rigo has more athleticism? The man is like 36 isnt he?

I forecast Lomachenko winning by KO in round 9.

He just turned 37, assuming that's his real age. I think that's probably accurate. TS should bet big on Rigo if he's such a lock. I haven't seen a bet slip and it would be impossible to pass up at these odds if he's so confident.

Rooting for Rigo but Loma's size, youth, work rate are all making me think this might be too much for him at this point. So my pick is Loma but I'm rooting for Rigo here. one thing is for sure, Rigo will land that left of his, it's just a matter of if Rigo's power can carry and how well Loma handles the shots. I think Loma's gonna take the lead here, Rigo will look to counter. Loma eventually wears him down or gets caught coming in. I think Loma takes it but I love this fight and I'm a Rigo fan so hoping the tiny old Cuban man can pull it out.

Btw easily the best pro match up between two fighters with the amateur pedigrees that these guys have. What is it 4 olympic golds between the two of them? Fucking amazing.

edit: 4 golds Can't wait for this shit.

Four Olympic gold medals, four World Championship gold medals, one Junior World Championship gold medal (Loma) and a Val Barker Trophy (Loma). One of Rigo's Olympic gold medals he had molded to make his grill. Aside from the Val Barker Trophy that I included that's only counting their amateur gold medal haul at the World Championships & Olympics.

Back